020

Loey's Wife

“Step on it.” Chanyeol said flatly as he took out his phone, his phone just pinged twice, notifying him of an email.

“Yes, sir.” The driver replied as the Audi sedan zoomed past the other vehicles.

Chanyeol waited as the email opened and he let the video load.

“Minae?” He spoke, the driver glanced at the mirror before speaking.

“Samonim is still in the building, for now her secretary has postponed some of her meetings.”

Chanyeol nodded back and played the video, it was footage from ShinHan’s security cameras. His forehead creased as soon as he recognized Aera appear on the screen.

“Spying on us now, huh? The money we’ve been sending you from before wasn’t enough? Come on, you already finished school, you managed to bag a rich husband, what more do you want?”

“Let’s talk about this inside~”

“No, I want your people to hear what kind of woman you are. You, you managed to lure Chanyeol with your~”

“Don’t you dare drag Chanyeol into this.”

“You dragged him into this, Minae-yah. You started this. How dare you do this to us? Spying on us? Having someone poke on private details about Jung Oil Group, you really are something, you .”

The venom in Aera’s words made the driver pause briefly, shocked. Chanyeol exhaled and pinched the bridge of his nose.

“You can never really be satisfied, huh? You already have all this,”

“Now you want to touch us? You’re not even part of our family, you never were!”

“Why can’t you just die, Minae? Why didn’t you just~”

Chanyeol tossed his phone on the backseat and cursed under his breath.

 

 

Minae’s secretary watched as the male blocked Aera’s view of the girl.

“Mind your own business!” Aera hissed at the man, but he rolled his eyes at her.

“I am. I have business with her.”

“Who are you? Her assistant? Get lost!” Aera tried to push him back, but security arrived and surrounded her before she could move.

“Would you look at this. Jung Minae has an army at her own command!” She laughed humorlessly. Jin looked at the girl, he could see tears rolling down her cheeks.

“Minae-ssi,” Jin tried to reach for her arm, but the girl stepped back, she hit the wall lightly.

“ her out.” Minae’s secretary moved towards his boss, he paused as he looked at the GM Daewoo executive.

“Minae-ssi, are you alright?” His hand was on her shoulder, Minae flinched slightly.

“Sir, the vice~”

“What the hell is going on here?” A voice boomed, and the other employees froze. Before anyone could speak, Jin felt someone grabbing him by the shoulder and pulling him back. He turned and recognized the familiar face, but it wasn’t looking at him.

"Perfect timing, Park Chanyeol, you~" Aera hollered as she was being escorted away from them.

" her out of the building!" Chanyeol snapped without removing his eyes from Minae.

“Min,” Chanyeol spoke, Min was looking down, her forehead furrowed deeply.

“Chanyeol..I..she came over, I don’t know what was going on and..” She choked, the male shook his head, his eyes scanned their surroundings. Chanyeol looked at the girl, waiting for her to touch him first. And then Minae let out a shaky breath before placing her hand on his.

Jin looked away and chewed on his lower lip.

“I know, I’ll explain later.” He said in a low tone before bringing her palm to his lips, he kissed it and gave her a reassuring smile.

“You know?” Minae looked up to meet his gaze, he gave her a small nod as he opened his arms to the girl. And then her eyes traveled to the other male. Minae smiled, letting him wrap his arms around her briefly.

“Seokjin-ssi, I’m sorry.” She blurted out as she untangled herself from her husband, the male looked at her and smiled.

“I was worried she’d really attack you.” He explained, Chanyeol looked at him, his brows went up briefly.

“Chanyeol, this is director Kim Seokjin from GM Daewoo, Seokjin-ssi, this is my husband, Chanyeol.” She said quickly, still a little shaken.

“Nice to meet you.” Chanyeol offered his hand to the male, the latter smiled and shook it.

“I was supposed to have a meeting with you, but I’m guessing it’s moved?” He asked amicably, Chanyeol looked at her before speaking.

“You will have to reschedule, director.” He said, Jin saw Minae reach for the male’s hand and she gave it a small squeeze.

“I’ll keep in touch then.” He said before excusing himself and walking away from the two, Minae’s secretary puffed his cheeks and looked at Chanyeol.

“Chanyeol, she~”

“I know, I heard everything.” He said as they walked towards the elevator.

“What are you~”

Chanyeol exhaled, he leaned down to press his lips against hers briefly, Minae blinked at him.

“There’s something you need to know.”

 

 

Jin walked in his office, he sat down on his seat and looked at his friend.

“I heard your meeting with your crush got rescheduled? Why? Did the husband arrive?” Jungkook asked jokingly.

“No, I..witnessed something..odd.”

Jungkook looked at the older male, he set down the magazine he was holding.

“What?”

“This lady, I heard people say she was her cousin. She was there, and she started…harassing her. Cursing her. Telling her that..she isn’t part of the family anymore. And that she was spying on them.”

“Cousin? Then, her Jung Oil Group family?”

“Must be.” Jin shrugged, he leaned back from his seat.

“I mean, I get the whole, the company is ours, don’t touch it. The usual drama.” Jin said, Jungkook grinned and shook his head.

“But, what’s…really disturbing that she asked her to die, Jungkook. That was..intense.”

“Hyung, that’s some real family drama over there. What were you doing?” Jungkook chided him.

“I was afraid that the said cousin might really attack her, so I stepped in.”

“Are they fighting over money? I mean, it is a big company.” Jungkook spoke again, Jin shrugged and shook his head.

“I heard about her sour relationship with them, but I didn’t know it was that bad.”

“Well, good for you, you helped her out. I guess.”

“And her husband arrived.”

“Now, you got reminded that she’s married. Good for you.” Jungkook said lightly, Jin smiled and nodded.

“But, it still seems so…scripted. I just can’t pinpoint it.”

“And there he goes again.” Jungkook rolled his eyes before going back to the magazine.

 

 

Chanyeol was still holding onto her hand, his thumb grazing over her wrist. Minae smiled at his gesture.

“Chanyeol, it’s fine. I’m okay.” She said as they stepped in her office, she noticed how his forehead crumpled.

“You saw the footage then?”

“I had it sent to me on my way here.” He stated, his tone sharper than intended.

“I’m really okay, Chanyeol.” She said, trying to take her hand back, he sighed and dropped it.

“What do you want to talk about?” She asked as she sat down on one of the sofas, she patted on the empty space beside her.

“A few months ago…I had some of my people check on things for me.” He said as he sat down beside her, Minae nodded.

Chanyeol scratched the back of his head, a sign that meant he was hesitating.

“Chanyeol, what is it?” Minae asked, her tone soft and careful. He looked at her, he exhaled before continuing.

“I had some people check on this.” He placed an envelope on her lap, Minae smiled, she tried to lighten up his mood by inching closer to him and leaned against his arm.

“What is~” She halted as soon as she noticed the logo on the top of the documents.

“Chanyeol, I don’t~”

“Please. Read them.” Chanyeol said, she sighed and took the documents out and then she halted.

She quickly went through the papers, still confused and then she dropped them.

“I checked on it, twice. It’s real.” He said, MInae faced him, her eyes wide.

“H—How did you…How did you think of checking on this?” She asked him, she briefly leaned forward to brush his hair away from his forehead.

“You know how some corporations are supposed to have some of their documents or basic permits be available to the public, right?” He asked as he pulled her closer to him.

“Yeah, we do that here.”

“Well, these weren’t available for the public. So, I..well, I check on it.”

“Min, I know you don’t want to hear this. But you might want to check on your grandfather, what if they’re just lying to you? And, the whole story about him not wanting to see you and kicking you out isn’t true?” He leaned forward, he couldn’t help but reach for her wrist again, his forehead creasing.

“Chanyeol, don’t start this.”

“It says there that you own over thirty percent of the company, Min, you are a bigger shareholder than both of your aunts combined.”

Minae exhaled and shook her head, Chanyeol looked at her and he bit on his lower lip.

“Min,”

“Can..we drop this?” She asked as she reached over to cup his cheek.

“I mean, thank you for doing this. If not for you, I would never..have known, but…I don’t want anymore trouble, Chanyeol. I’m happy where I am now. And that’s all I need.”

Chanyeol nodded, leaning his cheek on her palm.

“Let’s drop this, alright?”

Chanyeol nodded, he just took hold of her hand, the one cupping her cheek and he kissed her wrist twice.

 

“Okay.”

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++