039

Loey's Wife

 

Minae leaned back on the chair, she was staring at the photos before her.

“This is downstairs. Basement, right?” 

Chanyeol was on the phone with someone from their PR team, they were thinking of ways to divert attention from the scandal.

“Yes, samonim.”

“Tell me,” She asked as she looked at the secretary.

“Does she even have any projects? How much does she make for SM?”

“Samonim,”

“I mean, we have to look at this in a financial~”

“Min,” Chanyeol was done with his call, Minae rolled her eyes at her husband’s secretary, the latter grinned to himself.

“How was it?” She asked as she stood up from his chair.

“I’ll continue tracing those photos, sir.” The other male said and left the room. Chanyeol sat down on his seat, Min was about to head for the sofa, he caught her arms and tugged her to his lap.

“I’m really sorry about this, Min. I didn’t know....No, I wasn’t careful.” He murmured as he wrapped his arms around her.

“This is probably the world getting back at me for calling out Aera’s fake~”

“Don’t.” Chanyeol grimaced, she chuckled before turning her head to meet his gaze.

“Do you need me to stay around here? Because I can.”

“Is that your way of saying that you’re needed at work?”

She chuckled and kissed his cheek before standing up.

“No, it’s your parents.”

Chanyeol groaned and leaned back on his chair.

“I can go alone, don’t worry. They probably just want to hear an expla~”

“No, no. I’ll go with you. I’ll arrange lunch.” He sat up and picked up his phone, Min blinked at him.

“Really? With your parents?”

“Let me handle this, you’ve been taking care of them for too long now.” 

“Loey, it’s really fine. I can talk to them.” Min leaned against his desk, her eyes on him.

“No, I’ll explain to them. It’s time I do that.” Chanyeol smiled before lacing his fingers with hers.

 

 

Min drummed her fingers on her lap, she looked at her father-in-law, and then the rest of the BOD of ShinHan.

“You can start explaining now, vice president.” Mr. Park spoke, he glanced over at his son briefly. Earlier, when Chanyeol entered the room, everyone was stunned to see the president’s only son walk in. It was probably his first appearance at a board meeting since he was in high school.

“With regards to Chanyeol’s issue, it’s all false. He simply offered to drive her home because her car broke down.” She spoke, Chanyeol leaned back on his seat, fidgety.

“How will you fix the rumors going around? People think that you and the young master planned all this.” One director spoke, Mr. Park turned to his daughter-in-law.

“It’s all just~”

“Publicity, yes?” The man asked, his tone sharper than intended. Chanyeol looked up, his jaw twitched.

“If you look at it, it is quite hard not to see it that way. You two got married at a young age, and young master Park handed everything to you. And now you take over your family’s~”

“Wait a minute,” Chanyeol spoke, his tone was calm but his eyes told a different story.

“Why are you interrogating her? Who gave you the right to?” Chanyeol leaned forward,  his brows were knitted together.

“Young master, with due respect but we have to look at this in every~”

“Are you doubting her? After all she’s done for this company? And, you think I would let you talk to her that way?”

The room turned quiet, Mr. Park looked at his son, trying to gauge his reaction.

“It’s not like that, we’re just making sure that the company~”

“You don’t have to worry about the company, my wife will be taking some time off.” Chanyeol spoke, Minae paused, she turned to him.

“The rumors should be targeting me, but you seem to want to pin it on her, so, I’ll take over in her place.” 

Mr. Park almost fell off his chair, Minae could only stare at him. Did that mean she was to take over SM Entertainment now? She couldn’t even differentiate Eunhyuk and Leeteuk.

“T—Take over?”

Chanyeol nodded and crossed his arms.

“I’ll clear up everything by tonight, I start tomorrow. Does anyone have something else to say?” He looked around them, meeting every director’s gaze evenly.

Minae chewed on her lower lip.

“Good, then this meeting’s done. Thank you.” Chanyeol quipped, he stood up and straightened his coat.

Minae was confused, the other directors also stood up, all were looking at the Park heir with anticipation.

“Min?”

Minae felt his hand on her shoulder, she looked before leaving her seat, she gave Mr. Park a polite bow before letting Chanyeol pull her out of the room.

 

 

Min had her laptop on her lap as she checked her emails, her inbox was blowing up ever since news of Chanyeol taking over came out. She shook her head before setting her laptop away. They had decided to come home early, Chanyeol had gone straight into his room as soon as they got in the house.

“Is he thinking straight?” Min murmured under her breath, she was about to slide down the bed when she heard the door open.

“Hey there,” Chanyeol was freshly showered and was dressed in a pair black sweatpants and a blue muscle top.

“I want to ask, but it’s your company too, so I won’t.” She said playfully as he plopped down beside her, Chanyeol huffed and pulled her to him, he buried his nose into the fabric of her shirt. Min grew amused and looked down, she touched his damp hair briefly before reaching for her phone.

“You didn’t have to do that, Loey. I can fix this.” She said, Chanyeol sat up, Minae grew amused, he really did take up so much space.

“You think I don’t know? You’ve been sleeping less ever since Jung Oil Group, juggling your work for ShinHan at the same time running another company isn’t good for you.”

“Well, I wasn’t~”

“I know, I’m not saying you’re not capable of handling all that, but you’re my wife and I should help you. And, ShinHan is my responsibility too.” He murmured before pulling the girl to his chest.

“But you hate being there. I mean, you married me for the sole reason of not~”

Chanyeol shushed her, she scrunched her nose at him.

“I’d rather have you well-rested, Min. Besides, now are offices are nearer.”

“What happens to SM now?” She asked him as she traced the tattoo on his forearm, Chanyeol smiled and kissed the top of her head.

“SM will be fine, Min.”

“I still don’t like this. You don’t have to do this for me.” She murmured as she turned her head so that she could meet his gaze.

“I want to do this for you.” He said evenly before pressing his lips against hers, Minae smiled against his lips as Chanyeol nudged his nose with hers.

“What happens to the Loey image?” She asked, pulling away from her.

“You still have songs to finish and other projects to start.” Her forehead creased, Chanyeol smiled and cupped her cheek.

“I don’t need all that.”

“What?”

“I’m giving it all up for you. So, stay with me, alright?” He said with a small pouty smile, Minae smiled and shook her head.

“I’ll think about it.” She said jokingly wrapping her arms around his neck and kissing his jaw.

“But, what Loey wants, Loey gets.”

 

 

“Where are you?” Chanyeol spoke as he fixed his tie, Miinae had left early for work. There was an emergency meeting for Jung Oil Group.

“I had to stop by for some coffee, are you still at home?” 

Chanyeol picked up his phone from the dresser and strapped on his Rolex, he put his coat on before speaking.

“I’m on my way out. Will I see you at the office later?” He asked, his voice a little hopeful.

“Yes, I’ll be there as soon as I’m done. Good luck, Loey.”

"Love you." He smiled before ending the call, Chanyeol padded down the stairs and exited the house. He made his way to his Mercedes Benz and slid inside the vehicle, he was about to start the engine when his phone rang.

“President, we finally found the source.” It was his secretary.

“Which site?”

“it’s a person, sir.”

Chanyeol stepped on the gas and drove out of the garage.

“Who? Min’s aunt?”

“No, it’s Kim Seokjin. The GM Daewoo young master.”

Chanyeol’s grip on the wheel tightened, he sped out of the property, he exhaled before speaking again.

“And I heard he wants to meet up with the samonim today, he’s~”

Chanyeol ended the call and headed straight for Min’s new office. It took him a good fifteen minutes before he reached the building. He slammed on the breaks and slid down from the vehicle. He saw Minae walking in the lobby, she had a coffee in one hand and on the other was her purse. 

“Sir,” One of the valets recognized him, he got past the doors and saw a familiar male approaching his wife. His fists curled tightly, Minae was looking at Jin, wide-eyed and confused.

“I just really need to talk to you, Jung Minae-ssi.” Jin was blocking her path and that just fueled the husband’s anger.

He could hear him talking, Chanyeol clenched and unclenched his jaw, he was already walking towards them.

Park Chanyeol was seeing red.

“President,” Min’s secretary saw him first and he grew alarmed as he saw the expression on the male's face, Minae turned her head and she let out a small sigh of relief as soon as she saw him.

“You.” Chanyeol said before grabbing the male by the collar, before Jin could react, the Park heir's fist struck his nose with an impact that made him drop to the tiled floor.

“You piece of .”

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++