You Got This!

The Life of the Sixth Member

"Seungwan-unnie?" you called as you saw her humming figure, slaving away at the dough she was kneading. 

She immediately turned around to face you, a small smile on her lips. "Liza, you're home!"

You looked at her with inquisitive eyes before shrugging your bag off so you could take off your coat. Your padded jacket already hung next to the door. 

"Yeah, class finished a little early," you answered as you made your way towards the sink to wash your hands, "what are you making?" 

Wendy hummed in thought. "I thought about making some bread I learned in cooking class but I'm not sure if it'd taste good," she pouted subconsciously, causing you to scoff playfully. 

"You doubt yourself too much, Unnie," you joked albeit in an attempt to assure her, "I'm sure it'll be delicious like always. Do you need any help?" 

She fell quiet at your response for a little bit before she perked up at your offer, though you could see some hesitance in them. "Aren't you tired? Wasn't the class hard today?" 

You gave her a warm, reassuring smile. "It was alright, Unnie, nothing I couldn't handle," you reassured her once more and her smile was wider this time, happiness shining through her gaze at the prospect of spending time with you. 

"I would love your help, thank you." 

You put on your apron and made sure your hair wasn't out of place before taking your place next to her, falling into the familiar rhythm of being in the kitchen with her. 

"How was your day, Unnie?" You started out slow, not wanting to make her feel pressured. You knew something was going on the minute she looked at you and you wanted to help. 

She stayed silent for quite a while and you knew she was contemplating whether to tell you the whole truth or not but you didn't push. You wanted to help her with her problems, yes, but it should be on her terms. 

"It was good, I did some recording for the radio show and went to practice for GOT afterwards. It was the first day for the dance practice." 

You hummed to let her know you were listening to her but stayed quiet, knowing she wasn't finished. 

"I feel like I could've done better," her voice had gotten quieter at the last part which made you look up to face her. 

You looked at her this time, eyes soft with the love and adoration you've always had for her. "Why's that?" 

"I don't know," she sighed frustratedly, "I feel like I could've done the choreo better or picked them up quicker so I won't hold anyone back," she explained as you got back to kneading, knowing it would be easier for her to explain if you weren't looking right at her. It was a trait that both of you shared.

"Do you think you gave your all?" you asked after a while, making sure she knew you were not judging her. 

She nodded more surely this time. "Yeah." 

You shrugged. "Then I'm pretty sure you've done the best you could, Unnie. It's only the first day of practice, right?" you looked at her for confirmation, "so you have enough time to pick everything up." 

She looked at you with watery eyes and you knew she was almost at her breaking point. So you picked up the cloth laying nearby and cleaned your hands before taking her hands gently in your own, cleaning them as best as you could. After that, you put the cloth away and wrapped your arms around your mother figure, bringing her into your warm embrace. 

"Tell me what's wrong, Unnie," you coaxed softly, causing her to wrap her arms around your waist a little tighter and bury her head deeper into your chest. 

"I just feel so nervous and overwhelmed, Liza. I feel like I have to do a lot of things at once and I'm not sure I have my grip on it anymore." Her tears fell and she groaned, frustrated at herself. 

You shushed her gently. "Take deep breaths, Wan-unnie, deep breaths, let it all out," you cooed as you hugged her tighter, wanting to give her all the warmth she could need. 

She proceeded to do as you had asked, letting her tears come out as much as they wanted and finally letting a relieved sigh at the end of it all. 

"Feeling any better?" You pulled back from the hug to look at her in the eyes, smiling softly at the adorable pout she was sporting. You never hold back your members from crying because your father always told you holding back is never a good thing.

She smiled as she nodded, looking more relaxed than before. "Thank you, Eli-ah, I think I needed that." 

"I understand what you're feeling, Unnie," you looked at her with sympathy shining in your eyes, "you've been juggling so much that even fans were worried that you're running yourself thin. Why does it feel you don't have a grip anymore, Unnie? What made you feel that way?" 

She sighed, a little resigned as she played with one of the strings of your hoodie while trying to gather her thoughts. "I guess it was the way I kept thinking about my next schedule or things I had to do whilst doing something else," she sighed before continuing, "like when I was recording for my radio today, thoughts about practicing kept popping up in my head and I tried really hard to not let it get to me or else I would've messed up. 

"Have you ever felt that way, Eli-ah?" 

You gave her soft smile, hand raised up to her hair, trying to give her comfort and calmness. "Of course, Unnie, you know how much of an overthinker I am. I used to do that with everything I do and it was driving me crazy," you gave her a sympathetic smile, "and after I talked to Joohyun-unnie, she suggested to try just focusing on what I'm currently doing and if the thoughts of what I have to do next comes up, I should try taking deep breaths before pushing the thought away, calming myself down and telling myself that everything has its own time and place and that it's going to be okay," you explained your experience with your own overthinking tendencies, causing Wendy to widen her eyes in surprise and you could see the worry in her eyes. 

"Why have you never told me this? I didn't know you went through this much hardship with your overthinking..." she trailed off, looking up at you with such anguish that you couldn't help but coo before bringing her into your warmth, hugging her tightly. 

"I'm only experiencing this now and it's driving me crazy. How long did you deal with that?" Her voice was muffled by your chest but you could still hear her question, sadness lacing her voice. 

You squeezed her one more time before pulling back slightly so you could look at her in the eye. "A little while before Unnie found me almost having an anxiety attack in the bathroom before practise one day," you chuckled at the memory whilst Wendy could only look at you in surprise. 

"It was hard at the beginning but what Joohyun-unnie suggested worked for me, maybe you can try it too," you continued softly and a warm, encouraging smile made its way to your lips, "what's important to remember is that you're not running out of time and everything has its place, Unnie, you have time finishing what you're doing and enjoying it before you focus on your next move." Wendy looked into your eyes as she searched for something before sighing, and a small, relieved smile made its way to her lips. 

"So this feeling can go away?" She sounded like a kid and the smile on your face widened at the excited tone underneath her question. 

You nodded assuringly. "Yes, and if you want me to, I can help remind you to focus when you start to overthink. Just tell me when and I'll be there, okay?" 

"Okay," the smile on her face was breathtaking and you were glad to see the weight seemed to be gone from her chest. 

You kissed her forehead before releasing her from your embrace with one last squeeze, continuing with your task at hand. Wendy cut the silence a little while later, shy and unsure but also hopeful. 

"Liza?" 

You hummed in response, turning your attention to her.

"I have practice tomorrow too. Will you come?" 

A grin made its way to your lips and the tension fell from Wendy's shoulders as she relaxed at your reaction. She knew what you were going to say. 

"Of course, Unnie. Even though I hate the lyrics, I'm still excited to see how the dance is going to be," you and she chuckled, bumping your arm with her shoulder in response. 

 "Yah, don't say that in front of everyone tomorrow." 

You laughed out loud. "I'm sure they share my sentiments!"

 

The next day, as promised, you made your way to GOT the beat's dance practice armed with drinks and snacks the members can consume in-between breaks. Your manager walked ahead to open the door for you and the second you entered, gasps could be heard from inside the room. 

An excited chorus of "Eli!" and "Unnie!" greeted you as you entered, causing you to grin as you greeted everyone with a polite bow. 

"Hello! I hope I'm not interrupting!" You made your way to put everything down before opening your arms, knowing your first sister would run into your arms the minute she saw you. 

"You would never," Taeyeon answered as Seulgi made her way to your arms with an excited squeal, causing everyone to laugh and coo at her reaction. 

"What are you doing here, dongsaeng-ah? You didn't tell me you were stopping by!" Seulgi squeezed you one more time before pulling back completely with her adorable eye smile, making way for her soulmate to hug you. 

"Hi, Unnie," you breathed into Wendy's hair as she wrapped her arms around your waist before looking at Seulgi to answer her question, "I wanted to surprise you!" 

Wendy snuggled into your chest in response, causing you to hug her tighter. "Thank you for being here." 

"You'll always have me by your side, Unnie, always," you replied before kissing the side of her head softly, pulling back from the hug to greet her with your signature warm smile. 

She tiptoed to pat your cheek in affection and you leaned into her touch, closing your eyes in bliss before you felt taps on your leg, causing you to look down and laugh. 

"Zero-ah, hello! Have you missed noona?" You picked the cute dog up and gave him a few scratches before settling him in your arms as you gave his owner a side hug after she made her way to you. 

You realised you've stopped their practice with your presence. You glanced apologetically around the room as you tried to express your apologies with another bow. "I'm so sorry for interrupting the practice." 

Everyone was quick to deny as the remaining members made their way to you with nothing but adoration and excitement in their eyes.

"Yah, what did Taeyeon say? You could never, Eli-ah. Now give me a hug too," Hyoyeon demanded and you laughed, letting Taeyeon take Zero out of your arms so you could give the hugs you've been famous for. 

After the second generation idols were the maknaes and they made their way into your arms excitedly, throwing their arms around your waist and back as they giggled.

"We've missed you, Unnie! You've been so busy!" Winter teased and before you could retort, her leader jumped in. "Yeah, we've missed having you around, Unnie!" 

You glared playfully at the two as they giggled mischievously, unaware of the older unnies watching and recording (in Taeyeon's case) the interaction with adoration in their eyes. 

"Yah, I'm not the one who's constantly putting out new songs and performing everywhere! And now this?" 

They both whined petulantly, causing throw your head back in a carefree laugh. You hugged them one more time before pulling back, patting their heads in affection. 

"Let Unnie treat you to dinner after this, how's that?" 

Their eyes widened excitedly as they nodded furiously, making you chuckle. Moments like this reminded you just how young they really were. 

"Okay, off you go. Enjoy the moment, okay?" They both nodded obediently and made their way to their respective place. 

You turned your attention towards the one you came here for in the first place, noticing that she was still lingering around you. You put your hands on each of her shoulders, gaze serious.

"Focus on the now, Wan-unnie. You're practising your dance moves for Step Back and that's the only thing you should be thinking about, okay? Look at me or get me if you need my help, I'm right here with you." 

From her expression, you knew she was about to object before deciding not to, knowing it was pointless. Besides, she was eternally grateful to have you by her side. 

"Okay, I'm dancing and I have time to enjoy the process." 

You smiled proudly at her, raising a hand to pat her cheek. "That's right, Unnie. Enjoy the moment." 

"Enjoy the moment," she muttered to herself as she nodded, "right, I could do that." 

You smiled one last time before removing your hands to let her go, watching as everyone got into position. You made your way to the sofa before giving a thumbs up to the looks Seulgi was giving you from the mirror. You winked at her and she scoffed, shaking her head in amusement.

You stayed for the rest of the practice and in the dance practice video that was posted weeks later, everyone could see the interaction between you and the other girls and how you doted around Wendy the most, talking to her and making her laugh to make her feel relaxed. You've been where she was before and was grateful to have Irene with you. Now, you wanted to do the same for Wendy. 

Things might get hard sometimes but your members knew they could always depend on you and you, them. Always.