009

Loey's Wife

“We should have tried to flush her down the restroom at least once when were still students.” Jinah said as they stepped out of the restaurant. Minae grinned at her, Chanyeol was walking beside her, busy typing on his phone.

“Chanyeol scares her, it’s kind of funny.” Minae mused as she hooked her arm with his, Jinah snorted.

“Of course she’s scared of him. He can buy them out anytime.”

“I just don’t understand…what they want, you know. it’s been..years.” Minae murmured, Chanyeol looked away from his phone, his forehead creased and he met eyes with Jinah.

“Whatever they want, it’s not your fault. They’re just jealous of you, because you’re the pretty one.” Jinah said lightly, as her car pulled over before them, the driver slid down and opened the doors for her.

“I’ll see you at the party.”

“Yeah, take care.” Minae blew her a kiss, she chuckled before getting inside the vehicle. She puffed her cheeks as the car sped away from them.

“Nice timing, Loey.” She said as Chanyeol held onto her hand, he smiled and nodded.

“What Jinah’s been saying..she’s right.” He said as they crossed the street, Min’s brows rose but she shook her head.

“You do have a claim on that company, your father is the firstborn.”

“I don’t want to create trouble, let them be.” Minae gave his hand a small squeeze as they reached their car, Chanyeol opened the door for her and nodded.

“I want to create trouble for them.” He said to himself before going to his side of the vehicle.

 

 

Chanyeol leaned back on his seat as he minimized the volume of his speakers, he was listening to the record that the company had just sent him.

Minae was preparing for the party in her room, she had a team of makeup artists and stylists helping her out, well, Jinah sent for them. Minae would never really do that type of thing, but Baekhyun’s girl wanted her best friend to look perfect.

Chanyeol picked up his phone and quickly called for his secretary.

“Yes, chairman?”

“Can you check on Jung Oil for me?” He spoke as he drummed his fingers on the table, he shut his laptop close.

“Jung Oil? You mean, the samonim’s family?”

“Yes, them. I want to know the company’s standing and who’s the one running it now.”

There was a short pause, he could hear his secretary typing away on his computer.

“Is there anything else, sir?”

“I don’t want just their publicly known records, I want to know everything.”

“Yes, I’ll make some calls, sir.”

Chanyeol’s forehead creased, he glanced at the shelves behind him and saw a photo of him and Minae taken during their graduation day.

“And, I’d like you to keep tabs on Jung Eunhye and her daughter, Shim Aera.”

 

 

“Look at you,” Minae grinned as Chanyeol stepped in the room, he had already changed into his custom made Armani tuxedo.

“You ditched PD Park today.” She joked.

“I need help with this one.” He said, his bow was askew, one of Minae’s stylists made her way towards him. Minae grinned as she noticed Chanyeol’s discomfort as the girl tried to fix his bow.

“It’s fine, unnie. I’ll do it. You guys can go now.” Minae said, the girl nodded, relieved. To most women, Chanyeol was intimidating not just because of his status, but also of his looks. Women felt conscious around him despite his sunny personality.

“Thank you for helping me tonight.” Minae said to them as the staff left, Chanyeol puffed his cheeks and pointed to his bow again.

“So, your mother called while I was being..fixed up.” She said jokingly as she fixed his bowtie, Chanyeol nodded for her to continue.

“She wants us, and by us, not just myself, to join them for lunch next week. And I said yes, for the both of us.” She said to him, she sent him a look as soon as he was about to protest.

“Yeol, you said you would try to fix things with your father.” She pointed out.

“I did. That’s why he has you at the company. That was me trying.” He replied.

“Chanyeol~”

“I mean, if I didn’t, I would hire you at SM. I need your brains at my company, but I let you join HanShin so that~”

“Yes, you married me to escape your father, well, in simpler terms.” She said dryly as she patted the lapels of his suit jacket, Chanyeol grinned at her.

“See, I did tell you that I was just going to use you, right?” He mused back at her as he reach to touch her curled hair.

“At least I’m earning money off of you, right?” She said dryly, Chanyeol chuckled.

“Which brings us to the topic, why the hell did you transfer shares to me, Park Chanyeol?” She asked him, he paused and slowly stepped away from her.

“Min~”

“You’re not supposed to do that, those are yours. You and your father may not talk to each other, but you are part of HanShin and why~”

“But you’re my wife.” He tried to reason.

“I know! But we don’t have that kind of relationship.” She said as she picked up her clutch and tossed it at him, Chanyeol smiled as he expertly caught it.

“Yeol, look, all we talked about is that I run the company for you, I take over your role so that your father would get off your back. You..You don’t have to do this for me, you’ve given me so much already.” She murmured as they stepped out of the house, Chanyeol draped her cape over shoulders.

“Minae, your..relatives will try to come for you again. We both know that.”

She paused, her forehead creased.

“And, I’m not always around to watch your back, I just wanted you to have leverage. And you being a major shareholder of ShinHan will help.”

“Yeol, I may be your wife, but..we both know we’re just…fake.” She murmured as the car pulled over before them, the driver went down to open the door for the couple.

“You’re trusting me too much. You can’t give everything to me.” She finished, her eyes were on him and Chanyeol knew she was serious.

“If you wont let me, then how can I protect you?”

“Loey~”

“Just let me do things for you, okay?”

 

 

“Sometimes, I think back to that drunken night and I doubt our decision.” Jinah said as Baekhyun placed his palm on her back.

“What?”

She jutted her lips towards Minae and Chanyeol, the two were standing together, Chanyeol had glued himself beside his wife, clearly, not comfortable attending parties like the one they were in now.

Minae was chatting with the two CEOs of KB Group with ease, while Chanyeol nodded along. He had one arm wrapped around his wife’s waist as he took small sips of his champagne.

“What drunken night?”

“It was..a few weeks after..the Minae incident, she was getting all better. And we all decided to head out to have some fun, that time Chanyeol just bought a dying SM Entertainment, remember? And his father got so mad at him and threatened to cut him off.”

“Ah, that?” Baekhyun shook his head.

“Minae wasn’t exactly feeling well, but she went with us. You all got so wasted, when suddenly Chanyeol blurted out.”

“I should marry Minae and have her take my role as firstborn.” Baekhyun mused, quoting his friend.

“We all laughed it off, I even said I would support them.” Jinah murmured.

“That was one crazy night, I thought he would forget about it. But it turned out he was serious.” Baekhyun murmured, he glanced at the two again.

“Do you think he did it because of that or he used that as an excuse?” Jinah asked as she pulled Baekhyun to their table.

“Excuse?” He repeated, a little confused.

“An excuse to have her close by.”

 

 

“Yes, thank you.” Minae said graciously as the elderly man congratulated her. Chanyeol stood beside her, he had a polite smile on his face.

“It’s nice to see you again, Chanyeol-ah. It’s been a while since I last saw you around.” The male said, he was a family friend of the Parks’.

“Yes, well, I have to be here to congratulate her.” Chanyeol chuckled, he tugged on her wrist briefly.

“We’ll go talk to our friends, uncle.” Minae caught his signal and excused themselves.

“They’re talking photos, how unnerving.” She mumbled, he grinned and just pulled the girl closer to him.

“All they want to talk about is business, how unnerving.” He added, Minae snorted and shook her head at him.

“However, congratulations, Mrs. Park. You deserve the recognition.” Chanyeol hummed as he stood in front of her.

“Is this the part where you ask me if we can go home already? Because, we can’t yet.” She gave him a playful pout as she straightened his tux.

“Niece, hello.”

Minae froze, her forehead creased as she recognized the voice. Chanyeol paused and he looked past the girl, a familiar middle-aged lady was standing behind her.

“Aren’t you going to say hi?” Her father’s younger sister spoke to her again, Minae exhaled and turned to the elder.

“I didn’t expect that I’d see you here, aunt.” She said formally, careful of her tone since people were watching them. She felt Chanyeol’s palm at the small of her back.

“Me too, I didn’t expect that they’d give you an award. Especially knowing how you got that position of yours.”

“Oh, I don’t mean your marriage. But your father.”

“Don’t do this here, auntie.” She murmured.

“I mean, people should know the truth, if it weren’t for your father, you wouldn’t be able to meet your husband. After all, he is the reason why you got to meet all your high society friends.” She hummed, taking advantage of the listening ears around them.

Minae looked away, she shook her head. Chanyeol chewed on his lower lip, he knew he shouldn’t in, Min asked him not to.

“In case people didn’t know,”

“Right, my wife, Minae is the late Jung Sookmin’s only daughter. Jung Oil Group’s previous CEO.” Chanyeol spoke up with a smile, his eyes went to Minae’s aunt briefly, the lady look stunned that he spoke up.

“Yeol.” Minae whispered.

“Well, since our marriage has been a topic of discussion lately, this is her background. My wife is part of Jung Oil Group, but,” He started to shake his head, Jung Eunhye’s widened.

“Her family has never been very welcoming to her, that’s why I asked her to stay away from them.”

“Excuse me, Chanyeol, what are you~”

Chanyeol ignored the lady and continued to speak, he caught Jinah’s eyes in the crowd, the girl gave him a thumbs up.

“I don’t know if your daughter got my message,” He said in a low voice as he walked towards the lady.

“Minae may have the patience to put up with you, but if you keep on bothering my wife,”

 

“She wont be able to stop me from coming after you and your company.”

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++