038

Loey's Wife

Minae’s forehead furrowed, she felt a little too warm. She opened her eyes and tried to adjust in the darkness, she grew disoriented before realizing she wasn’t at their home.

She looked at the pressing weight across her chest and found the culprit as to why she felt warm. Chanyeol had his head right on top of her chest, there was nothing ual about his position, he just had his nose buried into the fabric of her shirt and his other arm was wrapped around her. Her brows rose, looking back, every time they had to share a room he always does end up doing this.

She smiled and ran her fingers through his hair, Chanyeol moved, she halted. But he simply just pressed his nose into the shirt she was wearing, as if breathing in her scent and then he relaxed.

Minae gently loosened his hold on her, and inserted a pillow in his arms before stepping out of the room. She puffed her cheeks and tied her hair up as soon as she reached the last step of the stairs, she looked around the dimly lit house, memories started flooding in her head.

“If you let me, I can give you everything.”

She paused, and crossed her arms. It didn’t sound right. Was he trying to tell her something? Her fingers went to her lips briefly. Was he just acting?

“You keep on leaving, how am I supposed to sleep now?”

She turned, Chanyeol was rubbing his eyes as he padded after her, his voice was still husky from sleep and it was then Min realized that he was topless.

“It must be because it’s a new environment, I can’t sleep well. Sorry for waking you.” She offered, Chanyeol’s lips curled up and shook his head at her. He looked around them before leaning against the doorframe of the living room.

“This place is just…it brings back so many memories, my brain can’t keep up.” She murmured as she wrapped her arms around herself.

“You’re not asking me anything.” He spoke, her eyes went to him, Minae’s eyebrows knitted together.

“Chanyeol, I~”

He walked towards her and gently took her hand in his left one, she blinked at him.

“I mean it. Everything.” He said as he met her gaze evenly, Minae looked at his fingers, her eyes went to his LOEY tattoo and she traced it using her thumb. Chanyeol was looking at her as she examined the tattoo on the other side of his middle finger, it was the characters of her Chinese name.

“You always said that getting your name inked on me was too much and that I would regret it.” He spoke, Minae looked at him.

“I don’t.” He finished and shrugged at her.

“You scare me. You have no idea how much I want to run away from you.” Minae murmured as she laced her fingers with his.

“I don’t want you to, Min. Stay.”

Minae looked up to meet his gaze, Chanyeol had a small smile on his face as he cupped her cheek with his free hand.

“I love you, Jung Minae.”

 

 

“Halbae, good morning.” Minae smiled as the elder joined her in the dining room, he chuckled, seeing her all dressed up.

“I almost forgot again.”

“What?” Min asked as she took her seat right beside him and poured him a cup of tea and coffee for herself.

“That you aren’t a student anymore and that you already have a husband.”

Minae paused, but she nodded along. She asked the nurse to help him with his rice and bacon.

“Right, I don’t see the young man.”

“Chanyeol had to leave earlier, he sends his apologies, he has to be early for work today. Something about a meeting with an artist.” Minae said, she puffed her cheeks and shook her head to herself.

To be honest, she had no idea what was happening. After Chanyeol asked her to stay and dropped those three words last night, her mind simply went blank. Then, he simply just kissed her good night before going back to bed. And, she woke up to him dressing up for work, he bid her goodbye before leaving.

“You married an artist, how intriguing, pretty one.”

“Yes?”

“I’m just amazed, Minae. He balances out who you are, you’ve always been serious with a lot of things, and mister Park doesn’t seem to be like that.”

“You’re quite..right, halbae. He’s always been the playful one.” She trailed off, the elder chuckled.

“Of course, I’m right. He’s exactly what you need. I’m glad you married well, granddaughter.”

Minae looked at him, she smiled.

“I..I’m glad too, halbae.” She said before finishing her coffee, and then she looked up when she heard her secretary walk in the room.

“What is it?”

“Vice president,” He said, there was an urgency in his tone that worried her. She stood up and walked towards the male, and then she paused as soon as she saw what he was holding onto. Printouts from various gossip sites and some newspapers.

“What shall we do, ma’am?”

“We leave for SM in five. Prepare the car.”

 

 

Chanyeol could only stare as more reporters gathered at the company’s doors, he was in his office standing by the glass windows.

“Sir,”

He glanced at his secretary.

“Go ahead.”

“We are still trying to trace the source of those photos, they were taken at our building.”

“I know. I remember that night. I drover her home. Just that.” He buried his hands in his jean pockets, he exhaled and looked at his phone again. He wanted to call her, but he was afraid.

Min would not like this. She would be angry.

“Shall I call the samonim’s office?”

He turned his head to the windows again as he heard loud noises from the reporters, he immediately recognized Min’s Mercedes Benz, he jogged out of his office and went straight for the elevators. It took him a few minutes to get to the lobby, he stepped out of the doors despite his security’s protests and paused as he realized that Minae was answering questions.

“I simply do not understand how this is blowing up.” She said calmly, Chanyeol stood still behind her.

“Her boss simply drove her home because her car probably broke down or she wasn’t feeling well enough to drive. How does that mean that my husband’s cheating on me?” She said.

“But, you aren’t worried? Not even a single drop of doubt?” A reporter pressed, Minae simply shook her head.

“I’d offer my secretary a ride too if his car broke down.”

“Samonim, there’s always been rumors about your marriage, just right after you took over Jung Oil Group, people say that this meant mister Park was free.”

Chanyeol tensed, he placed one hand on her back, Minae paused.

“They think that the rumors were right. That you two got married for political reasons, well for him it was so that he could run SM Entertainment and for you, so you could stake claim on your father’s~”

“That’s just preposterous.” Chanyeol spoke up, all eyes went to him.

“It took us years to get to where we are now, and you think I would destroy all over someone who works for me?” He said, the crowd turned quiet.

“I don’t care what you want to believe, but my wife has always been my number one priority. That’s all.” Chanyeol gave them a small bow before tugging Min with him and pulling her into safety.

 

 

“Min,”

“I know. Let’s fix this.” She said as the elevator doors closed before them. Chanyeol noticed that she took out her phone, her brows furrowed as she put it on silent mode, he also didn’t miss the many missed calls flashing on the screen.

“Min, I’m sorry.”

“It’s not your fault, Loey.” She met his gaze, Chanyeol sighed and shook his head.

“Myabe it was wrong for me, I should have called a cab for her instead, or a company driver.”

The doors opened again, Minae looked at him and tilted her head as they stepped out.

“Well, you should have.”

Chanyeol just took her hand in his, Minae exhaled, her forehead creasing.

“They’re going to use this against you.” Chanyeol said softly, Minae nodded back.

“I know. We can deal with that later, but right now, I don’t like how they’re painting this picture of you, Chanyeol. You weren’t technically cheating on me.” She murmured as they reached his office.

Chanyeol paused, confused.

“What?”

Minae pushed the doors opened and she halted, Haneul and her manager were already waiting inside, her head turned to her husband.

“President,” Haneul had a frown on her face as she walked towards him.

“Show them out.” Minae turned her head to Chanyeol’s secretary, she brushed past the girl and made her way towards her husband’s desk.

“Yes, samonim?” The man was confused, Chanyeol had his eyes on her.

“Show them out. Do you think it’s really smart for her to be here?” She asked, Haneul eyed her.

“Samonim, I know how this looks like, but let me explain~”

“Must I say it again?” Minae’s eyes went to the male again, he quickly escorted the actress and her manager out of the room.

Chanyeol looked at her, Minae exhaled and leaned back on his desk.

“I know you want to talk about this first,” He said as he approached her, sensing her discomfort.

“What? Your scandal? Or how brazen that actress is?” She asked, her tone a little sharper than intended, Chanyeol’s lips quirked up.

“You don’t like her.”

“Must I?”

“No, it doesn’t really matter. She doesn’t really matter.” Chanyeol said carefully, Minae looked at him, her forehead creasing.

“You complain when I leave you alone in the room, and yet you do the same.” She said, he paused, and then he tucked her hair behind her ear.

“I thought you needed some space.”

“I would have run out if I needed space, Yeol, you were never the type to tie me down.” She murmured as she pressed her cheek against his palm.

“Being with me might tie you down, Min. With this scandal, I can’t exactly be of any help to you.” He said, choking on his words.

“You’ve always been there for me, helping me, hell, you even saved me from myself, Chanyeol.” She felt tears roll down her cheeks.

“I almost killed myself, and if you hadn’t walked in that door, there would be no Minae. No Mrs. Park, no Mrs. Loey. I would never even find out that my halbae still yearns for me.” She breathed, Chanyeol looked away.

“I owe you so much.”

“Exactly, I don’t want you to stay with me because you think that you have to repay me, Min. I don’t want to force myself~”

“You’re not.” She sniffed, Chanyeol dropped his hand to his side.

“Let me help you, you taught me how to be strong, Chanyeol. You don’t even know how many times you saved me.” She let out a shaky breath.

“I just..hate seeing people attack you like this. Not you. Just not you.” She continued, Chanyeol bit his lip.

“Jung Minae, you~”

“It’s Park. Park Minae.”

Chanyeol could only stare at her, a small smile appeared on her lips as she reached up to cup both of his cheeks.

“I’d choose you over expensive flowers, Park Chanyeol. You know that.” She said with a playful chuckle before tugging on his necktie so that she could kiss him.

 

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++