014

Loey's Wife

“A business conference? Like..a forum?” Minae looked up from her desk, her secretary nodded back.

“It’s this weekend, ma’am. Should I RVSP for two people?”

“Oh, so it’s a couple thing too?” She blinked, knowing how Chanyeol would not like it.

“I think so, since the press will be there.”

Minae exhaled and nodded, she leaned back on her seat before typing in a quick to text to her husband.

“I’ll talk to him about it, is there anything else? Am I clear for the Suwon branch this noon?”

“Yes, they are expecting you, vice president. And someone sent those over.” The male pointed towards a bouquet on the coffee table.

“What?” Minae stood up from her seat and walked towards the table, she eyed the variety of flowers on the arrangement, clueless.

“Chanyeol?” She asked, even knowing that Chanyeol was aware of her slight dislike of flowers.

“No, but there’s a card there.”

Minae plucked the card out and opened it, she paused as she read the text.

It was nice meeting you. I hope to bump into you again.

“Do you have any idea who it might be, ma’am?”

“No, probably someone who has a lot of time in their hands, can you take it out?” She asked him, the male nodded quickly.

“I’m going home for lunch, I’ll drive to Suwon myself. I’ll see you there, okay?”

“Yes, enjoy your lunch, VP.” He said with a smile as he picked up the flowers, then he sneezed. Minae paused and shook her head.

“I almost forgot, you’re allergic to pollen.” She frowned, the male started to shake his head frantically.

“It’s okay~”

“I’ll take care of it. You should go ahead.” Minae took the flowers for him, she stepped out of the room and made her way towards the elevator, then she halted when she saw a cleaning lady. She handed her the flowers and asked for her to dispose of it before leaving.

 

 

“So, it’s next week.” Chanyeol said as he swiveled his chair around, he had his phone pressed to his ear.

“I will be meeting with them by then, we can also discuss regarding the royalties.” He added, he turned when he heard the door open.

His secretary came in with another set of gifts and notes, he grinned at the male.

“Sure, I’ll keep that in mind. Then, good bye.” He said as he ended the call.

“Happy birthday, president.”

“Thanks. Can you clear my weekend? I have a thing with Min and I am required to be there.” He asked as he opened his laptop.

“Sure, I’ll get to it. And,”

Chanyeol looked up from the screen, the male placed a folder on his desk.

“This is everything you asked for about Jung Oil Group.”

Chanyeol took the folder, and his forehead creased briefly.

“Does…Does the samonim know about this?” He asked quietly, Yeol shook his head.

“I’d like to keep this from her for the time being, well until…until I find something.”

“Of course.” The male nodded back before leaving the room, Chanyeol was about to open the folder when his phone pinged.

I know we didn’t get to see each other this morning. You woke up late, as usual. But, happy birthday, Loey. You know I always got your back, just don’t ask me to sing. Here’s to more years of lying and deceit. And, stay healthy, you big baby. –Min

Chanyeol grinned to himself before standing up from his desk.

 

 

Jinah was laughing at the human size Chanyeol cake before her, even Baekhyun was speechless.

“Okay, I wasn’t expecting you’d really push this through.” Jongdae mused as he approached the group, they were at a swanky club in downtown Seoul. Min had choses not to close down the place exclusively, knowing how it would not fit Chanyeol’s image. Instead, she just had some security roaming around the venue just in case something happens.

“I actually spoke to some of the artists about it, they said it would be amusing. And, it’s something no one has done before.” She mused as she looked at the cake again, it was just as tall as Chanyeol.

“How’s work lately for you, princess?” Baekhyun asked her as they sat down on their booth, Min saw Taemin and Minho from Shinee walk in and she waved at them.

“It’s okay, but,”

Jinah sat down across the two.

“Some weirdo sent me flowers today, it was..terrible.” She shrugged, Jinah paused.

“Is Chanyeol pranking you again?” Jongdae mused as he asked for a drink.

“He knows you can’t stand flowers.” Jinah chuckled as she took a small sip from her cocktail, she shuddered and passed it to Baekhyun.

“I know, it’s probably some weirdo who’s bored. Anyway,” Minae turned to the entrance, Chanyeol had just arrived and he was being greeted by SM staff and artists.

“Loey’s here.”

 

 

“Whoa, we haven’t been here in a while.”

The GM Daewoo executive nodded and looked around, his eyes went towards the LED screen.

“There must be a party going on tonight, so many celebrities.” His friend commented as he took another sip from his drink.

“Isn’t that man~”

“Oh, hyung, it’s your crush.” His friend chuckled, he looked away from the screen just as Minae appeared by one of the booths. She had just stepped down from the booth she was in and her eyes were on the entrance doors.

“Park Minae, right?”

He nodded back and watched as Minae crossed the floor, she reached the already crowded doors with a smile on her face.

“Isn’t that her husband? So, it’s his birthday?” The younger male looked on with curiosity, and then he saw Chanyeol chatting with a familiar looking celebrity. Minae walked towards them and she smiled.

“Ah, that lady, she’s an actress, I think. Or a singer?” His friend blinked, but the GM Daewoo heir had his eyes on Minae.

He saw happy birthday before being pulled into a tight hug by her husband.

“Hyung, seriously, you have to get over her.” His friend chuckled heartily.

“I know. But look at her.”

“Pretty, yes. Pretty married.” His friend pointed out just as Chanyeol leaned in to kiss her straight on the lips.

The older male looked away, his forehead creased.

“Looking at them hyung, they seem to be perfect for each other.” He hummed.

“Hyung, Seokjin hyung.” His friend nudged him, Jin turned his eyes towards the couple again. Minae was smiling as Chanyeol spoke to her, his nose pressed against the side of her head.

“It’s too perfect. Don’t you think?” He asked, Jungkook looked at him.

“What do you mean?”

“Nothing.” Jin replied as Minae rolled her eyes, Chanyeol laughed and simply took the girl’s hand as they walked towards their booth.

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++