015

Loey's Wife

“I don’t know if I should be offended or..amused.” Chanyeol said as he eyed the huge cake before him, Minae laughed and just leaned against him.

“How did you manage to set all this?” He asked, the party was in full swing, drinks were pouring from the bar and everyone was having a good time.

“I got some help, and Jinah’s really good with the whole party thing.” She said as she picked up a cupcake from one of the trays.

“I love it. Thanks, Min.”

“It’s nothing, but I really need to fly out tomorrow, will you be okay?” She asked him.

“I have to attend the Dragon Awards alone then, that’s a first.” He blinked to himself, he looked around briefly.

“I’m really sorry, but I have to be there.” She frowned as she stood before him and pressed her palms against his cheeks, he pursed his lips at her.

“You’re turning into a corporate slave. That wasn’t exactly my goal.” Chanyeol mumbled, she laughed and shook her head, not caring about the stares they were earning.

“What was your goal, then?”

“Just be the ShinHan boss that I can never be.” He joked back, she snorted and let go of him.

“Do you want to head home first? I can have the driver~”

“No, it’s okay. It’s your birthday, I should be here.” She replied, Chanyeol smiled and just kissed the top of her head.

“But you don’t like being out this late.” He said to her.

“It’s fine, Loey.” She nodded before wrapping one arm around his waist, Chanyeol grinned and let the girl lean against him.

“I love the guitar by the way, thank you, Min.”

Min gave him a double thumbs up without looking up.

 

 

“Oh my god, they are driving me crazy.” Jinah slouched on her seat, Baekhyun smiled as he followed her gaze.

“Sometimes…I get confused too. I mean,” Jongdae looked at the two, Chanyeol and Min were talking, he was probably joking about the cake.

“They’re like two pieces of a puzzle, and it’s…unnerving to see them together knowing that they’re just….acting.”

Jinah nodded and took another sip from her drink.

“Do you think their might be feelings there?” She asked, Baekhyun chuckled and leaned his chin on her shoulder.

“Ya, you know him well.” Jinah nudged him.

“Chanyeol….he’s quite slow when it comes to these things, but one thing’s for sure. He’s so used to having her around, and that if she were ever to leave,”

Chanyeol had detached himself from Minae and was now walking towards them.

“That idiot wont be able to function well.” He finished just as Chanyeol plopped down across them.

“Have you seen the cake?” Chanyeol was grinning from ear to ear, Jinah and Jongdae chuckled.

“Minae’s a genius, that’s it.” Jinah nodded.

“She is. Should we go out to get something to eat after this?” Chanyeol asked.

“Sure, that sounds great. Minae?” Baek asked him.

“She had to pick up a call outside.”

 

 

“Look, hyung,” Jungkook said as he glanced at the couple again.

“Let’s say, if you ever really put your mind to it. You try to get in between them,”

Jin eyed his friend warily before taking his drink.

“How would you even do it? Look at them.”

Jin looked at the two, Chanyeol kissed the girl’s cheek before walking away from her.

“I mean, look at them, hyung.” Jungkook chuckled, Minae had stepped out from the club.

“I know, but don’t you think it’s too….perfect?” Jin questioned back.

“What do you mean?”

“I’m going to be honest. I mean, I…well, I did my research.”

“Oh, so you stalked her.” Jungkook chortled, Jin shushed him.

“Minae…she doesn’t…Her father is a son of Jung Oil Group. Now, there’s been a lot of rumors about her since her father died. And, it’s public knowledge how her family has been cold to her ever since then.”

“Hyung, are you a netizen?” Jungkook shook his head.

“So, they had met in college, and they started seeing each other from then on. But, oddly enough, the Parks or maybe the son, let her take over their company.”

“Hyung, there’s nothing wrong with her taking over~”

“You don’t understand what I mean by taking over.” Jin said, then Minae appeared again.

“What is it then? She owns everything now?” Jungkook asked, amused.

“No, she has control over everything, Jungkook.” Jin replied, and then he looked up as Minae passed by then.

“Jung Minae-ssi.” He spoke, Jungkook balked at his friend.

The lady paused, she turned her head at them.

“Oh, director Kim. Hello.” She greeted him back in a polite tone before heading away from the two.

“Oh my god, the stalker has leveled up.” Jungkook muttered, Jin just slapped his arm.

 

 

“You’re still hungry?” Minae asked as she sat down beside Chanyeol.

“Hmm, can we still go out?”

“Sure.” She nodded, Jinah called her name.

“Ya, you’re flying out again. When are we going out on a shopping trip?”

“We just went to one…last week.” She chuckled, Jinah rolled her eyes at the girl.

“I mean, you’re always out, busy and everything. I feel like I’m being…abandoned.” Jinah stated, Minae laughed.

“Whoa, you know exactly how I feel.” Chanyeol chimed in, Jongdae laughed.

“Okay, no ganging up on princess.” Baekhyun said as he picked up a slice of kiwi.

Minae was about to reply when she noticed someone walking on the dance floor, she was greeting some of the SM staff as she passed by. Minae tilted her head.

“Hey, I didn’t know you were going into that side of the industry.” She nudged Chanyeol.

“What? What side?” Chanyeol set his drink down.

“This industry.” She gestured towards her s, Jinah laughed out loud as soon as she got what her friend was saying.

“Huh?” Chanyeol blinked at her, confused.

“This.” She shimmied her shoulders and pressed closer towards him, Chanyeol sighed and waved her away. She grinned and glanced at the girl again.

“That~”

“Oh, president, happy birthday!” The girl was standing before them and she bowed, the front of her dress went so low that Baekhyun leaned away.

“Thank you, miss…” Chanyeol trailed off, his forehead creasing. Minae looked at her husband, half amused and still curious.

“So, SM really went all out this year.” She murmured to herself.

“It’s Haneul, sir. Kang Haneul.” The girl beamed at him, Chanyeol nodded, suddenly remembering her name.

“Right, right. Thank you, Haneul-ssi.” Chanyeol nodded back, Haneul chuckled.

“You’re not really one for memorizing names, huh, president?”

Jinah blinked and looked at Minae, the girl was distracted, her eyes were on Haneul’s dress.

“I’m sorry. We have so much people in the office and it can get confusing. Thanks for coming though.” Chanyeol said with his usual easy smile.

“Oh, right, miss Kang, meet his wife. Minae.” Jinah chimed in, her tone sharper than usual, Baekhyun eyed her, a warning.

Haneul’s smile tightened briefly but she faced Minae and greeted her pleasingly.

“It’s nice to meet you, samonim.”

“Same here, I love the dress.” Minae replied and shook her offered hand, she heard Chanyeol yawn before her.

“Thank you, it’s Valentino.” Haneul smiled before excusing herself and turning away from them, she smirked to herself before going back to their booth.

“You honestly liked that? Her dress?” Jinah questioned as soon as the actress was out of earshot. Chanyeol shook his head, amused.

“No. I said that to be polite, because Loey here couldn’t even recognize his own artists.” She said, he rolled his eyes at her.

“But, really, Yeol? Adult film industry?” Minae blinked at her, Jongdae guffawed.

“Who? Haneul? Really?” Chanyeol asked her, Baekhyun sighed, he could feel a headache coming.

“You know what, let’s just get dinner.”

“But, why are we judging her because of her choice of clothing though?” Minae asked, Jinah smiled at her.

“What a sweetheart, our Min.” She mused.

“You’re right, let’s get dinner.” Chanyeol said heartily as he poked her waist.

“Burgers?” She asked as she slid down from the booth, the others followed them.

“No chance of you attending Dragon Awards with me? I’ll buy you more cupcakes.” Chanyeol offered as he leaned his weight against her side, Minae rolled her eyes as she tried to push him away.

“I mean, you would never say no to me, right?” Chanyeol pouted his lips at her, Minae smiled and shook her head.

“This time I have to.” She stuck her tongue out at him before rushing towards the doors, Chanyeol chuckled and followed her.

“Like what I said,” Baekhyun commented as they walked behind him.

“He wont be able to function without her.”

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++