022

Loey's Wife

Minae sat down across her dresser, her eyes went to the folder before her. She chewed on her lower lip before diverting her gaze to her reflection.

She started doing her makeup, she could hear Toben barking behind her room’s door, and her eyes went to the folder again.

She sighed before standing up, she made her way towards her closet and picked out some jeans and a plain white shirt.

“Hey, are you ready?” Chanyeol walked in the room, she heard him plop down the bed.

“Yeah, can I~” She stepped out of the closet and Chanyeol was already holding out one of his oversized Gucci hoodies to her.

“I rarely see you in denim jeans. You look like a stranger.” He joked as he sat up, Minae rolled her eyes at him.

“We don’t really need much; we’re flying out next week.” She said as she searched for her purse, Chanyeol noticed the folder of documents on her dresser.

“Well, have you thought about it?” He asked while she was putting the hoodie on.

“What?”

“That.” He jutted his lips towards her dresser, her forehead creased briefly before meeting his gaze. Chanyeol could see the hesitation in her eyes, but she shook her head at him.

“But, you know, wifey,” He started, his tone cheerful, Minae narrowed her eyes at him.

“We made a deal, you know.”

“What deal? And I am not going to wear those hideous Balenciaga sneakers~”

“No, not that.”

“Then, what is it?” She said as she slipped into her Vans, she tried dressing down during weekends, abandoning her usual corporate looks and just trying to match with Chanyeol.

“You said you’d let me take care of things if they do it again.”

She turned to him, a little worried.

“Chanyeol, you don’t~”

“I meant it when I said, Min. I’m not asking for permission; I’m just reminding you.”

Minae sighed, she faced him and pulled her hair away from her face.

“Chanyeol, you’ve met them. And they can be~”

“I know. But they’ve done enough. And you can’t always be nice to everybody, right?”

Minae sighed and shrugged at him.

“Well, what Loey wants, Loey gets. I guess.” She mumbled, Chanyeol beamed at her before leaving the room.

Minae lay flat on her bed and closed her eyes.

“I haven’t seen halbae ever since. It doesn’t seem right.”

 

 

“What should we bring? For Ma.” Chanyeol said as he pushed the cart, Minae glanced at him and shrugged.

“She can’t really stand Korean food, so…I don’t know what we should bring. Chocolates?” She snorted, Chanyeol rolled his eyes at her.

“How about dried seaweed? She likes that. Expecially the ones with flavors.” Minae tugged on his sleeve for him to follow her, Chanyeol nodded as his wife tossed some items into the cart.

“Microwaveable popcorn.” He jutted his lips towards the other counter.

“Ya, we have to finish this first.”

“We don’t need to buy a lot, we’re going away this weekend.” He pointed out as he followed her anyway, Minae smiled and picked up a bag of tissue paper.

“I know, but, Chanyeol-ah,”

He looked at her, Minae chewed on her lower lip before speaking.

“I noticed that someone’s showing interest in you.” She said with a small grin before walking with him.

“What?” He was confused.

“Lately, I see her a lot, I hear about her a lot from you.” She hummed as Chanyeol pulled her between him and the cart’s handle.

“What are you talking about?” He asked as they pushed the cart together, Chanyeol pressed his chin on the top of her head.

“Haneul-ssi.”

Chanyeol paused, his brows went up briefly.

“What?”

“I mean,” Minae gently pushed him back so that she could face him.

“I think she..likes you, you know, that kind of thing.” She tilted her head briefly.

“She likes me?” Chanyeol repeated, she nodded quickly.
“Min~”

“Look, if you’re interested in her too, you don’t have to think about me, Loey.”

“What you’re suggesting is~”

“I know, I know what I’m talking about. But if you find somebody, you don’t have to stop yourself because of me. Actually I would support you and~”

“Stop.” Chanyeol spoke, his tone had gone arctic. Minae closed , and looked at his face, his playful grin was gone. He sighed before fishing out the car key from his jean pocket.

“Chanyeol, I’m just~”

“I don’t want to hear it. I have to go.” He said as he inserted the key in Hermes, Min started to worry.

“Chanyeol~”

“I’ll see you at home, Min.” Chanyeol said before walking away from him, she puffed her cheeks and watched as he left.

“Did I say something bad? Did I mention the wrong girl?”

 

 

“I don’t know, it must have been work.” Minae murmured as she lifted the bags into the Audi’s trunk.

“Weird, he would never leave you by yourself.” Jinah was on speakerphone, Minae sighed and picked up another shopping bag.

“He looked..pissed, Jinah. I don’t know what happened.”

“Well, what did you say, Mrs. Loey?”

“Something about Haneul, I told him that if he likes her, he should go for it.”

“You ing what?” She suddenly cursed that it stunned her friend.

“I had to tell him, I don’t him to feel~”

“You dumb !”

“Hey!” She protested as she tossed another bag in the trunk, Jinah muttered a halfhearted apology before talking again.

“Why would you say that? And, of all times, now? During Christmas season?”

“I’m being..giving? Anyway, I just want him to know that he’s free and~”

“You don’t tell him that, Min. You’re~”

“Shopping alone?”

Minae stopped and turned behind her, she smiled before swiftly ending the call with her friend.

“Seokjin-ssi,” She said with a polite smile, the male picked up the three remaining bags and loaded them into the car.

“Ah, thanks.”

“Those are quite heavy, are you out alone?”

“I..wasn’t, but Chanyeol had to step out. How are you? And, I’m sorry you had to see that. My other side of the family can be..a little..intense.” She said carefully, but the male shook his head with a smile.

“It’s fine, you don’t have to apologize. Family is complicated.”

“Exactly.” She nodded back, Jin looked around them before speaking again.

“We have a meeting this Monday, how about we go out for some lunch then?” Jin asked her, Minae paused and agreed.

“That would be great, Seokjin-ssi.”

“It’s great seeing you, Minae-ssi.” Jin said as he opened the car’s door her, Minae chuckled.

“We keep on bumping with each other a lot, huh?” She spoke before starting the car.

“It doesn’t seem like a bad thing, right?” He joked back.

“Of course. See you next week then.” She said before driving away from the male, Jin smiled to himself before walking towards the entrance.

“He lets you do all the heavy work too. How great.”

 

 

“I feel bad for no reason. Is it my fault?” Minae murmured as she walked back in the bathroom, she had prepared a warm bath for herself. She had a quick lunch with Jongdae before driving back home and she decided to reward herself with some time on the tub with her favorite wine and some Michael Buble songs playing in the background.

She took her robe off and got herself in the pub, she leaned back and let the warm water soothe her muscles. She had no idea where Chanyeol was and she was a little antsy about it. And she didn’t have the guts to call him, he seemed so agitated earlier.

She closed her eyes and her mind wandered to her father’s side of the family.

“Why did I have to know all that? I don’t want to be worried about it and them.” She murmured as she took a small sip of her wine, the bubbles were so thick that she couldn’t see her toes anymore.

“Thirty percent. Thirty percent.” She muttered darkly as she let her face slowly sink down to the water, then the doors swung open.

She panicked for a brief moment then she realized who it was, she let out a big sigh of relief.

“Park Chanyeol,” She groaned at him, Chanyeol stared at her, worry flashed on his face briefly before taking in the scene.

“Seeing you in a bathtub has always terrified me.” He mumbled incoherently before looking around, he decided to lean against the sink, a few steps across her. He crossed his arms, his forehead still creased deeply.

“Have you eaten?” She asked him, confused as to why he looked like he was going stay in the bathroom with her.

“Are you busy? Can we talk.” He replied, Minae blinked at him.

“N—Now?”

“Yeah, are you busy?” Chanyeol nodded, his lips forming a small pout.

“Uhm, no?” She replied, a little helpless. It’s not that she was uncomfortable with him being in the bathroom, she trusted him a lot. But, she wasn’t really up for a chat knowing that he seems to be in a sour mood.

“I don’t know..where you got the idea of Haneul and I. But Minae, no.”

Minae in her cheeks together, the water was getting a little too warm for her, but she nodded at him.

“Okay. I said the wrong name, I’m sorry.” She said to him, Chanyeol chewed on his lower lip before speaking again.

“No, you didn’t.” He stated, Minae paused, she reached for her wine and took another sip again.

“I didn’t?”

“There’s no name, Min. There’s no one.”

“Oh.” She leaned forward slightly to stretch her toes, Chanyeol let out a sigh before pushing himself off the sink.

“And, I would appreciate it…if you don’t..do this again. You don’t have to pair me with other women. I’m fine.” He said as he walked towards her, Minae nodded, Chanyeol knelt down beside her and gave her one of his dimpled smiles.

“Chanyeol, I swear to god, don’t~”

He dropped three more bath bombs into the tub, Minae closed her eyes briefly.

“Don’t go too heavy on the wine, wifey. Your cheeks are already so pink.” He chuckled before leaning over to kiss her cheek, and then he ran out of the bathroom before Min could splash him with water.

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

 

a/n:

I don't know if you guys noticed, but I'm enjoying writing this one too much. hahaha