007

Loey's Wife

“What do you think?” Minae turned around to face Chanyeol, they had been in the shop for almost an hour.

“Don’t you want to wear the ones with…poofy skirts? This is too…” Chanyeol trailed off, not knowing how to continue.

“Spit it out, Chanyeol. You don’t like bodycon dresses.”

“I mean~”

“Or I look bad in them.” She blinked as she turned to check her reflection, Chanyeol smiled, he stood up and walked towards her.

“No. You look great, Min.” He said as he stepped up the platform to stand beside her, the two lady sales associates smiled at each other.

“Poofy skirts?” She eyed him warily as she tugged on the cloth around her waist, she was wearing a nice baby pink Dior gown that hugged her curves nicely.

“That doesn’t make you uncomfortable?” He asked as he gestured to his chest, Minae checked her neckline, she grinned at him.

“You don’t like the neckline?”

“It shows too much.” He murmured as he tried to cover her chest with his palms, but still careful not to touch her. She laughed and shook her head at him.

“But if you want to wear it, I have no objections.” Chanyeol nodded quickly, he stood behind her and smiled as he checked her reflection again.

“I’ll have the neckline area altered.” She said as she reached out to pat his cheek, Chanyeol grinned as he leaned his chin on her shoulder and gave her a waist slight squeeze before pulling away.

“I’ll go reserve us a table for lunch.”

“Okay, I’ll meet you there.” She nodded, Chanyeol gave her a wave before leaving the dressing room, Minae looked at her reflection again.

“You two really are the perfect couple, samonim.” One of the ladies spoke as they helped Minae out of the dress, the girl smiled and nodded.

“Well, we do get along.” She replied as she fixed her hair.

“Yes, it’s like you two were made for each other.”

 

 

“It’s not it, I mean, it is a little busy this time of the year. But I’m okay.” Minae said as their food was being served.

“Still, you’re not a corporate slave, wifey.” Chanyeol cooed as he sliced her steak for her.

“Chanyeol, it’s not like I’m dying. We’re even shopping on a Wednesday.”

He chuckled and handed his plate back to her, Minae picked up her spoon.

“Did you see the articles?” Chanyeol asked carefully, she looked up from her plate and nodded.

“I don’t know why I got their attention again, it’s probably that award thing.” She murmured, her forehead creased briefly.

“I’ll look into it.”

“Don’t.” Minae spoke, Chanyeol paused, he looked at her.

“It’s probably just some blogger who wants clout, Yeol. I mean, everyone knows I’m married to you. And you being, Park PD, therefore, it will gather more attention.”

“What if that’s not the case?”

“It’s fine, they’re just using for attention, don’t bother with them, okay?” Minae nudged her shoe against his.

“Fine. You’ve always been kind with them.” He grumbled back, she chuckled.

“Do you want me to join you at work this afternoon? I haven’t been inside the company in a while.”

“Is that okay?” He asked her, surprised. Usually, Minae never had the time to drop by at SM, her schedule wouldn’t permit her to.

“We have to keep our act together, we don’t want to get caught, right?” She joked as she started to eat, Chanyeol scrunched his nose at her.

“Min?”

“Hmm?” She looked at him again, she frowned before picking up a napkin and leaned over to wipe the gravy off the side of his lips.

“If..they attack you again..”

Minae paused, she set her hand down and exhaled.

“Will..you let me take care of it?” He asked her, his eyes meeting hers.

“You took care of me when no one was there, Yeollie. You don’t need to do this for me.” Minae said softly.

“I want to.”

Minae paused but she nodded back.

“Okay. What Loey wants, Loey gets.” She chuckled before stretching her fist towards him.

“No limits for you, Jung Minae.” He smiled and bumped fists with her.

 

 

“We attend every year, and it’s always just a bunch of mothers and their single daughters.” Jinah said with a roll of her eyes, Minae chuckled and swiveled the chair around. She was inside Chanyeol’s office, and Jinah had video called her, asking for some advice on what to wear.

“I mean, lucky you, Chanyeol isn’t required to go every year, it’s only now that you have no choice since they chose you as one of their awardees.”

“So, how bad is this party, Jinah?” She mused as she faced her phone again, she paused briefly, she noticed the black and white portrait of her that hung just above the double doors of his office. She smiled, remembering when he had taken that very photo.

“Just pretend that you actually like being there, and you’ll be fine.” She joked, Minae laughed.

“I mean it, don’t worry. They’ll love you. Everyone knows what you did for ShinHan.”

“I know, I’m not worried for me. I’m worried for Chanyeol.”

“Why? He said he’d accompany you, right?” Jinah asked, Minae nodded back, she picked up the phone and she stood up.

“Yes, but..his parents are going to be there plus, the fact that, he’s always been talk of the town every time he shows up at those type of events. And you know how uncomfortable that is for him.” She said as she walked towards Chanyeol’s self, it was displaying his collection of Gundam toys.

“Come on, he’ll live. Its his responsibility to be there, just like how you always make time to drop by his company just to remind people that you are his wife.”

“You mean, that we should never get caught, ever?” She chuckled, Jinah rolled her eyes.

“You two might as well stay that way forever, I like it that way.”

Minae snorted and shook her head.

“I can’t cling on to him for that long. Anyway, I need to go. I’ll see you at the ball?”

“Sure. So, do I get the purple or the lilac?”

“Lilac suits you best, babe. See you.” Minah blew her a kiss before stepping out of the room.

 

 

“If we switch the bass a little bit, we can~” Chanyeol looked up as the door opened slightly. His other staff followed his gaze and they greeted Minae.

“Hey,” Chanyeol left his seat and walked towards her, she glanced at the other side of the room and found Donghae and Eunhyuk recording. She smiled and waved at them before facing Chanyeol.

“How are things going?” She asked as she straightened out the sleeves of his bomber jacket.

“Good, why? You bored already?” He grinned as he pulled her out of the room.

“No, I just wanted to see you work. Do you mind if I hang out with Jinah tomorrow?”

“Are you going to plan my surprise birthday party?” He asked excitedly, Minae laughed and shook her head.

“Uhmm, maybe? Do you want coffee?” She asked him, Chanyeol beamed at her.

“Or anything to drink?” She continued.

“No, I’m good. Let’s go home in an hour. Do you want to wait in the cafeteria? I’ll come and fetch you.” Chanyeol asked as he tucked a lock of her hair behind her ear, Minae yawned and nodded.

“You’re only being this nice because your birthday gift to yourself arrived earlier than scheduled and I had to park the Audi outside.” She pointed out, Chanyeol gave her a sheepish smile.

“Chanyeol, this is your third car for this year. We have to renovate the garage.” She said to him, he nodded back.

“And, yes, I know, I did my research. It’s a Mercedes Benz E63 AMG. Four liters, V8, biturbo and…all that.” She went on, it was something Chanyeol kind of ingrained on her, his love for cars.

“It’s perfect, right?” He asked as he laced his fingers with her.

“It suits the Loey image. I live for it.” She joked back, Chanyeol made a face at her.

“I’ll go get something to drink then.”

“Oh, I got you a matching one too, for Christmas. It’s white.” He said cheerfully, Minae stopped and looked at him.

“Chanyeol, you~”

“It’s a Christmas gift, you can’t say no to a Christmas gift.” He said defending himself.

“Ya, you married me to help you with the business, not to buy me stuff.” She muttered under her breath, Chanyeol grinned back at her.

“I’ll see you later. Please get some caffeine in your system, you’re crabby without coffee.” He cupped the sides of her head with his hands, unaware of the appreciative stares they were earning.

“It’s too much, Yeol.”

“Like I said,” Chanyeol smiled as he dropped his hands to his sides.

 

“No limits for you.”

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++