012

Loey's Wife

December, Year 20XX

 

 

Jinah looked up from their table, she frowned as soon as she saw Minae walking in. She had her backpack hanging over one shoulder as she made her way to queue for lunch.

“How is she?” She asked, Jongdae followed her gaze and exhaled.

“I offered that she could stay in my place for the time being, but she said that she’s fine. But I worry about her, she lost so much weight and she’s..so…I don’t know, she’s so unlike herself.”

Baekhyun looked up from her bowl of ramen and glanced at Minae.

“She refuses to receive treatment too; I don’t know what to do.” She murmured, Baekhyun noticed Chanyeol walking the cafeteria with a bunch of his classmates. He saw how the tall male paused as soon as he spotted Minae in the crowd, and then he excused himself.

“Chanyeol got in an another fight with his father again.” He announced, Jinah and Jongdae turned to him.

“He bought this dying entertainment company, his father found out about it. They..Well, it was a big fight. He got cut off.”

“What? When did he buy a company?” Jinah was confused, she saw Chanyeol approach Minae, he was chatting animatedly while the girl was just nodding along, not minding how he had one hand on her shoulder.

Chanyeol was the only member of the opposite who could touch her. She never talked about it with her, but ever since the incident, Minae has been having a difficult time around males. Even Jongdae and Baekhyun tried to keep a distance when they hung out.

“A few days ago, I don’t know what to do with him. But he says things will work out.” Baekhyun jutted his lips towards the two, Chanyeol was carrying Minae’s backpack on his other shoulder as they got their food.

“It’s kind of tragic, but seeing those two..they suit each other, don’t they?” Jinah said with a small sad smile.

“Chanyeol should just marry Minae, have her run ShinHan. And then he gets to do music.” Jongdae said lightly, the two blinked and slowly looked at him.

“What?” He looked at the two, confused.

“You’re..kind of right. But that’s a crazy idea. Don’t suggest it to him. Ever.”

 

 

Minae looked at her laptop’s screen, her mother was trying to video call her. She pressed her forehead against the table and shook her head.

She stood up from her seat and shut the laptop close, she walked back towards her room to get her notes. She paused when she saw a bunch of men’s clothes on the hamper.

She smiled to herself, Chanyeol, Baekhyun and Jongdae have been stopping by frequently just to check on her, and sometimes, they left their jackets or sweaters.

She was about to lean over to pick them up when her phone suddenly started to ring.

It was Jinah.

“Hey,” She answered.

“Where are you, babe?”

“At home. Why?”

“Ya, you better be here in ten!” Jinah said cheerfully, Min sighed, judging from the noise in the background, her friend was in a club of some sort.

“Jinah, I can’t~”

“Come on, I’ll ask for Chanyeol to wait for you outside.”

“Jinah~”

“Min, school’s over. You don’t have a reason not to be here and have fun with us. Don’t worry, I’ll make sure no one bothers you here.”

Minae exhaled, giving up.

“I’ll just change and head over there.”

 

 

“Okay, I’ll be there.” Chanyeol had his phone wedged between his shoulder and ear as he lifted the box in his arms, he slowly kicked the door open and he made his way towards the staircase.

“Just please, don’t make her dance, okay?” He murmured before ending the call, he was about to reach the last step when he heard the double doors open. Chanyeol exhaled and looked away.

“Son,” His mother was the first one to see him, Chanyeol gave her a small nod.

“Look, you still have the guts to show your face here.” His father spat as he walked in the foyer.

“I was just here to get my things, don’t worry, I’m not staying over.” Chanyeol said as he picked up his backpack and other luggage, Mrs. Park looked on worriedly.

“I don’t expect you to, although, I do expect seeing you on the streets after you bought that piece of trash of a company.”

Chanyeol paused, his jaw twitched and he met his father’s gaze.

“Well, you were never the type to respect others, abeoji. I wasn’t expecting any less from you.” He spat. His father paused, he smirked.

“Tell me honestly, huh, what have you done for this family? We raised you, gave you everything you wanted, and you can’t even help us out.”

Chanyeol was about to speak, but his father cut him off again.

“You don’t even have a proper girlfriend, when will you get married? At least marry someone useful to us! You keep on dating around, hanging out with your friends and~”

And then Chanyeol saw it.

A way out. An escape from his father’s claws.

It was greedy, but in a way it would protect not just him, but her too.

“I already have a fiancé, and you will never meet her, abeoji.” He spat, Chanyeol heard his mother gasp and he walked out of the house.

 

 

Minae slid down from the cab and straightened the blouse she was wearing underneath her leather jacket.

“Min,”

She looked up and saw Chanyeol waiting for her by the club’s entrance, she grinned as she took his outstretched hand.

“Did you wait long? Sorry, traffic was bad.”

“No, no. Let’s go inside.” He said to her, she let him guide her into the establishment and she saw their friends already in their booth.

“Hi, princess.” Baekhyun winked at her, Jongdae chuckled and made room for the two.

“We ordered you your favorite,” Jinah said as she pushed a tall glass of yellow liquid towards her.

“Mango slushie.”

Minae nodded and picked it up, she heard Chanyeol sigh and lean back on the seat beside her. She glanced at him, her forehead creasing.

“What’s wrong?” She nudged him, his eyes went to her briefly and he shook his head.

“Yeol,” She frowned at him, Chanyeol just picked up his drink and took it all in one go. Jongdae paused and his brows shot up.

“It’s okay, Min. I’m okay.” Chanyeol said as he refilled his glass again.

“What’s this?” Minae turned to Baekhyun, Jinah glanced at their friend.

“His father?” Minae asked, Baekhyun nodded.

“Because he bought SM Entertainment?” She whispered, Baekhyun pushed the plate of chips towards her.

“Ye, he…well, his father cut him off. It was…terrible, Minae. He’s been getting himself drunk a lot lately. Keep him sane, will you?”

Minae chewed on her lower lip, she glanced at Chanyeol again.

“What he meant was that, you don’t have to…well, exert so much effort, we all know what you went through was nothing compared to what he’s going through now, but..” Jinah tried to explain.

“I’d do anything to help Chanyeol, Jinah. He’s done so much for me, and, I’m fine now.”

 

 

“Oh my god, how could we forget that he’s heavier than us.” Baekhyun complained as they headed out of the club, he and Jongdae were trying to support their tall friend who was wobbling terribly.

Minae and Jinah followed them, both a little amused at how tipsy Chanyeol was and how he was humming different songs at the same time.

“Where should we take him? Your place?” Jinah asked her boyfriend.

“My parents would flip the moment they see him this drunk, how about~”

“Let’s all hang out at my place, just like the old times.” Minae suggested, they paused and then smiled.

“That’s a great idea, Min.” Jongdae said, they were about to move when they noticed the elderly couple making their way towards them. They had three bodyguards following closely behind them.

“U-uncle, auntie,” Baekhyun straightened up, Jinah winced and looked away. Jongdae puffed his cheeks before greeting the elders politely.

“I see our son is being a problem again.” Mr. Park spoke, Minae met eyes with him and he paused, recognizing the intern from his company.

“Intern Jung,” He said to her, Minae gave him a polite bow.

“We were just about to~”

Chanyeol suddenly looked up, he straightened himself and detached himself from his friends. Baekhyun and Jongdae panicked.

“Wow, you would really follow me up to here? Didn’t you kick me out of the house?” He laughed loudly, Minae looked on, not knowing what to do.

“You said you would never let us meet your fiancé, so we personally traced you so we would at least know what she looks like.” His father said, sure that his son was just bluffing.

“Fiancé?” Jinah blurted out, stunned. Minae looked around, people were already staring at their group.

“Ah, why? You want to torture her too? Trap her into running the company for you?” He cackled, but Baekhyun could see that Chanyeol was thinking straight.

“Chanyeol-ah,” His mother tried to reach for him, but he moved back and glanced behind him.

“You shouldn’t be behaving this way, abeoji. Especially when she can hear you right now, you might scare her away.” He stated, Jongdae grew confused.

“Stop joking around, someone like you, no woman would~”

“She’s right here,” Chanyeol stretched his hand towards Minae and he tugged her towards his side. Minae’s eyes grew wide as saucers as she was faced to the Park elders.

 

“My fiancé, Jung Minae.”

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++