045

Loey's Wife

Minae’s brows rose as she heard the door open, she was sitting on the tub, enjoying a nice relaxing bath.

“You used to be okay with long nights back when you were with SM.” She said jokingly as Chanyeol walked in, he had already gotten rid of his shirt and was walking around in his pants.

“Why must you stay in the tub for too long?” He murmured, he still got antsy every time he sees her on the tub.

“Ma was on a roll today, we practically went to every market to find that type of fish she wants to cook, not for me, but for you.” She pointed out, Chanyeol chuckled, he leaned against the sink and crossed his arms.

“I ate dinner first; do you want me to heat up the soup for you?” She asked as she flicked some bubbles at his feet.

“No need, I ate with abeoji.” Chanyeol said carefully, Minae smiled and nodded.

“That’s good, Yeol.”

“Hmm,” He rolled his eyes before walking towards her, Minae blinked at him.

“Chanyeol, don’t you~”

Chanyeol was smiling as he got inside the tub with her, Minae groaned at him, he smiled as he hovered over her, not caring about the water splashing around them.

“It was a long day at work, but seeing you at home makes me feel all better now.” He murmured before pressing his lips against hers, Minae smiled as he pulled back.

“Are you trying to distract me now?” She asked him, Chanyeol blinked at her, his palms rested on the tub’s sides, his nose touching hers.

“What do you mean?”

“Chanyeol, you bought a puppy home last night.”

“Oh, that.” He gave her one of his sheepish smiles, Minae shook her head at him.

“He was just so cute and I saw his pictures~”

“You do know how big a Great Pyrenees can get, right?” She asked, Chanyeol lifted himself off her and stepped out of the tub, he grabbed a robe and handed it to her as she stood up.

“Like…Toben?”

“Oh, god. You should be thankful that I love you.” Minae kissed the side of his neck before walking back to the room.

 

 

Chanyeol poked Minae’s arm again, the two were still in bed. Minae grumbled back at him, she had one arm across his chest and her nose buried on her pillow.

“Ma’s making pancakes.” He said softly, she mumbled something, she tugged on his shirt briefly before letting go.

“Min?” Chanyeol patted her thigh, she groaned and turned away from him, he chuckled and sat up.

“We have plans today, remember? It’s the weekend and my mom’s excited to have you and ma over for lunch.” Chanyeol said as he grabbed one of his hoodies and put it on.

Minae slowly sat up, she rubbed her eyes before speaking.

“Lunch is like four hours away.”

“But breakfast is just downstairs.” He reasoned, he turned to her, his wife had gotten used to wearing his shirts to sleep and now, she looked so tiny in one of his, he smiled to himself.

“Go on, I’ll just fix my hair.” She muttered as she dragged herself off the bed, he chuckled.

“Coffee?”

“Please.” She waved him away as she padded to the bathroom. Chanyeol opened the door and Toben came rushing in.

“Yeol?” She called, Chanyeol stopped.

“Yeah?”

“You put the toothpaste on the top shelf again.” Her tone was dark, he entered the bathroom and found her leaning over the sink, trying to reach for the toothpaste.

“Good morning, grumpy.” He kissed the top of her head before handing her the toothpaste.

 

 

“Ma,” Minae said as she joined them in the dining room, Chanyeol was already wolfing down his plate of pancakes.

“Good morning, darling.” She smiled at her daughter warmly.

“Chanyeol rushed to get me out of bed just so I could watch him stuff himself with food.” She said with a smile as she sat beside him, Minae reached out to wipe the syrup off his cheek.

“Aren’t you hungry?”

“Min doesn’t really enjoy heavy breakfasts.” Chanyeol chirped, Minae smiled and translated for him.

“Right, I almost forgot.” Her mother smiled and patted Chanyeol’s hand, the latter smiled proudly.

“Ma, we have lunch with the Parks today. Are you okay with that?” Minae asked as she put some pancakes on her plate, she removed the bacon and placed it on Chanyeol’s.

“Min, this is bacon.”

“I don’t fee like it. Eat up.” She said as she picked up her coffee.

“Yes, Chanyeol mentioned it. I haven’t met up with my in-laws in a while, how are they doing?” The lady asked.

They’re both doing well, abeoji’s really happy with Chanyeol joining him at the company.” She said as she sliced a portion of her pancake and popped it in .

And I’m going out with grandpa tomorrow, would..you want to join us?” She asked carefully, her forehead creasing in worry. Chanyeol looked up, at the mention of her grandfather his mother-in-law tensed.

It will be fun, ma. I’ll be there too, if my schedule permits.” He said cheerfully, Minae smiled at him.

Okay, I’ll join you two. Abeonim…has always been nice to me, your aunt has always been the problem, darling.” She said, she looked at Chanyeol and noticed the young man’s tattoo on his finger, she paused.

Minae followed her gaze and paused.

When did he get that? I never noticed.” She said as she looked at the Chinese characters of her daughter’s name. Chanyeol looked up from his plate and he actually blushed as he realized that they were looking at his tattoo.

A few days after…our engagement announcement.” Minae said, she reached over to playfully pinch his ear.

Like I said, daughter, he’s the only one for you.

Ma, not in front of him. His Chinese has been getting better~

I understood that. Thank you, ma!” Chanyeol beamed at his mother-in-law, the two women loved.



 

“I’m going out later, I promised halbae we’d go to the mall together, or you know, just somewhere outside the house.” Minae said over the phone, she was in her office when Jinah had phoned her.

“This weekend? Sure. I’ll tell Chanyeol.” She nodded as she opened her laptop, and then she heard the double doors open, her brows rose.

“Fine, have fun later. Send my hugs to your halbae.”

Minae put her phone down as Chanyeol walked in her office, he had taken off his tie and probably chucked it away somewhere.

“Hey, you.” She mused as she stood up to greet him, Chanyeol rolled his eyes before wrapping one arm around the girl.

“Can we grab lunch early?” He mumbled as he pressed his nose against her hair.

“Like...two hours early?” She glanced at her wristwatch, he nodded.

“Should I ask how the meeting went? Or nah?” She asked as she pulled back, Chanyeol ed the first two buttons of his shirt before sitting down.

“It was fine, but so many things to revise before the month ends.”

Minae nodded along sat down beside him.

“You have plans this afternoon, right? Can I come?” Chanyeol asked as he played with the tips of her hair, Minae nodded.

“I was planning to call you, halbae likes you way too much that you overshadow me sometimes.” She eyed him warily, Chanyeol chuckled and leaned his head back on the couch.

“Jinah called, it’s her father’s birthday this weekend. I told her we would come.”

“Sure, sure. Now, lunch?” He asked, Minae laughed and nodded.

“Just let me go finish reading this report then we can go.” She leaned over to kiss his cheek before going back to her desk.

“But I’m hungry.” He whined from the couch, Minae shook her head.

“You can choose where to eat, Loey.”

“I want tonkatsu.”

“Go look for another wife.” She replied flatly, Chanyeol let out a hearty laugh.

“Can we take Toben with us later?”

“We can pick him up after eating, how about pasta, Yeol?”

“Sounds good, now hurry.”

Minae threw a pen at him before facing her laptop again.

“Love you.” Chanyeol said from the couch, Minae smiled and looked at the back of his head.

“Love you too.”

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

 

THE END! (10.10.2018- 03.03.2019)

 

Thank you for reading! I really enjoyed writing this one! :>

 

tumblr_p50in08dOF1r9f40do4_400.gif     tumblr_olrsxrgIFo1tybmu1o6_400.gif