032

Loey's Wife

 

Minae chewed on her lower lip as the garage doors slid down behind her, she stepped out of the G Wagon and grabbed her purse from the front seat. She looked around and identified Baekhyun’s car.

She also spotted a new addition to their garage, a white Mercedes Benz E63 AMG, there was a hug red and green bow on top of it too. She walked towards the car and plucked out the card from the windshield.

To: Min

From: Loey

She smiled to herself and shook her head, she kept the card in purse and made her way towards the door. She walked towards the kitchen and found Jinah manning to stove while Baekhyun chose to stay away.

“Hey, your husband’s in a bad mood. Strange. But, please go check on him.” Jinah said as she faced the girl, Baekhyun paused, his eyes went to Minae briefly.

“Jongdae’s coming over too. It’s like an impromptu reunion.” He said to her, Min nodded.

“I’m glad you’re cooking, Jinah.” She said jokingly, Jinah blew her a kiss. Minae made her way towards the stairs and exhaled again. She didn’t know what was going on, Chanyeol looked so angry earlier. And she rarely saw him with that emotion. It was different and it kind of scared her. She was always so sure when it came to him, he always went along with things, but why did he make such a big deal out of the flowers?

 

 

Chanyeol heard footsteps outside his room, he had a towel over his shoulder as he opened the door.

Minae’s back was turned to him when he saw her, she was standing outside her room.

“Hey, you’re home.” She spoke, her brows rose as she noticed his get up. Chanyeol was only wearing his swimming shorts and a towel draped on his shoulder.

“Yeah.” His reply was short as he headed down the steps, Minae puffed her cheeks and entered her room. Minae washed off her makeup and changed into a pair of sweatpants, she put on one of her gray tank tops and stepped out of her room. She scrunched nose, realizing that the house was still chilly despite the heaters, she padded towards Chanyeol’s room and looked around. She noticed his discarded hoodie on the sofa. She smiled before putting it on and leaving his room.

“I’m a bit confused by this, you’re our guest and yet….you’re cooking for us.” Min said as she joined the couple.

“Tell me about it.” Baekhyun added, Jinah looked at him.

“What do you mean?”

“Min, we asked you to check on him. But now he’s stalked off to the pool.” Jinah said, Minae blinked, she turned towards the glass doors which led to their indoor pool.

“Min? Is something wrong?” Jinah asked, Baekhyun looked at his girlfriend, amazed by how coy she can be. Just minutes ago the girl was cursing Kim Seokjin and was planning to feed him to the wolves, now she was all soft-spoken and concerned.

“N—No, nothing’s wrong. I’ll check on Yeol.” She nodded as she left them.

 

 

“Whoa, should I call the Oscars to nominate you?” Baekhyun asked as soon as Minae was out of earshot.

“Darling, everyone needs a little push for things to work out.” She said, she looked up when the front doors opened, they heard Jongdae’s familiar humming.

“Push? Push who?”

“Push Seokjin into the Pacific Ocean or something.”

Jongdae reached them, he placed the bag of fruits and some takeout pizza on the counter.

“Are we talking bad about someone?” He asked as he sat down beside Baekhyun.

“Well, I’m going to give you a quick summary about everything.” Jinah said as she placed the bowl of seafood pasta on the table.

“There’s this director guy, GM Daewoo’s son,”

“Yeah, I’ve heard of him. You mentioned how he was talking about Min, right?”

“Yes. And just today, our Park Chanyeol, happened to bump into him at Min’s office.” Jinah said as she asked Baekhyun to help her with the steak.

“Okay….I still don’t get why you seem to be out to kill him.” Jongdae nodded along.

“Before all that, someone’s been sending Min flowers. Everyday. Relentlessly.”

Baekhyun grinned at his friend, Jongdae seemed a little confused as he tried to piece everything together.

“Chanyeol got irked by this, so he asked Baek to trace where the flowers are from. He managed to trace the store and got the sender’s number.”

“Wow. Very illegal, but nice.” Jongdae commented as he picked up a breadstick.

“And then, this little piece of crap calls Min, Chanyeol saw his number on the screen.”

“Whoa. Brave.” That made Jongdae pause, Baekhyun was slicing the steak, listening.

“So, now PD Park knows everything, right? And then he sees him in her office with a fresh bouquet lying around. What do you think happened next?”

“Did he….tell Min about it?”

“No. He was angry. He…was livid.” Baekhyun spoke, Jinah nodded and clasped her hands together.

“It’s a perfect scenario, right? Yeol realizes how much he needs Min in her life and he will have to get rid of that Kim Seokjin in one go!” She said cheerfully.

“You’re enjoying..Chanyeol’s rage? And not worried about it?” Jongdae scratched the back of his head.

“He’s so disgusting, thinking he could charm her. What an idiot. Have Yeol take care of him. It’s about time he realizes who Minae is to him.”

 

 

Minae watched as Chanyeol did another lap again, she slowly sat down by the edge of the pool, she folded up her sweatpants before dipping her legs into the water.

And then he stopped.

“Is it time to eat?” He spoke as he waded towards her, he recognized his hoodie from afar and his lips quirked up slightly.

“I think? Jinah didn’t say.” Minae said softly, Chanyeol stopped in front of her.

“Chanyeol-ah, w—what’s wrong? What happened back there?” She asked, her forehead creasing.

“You’re allergic to flowers, Min. And you hate them. You even told me to never give you flowers.” He spoke, Minae met his gaze evenly.

“I know, but you didn’t have to take it out on secre~”

“You really don’t know who keeps on sending them? Have you even tried finding out?” He questioned, Minae shook her head.

“No. It didn’t really cross my mind.” Minae murmured, she looked at him, sensing how aggravated he was. She wanted to ask him, but decided not to. She lifted her hand and brushed his damp hair away from his forehead.

“My allergies aren’t that bad. You don’t have to worry about it.” She explained to him.

“You think that’s it?” He spoke without meeting her gaze.

“Yeol, I really~” Chanyeol lifted her down to the pool, Minae yelped as her feet touched the floor. She felt the water brushing against her chin as Chanyeol stood close to her, he was too close actually. Their chests were almost touching.

“Allergies.” He said, Minae looked up to meet his gaze.

“It’s..It’s not that~”

“I’m not talking about your allergies.” He finished, Minae stopped, Chanyeol was pinning her against the pool wall. But he wasn’t touching her either, he just refused to move back.

“What is it then?”

“No.”

“What?” Minae was confused.

“Just no. It can’t be like this.” He finally met her gaze, Minae’s frown deepened.

“Chanyeol, I don’t understand~”

“For me, just say no. Okay?” He spoke, he brought his hand to her cheek briefly. Minae could only nod back, he exhaled before swimming away from her.

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++