044

Loey's Wife

 

Minae looked up from the iPad, she tilted her head as Chanyeol spoke with producers and writers. She was sitting on his desk, bored and clueless.

They were out for some errands when he was suddenly called to come to SM’s main office.

She pressed her cheek on the desk and listlessly stared at the SMTown family photo on his desk, she started to name all the familiar faces with a small smile on her lips.

“Min, you good?” Chanyeol called, he grew amused as he looked at her. She sat up and smiled.

“You know what, I’ll just stretch my legs and walk around,” She stood up from her seat, the staff stood up in response, she blinked at them.

“Okay, I’ll call you as soon as I’m done.” Chanyeol said, Min nodded, she asked them to sit before heading out of the room.

Minae left the office, she had her purse hanging on one shoulder as she made her way towards the elevator.

“Samonim,” Chanyeol’s secretary greeted her as the doors opened.

“I decided to roam around a bit, go ahead. They’re still inside.”

The male nodded and let her in, Min leaned back on the wall as the doors closed again. After a few seconds, the doors slid open and her eyes went towards the person waiting outside.

“S—Samonim,” Haneul was stunned to see her, Min’s lips quirked up and ushered her in.

 

 

“What? She never mentioned her? Why?” Baekhyun asked as he stepped on the gas.

“I don’t know. But I kept on warning her about that actress, I knew I was right about her.”

Baekhyun grew amused and reached out to muss her hair, Jinah glared at him before swatting his hand away.

“Those photos came out, she was really trying to seduce him. But your friend is basically blind.”

“Kind of.” Baekhyun mused, Jinah chortled.

“Do you really think that Min’s not affected by it? By Haneul?”

“Why?”

“I mean, is she even capable of feeling jealous? She’s so relaxed and calm all the time, it’s almost…weird.” Baekhyun nodded, Jinah tilted her head.

“She probably is annoyed by the scandal thing, but I never heard her speak ill about Haneul. We can only guess.”

“I would love to see that, Minae destroying that girl.” Baekhyun murmumred.

“Okay, calm down, mister Byun. They’re both okay now. No more sadist relatives, even Chanyeol’s father has accepted him back again.”

“But that girl did more damage.” He rolled his eyes, Jinah leaned back on her seat, there was a wistful smile on her face.

“Well, Min will probably fix her up or something. It will scar the girl for life though.” She chuckled to herself.

“You think?” Baekhyun shook his head in amusement.

“Let’s just pray she wont scare the poor actress too much.”

 

 

“It’s been a while, Haneul-ssi.”

Haneul swallowed before turning to the girl.

“Yes, samonim. Have you been well?” She carefully replied, Min nodded back.

“Well, to be honest, things have been going well. But, I can’t help but think,”

Haneul tensed, Minae was looking at her, meeting her gaze evenly.

“Even people who work closely to me would never ask for a car ride you know, although I would offer. But, you,”

Haneul looked away.

“I know Chanyeol, he’s the type to be very careful about his actions. But you just had to approach him and spoke to him in a way that he couldn’t say no.”

“Samonim, I wasn’t~”

“I know; I’m not saying that he isn’t at fault too. But you knew someone was taking photos, huh?”

Haneul froze, her eyes widened.

“I got copies of all the photos taken that night, out of the twelve taken, eight of them had you staring right back at the lens.”

“I didn’t see~”

“I’m not even going to ask if you hired those people, because I know you could never afford them. But please,” Min took a step closer to her, Haneul backed away in fear.

“Pull that kind of again, and I might as well ask my husband to nullify your contract. I’ll even pay the fees.” She winked at him, Haneul looked away.

“Samonim, I’m~”

“You don’t have to apologize, just back off. And, I hope you learn from this.” The doors opened and she stepped out of the machine.

 

 

“Min?”

Min looked up from the magazine, she had ended up at one of the lounges in the office.

“Hi.” She chirped as she put her raspberry juice away.

“I’m all done, you ready to go?”

“Yeah, how was the meeting?” She asked as she put her jacket on, Chanyeol smiled and helped her with sleeves.

“A little intense, I haven’t been here in a week.” He winced, she smiled and nodded.

“Well, your staff is still slowly learning how to function without you. Give them some time.” She said, Chanyeol took her hand in his and they walked towards the elevator.

“We’re picking up ma, let’s get her something to eat.”

“We can get her cupcakes on the way.”

“That’s what you want to eat. Your mom doesn’t like sweets.” He chuckled as the doors opened.

“Fine, let’s just get her plain old coffee.” She muttered, he laughed and gave her hand a small squeeze.

“Cupcakes and coffee then.”

“But, I noticed this morning,” She spoke, Chanyeol looked at her, waiting for to continue speaking.

“You transferred my dresser to your room.” She finished.

“Well, I figured that you transfer to my room.”

“But I like my room better.”

“But your bed is too short.”

“Short? Oh.” She started to chuckle, Chanyeol rolled his eyes at her.

“I wanted to discuss it with you, but I decided not to.” He hummed at her.

“I realized that. Nice move, Loey. Just don’t you dare move my closet. It stays where it is.”

“I would never go into that maze, darling.” He shot back with a smile, Minae nodded back, the doors opened again. She was about to step out but Chanyeol yanked her back.

“It’s okay, right? You..in my room?” He said carefully.

“It’s okay, that means I get access to an unlimited source of hoodies and sweatshirts.” She smiled, Chanyeol snorted and kissed her cheek.

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++