035

Loey's Wife

Minae thanked the lady as she took the chocolate milkshakes from her, she took a small sip before moving forward.

“What am I doing? What am I so afraid of? Seokjin’s just another person. He’s not going to eat me alive or something.” She mumbled along as she walked, she felt someone tap her on the back, she turned and paused.

“That for me?” Chanyeol was grinning at her, he looked unbothered by what she just did earlier. And that kind of relieved her and also irked her as well.

“Yeah. Here.” Minae handed him the untouched milkshake, he nodded and started sipping, Min felt his hand around hers and he started to pull her towards their booth. Haneul had disappeared, now the booth was seating some of SM’s famous producers and Jungmo from Trax.

“Chanyeol-ah,”

He paused and turned his head to her, Minae’s forehead creased but she leaned forward to brush his hair away from his face.

“I’m sorry, I did that earlier thinking that the press would be here. I forgot that this was a private thing.” She said softly, to which Chanyeol chuckled at.

“You were worried about that?”

“Well, I don’t want you to feel violated?” She blinked at him, not getting why he was smiling. Chanyeol shook his head, not minding that his staff were staring at them as he s one arm around the girl and pulled her close.

“Now, do you feel violated?” He asked playfully, Minae blinked again and shook her head.

“No?” She tilted her head at him.

“Exactly.” He scrunched his nose at the girl, Minae was just confused. Chanyeol was smiling as they reached his booth and helped Min up the booth.

Haneul could only look away as the male sat down beside Minae and made her wrap her arms around him.

 

 

“Hyung, I think it’s really smart and safe for you to stop it.” Hoseok said as he and his cousin walked in the building, Jin glanced at him.

“Are you talking about her officially taking over Jung Oil today?”

“I saw the news, and look,” Hoseok handed his phone to him, he had opened another linked article about Minae.

“SM Entertainment threw an event last night, everyone important was in attendance.”

Jin’s eyes skimmed over the article, there were tons of photos on the page, but one was placed at the center. He paused, his forehead creasing deeply.

It was a photo of Minae kissing him right in the center of the bowling alley.

“Look at it, hyung. There’s no way you can sway her.”

Jin smiled and shook his head at the younger male.

“No, I think this is just perfect. Perfect timing.” He spoke, Hoseok stared at him, skeptic.

“What are you talking about?” He sighed at him, Jin took out his phone, he opened his Photos app and handed it to him.

What Hoseok saw made him halt, his eyes grew wide as he stared at his cousin.

“Well, this is another level of low. But it’s your life.” Hoseok muttered as he handed the phone back to his cousin.

 

 

Chanyeol grabbed his watch off the dresser and quickly strapped it on, he picked up his cap and jacket and bounded down the steps. He glanced around as he reached the last step.

“Min? I’m heading out first. I have to~” He stopped in his tracks as he saw Min padding towards him, she was already dressed for work, a nice Chanel tweed blazer covered her frame and a pair of beige tapered slacks matched with her favorite Balenciaga heels.

“I didn’t see you at breakfast.” Chanyeol commented as he put his cap on, Minae puffed her cheeks and raised her arm, it was then he noticed that she was holding onto his clothes.

“I need a favor.”

“Anything. What?” His reply was automatic; his eyes went to the three piece Armani suit she was holding onto.

“I take over Jung Oil today, that means…I have to deal with all the formalities and drama. And I don’t think I want to do it alone? Only if you’re free. I can call Jinah or~”

“No, I’ll move my meeting to tomorrow. I’ll take that, and I’ll be down in a bit.” Chanyeol took his clothes from her and went back to his room, Minae smiled and took out her phone. She exhaled as she called her ShinHan office.

“Good morning, vice president.”

“Can you look into something for me?”

“Yes, what is it, ma’am?”

“The flowers being sent to me. I want to find out where they’re from and who they’re from.”

“Is that all?”

“No, I want you to tell the shop to stop sending them, and refund whatever payment that has been made in advance, if they refuse to, compensate them or whatever, just make it stop.”

 

 

“This is funny because I begged your father not to do this on my first day.” Minae spoke as the car slowed down at Jung Oil Banking’s curb, Chanyeol looked at her and smiled.

“What’s funnier is that he didn’t listen.” He replied, Minae rolled her eyes at him. And then the passenger door was opened by her secretary and she stepped down.

She stepped down first and Chanyeol followed her and he straightened the long coat he was wearing. Min’s eyes went to the rows and rows of employees waiting for her inside the lobby, she also recognized the company’s higher ups standing by the doors.

“Okay, it’s show time.” She heard him speak softly, Minae felt her secretary’s gaze on her. She turned to Chanyeol, wanting for him to walk first.

“Hey, you always walked behind me. But, this is your company, your turf.”

“But, I don’t think~”

Chanyeol gently steered her forward, he leaned forward and kissed her cheek.

“You can do it. And, I’m always right behind you.”

“Chanyeol,”

Her secretary smiled, people may think that Chanyeol was the one who’s always dependent on his wife, but Minae too, needed Chanyeol. She did depend on him, but not a lot can get to witness that.

“No limits for you, Park Minae.” He said with a small smile as he pushed her forward. Minae started to walk towards the door with Chanyeol and her secretary behind her. The higher ups greeted her and almost handed her a bouquet of flowers, Chanyeol politely took it and handed it to the secretary, which made the latter laugh mentally. PD Park was never going to drop the flower issue.

The doors slid open and they walked in, the rest of Jung Oil Group’s higher ups tailed behind them. And then the employees bowed before greeting her.

“Good morning, president Park Minae.”

Chanyeol smiled to himself and followed his wife as she walked forward.

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++