017

Loey's Wife

Minae stepped out of the bathroom, she yawned as she headed for the bed. It was just eight in the evening and the young executive was already wanting to hit the sack.

She lay on her back and reached for her phone, she paused when she noticed Chanyeol’s messages.

“Right, that Dragon thing.” She murmured as she opened his messages, there was a photo of him and a familiar looking lady.

“This was an hour ago, at the red carpet.” She murmured as she read his texts.

Hey, so apparently, I got abandoned by my wife. It was suggested that I take Haneul with me, to give her exposure and all that. You still remember, me right?

She snorted before typing in a quick reply.

Just got back at the hotel, today was boring. And yes, I can still remember you. Kinda.

She grabbed her laptop and proceeded to watch the awards show live while scanning some articles, her brows went up when she saw some of the red carpet photos of celebrities and other big names.

“Okay, now I feel bad.” She murmured under her breath, and then a photo of Chanyeol and the actress appeared.

She smiled before getting her phone again.

Oh, now I remember you! I helped pick out that suit.

Chanyeol replied with a straight faced emoji, Minae examined the phot again, she tilted her head as she looked at Haneul’s dress. She was wearing a sequined silver dress, it was long sleeved, and bared most of her chest. Except her s.

I skipped the event. Already on my way to join the guys. Call you later?

Minae sent back a thumbs up emoji before checking her emails.

 

 

“Whoa, whoa, I can’t believe this.” Jinah commented as she looked at the screen, they were at Jongdae’s house, enjoying some late night drinks and pizza.

“Chanyeol just called, he said he’ll be here in a few.” Baekhyun said as he strolled in the living room, where he found his girlfriend angrily stabbing one finger at the direction on the TV screen.

“What’s wrong, baby?” Baekhyun was amused as he sat down beside her, Jinah made him look at the screen.

“What~”

“Are we watching adult films tonight? Isn’t that a little too~” Jongdae halted as he realized what he was looking at.

“I mean, I get it. He probably did take her with him for work, so that people would pay attention to her because she arrived with the SM boss.” Jinah spoke as Chanyeol walked with Haneul in his arm, the media went crazy as they took photos of them, although it was pretty obvious that they were confused at first when they realized it wasn’t Minae beside him.

“But, dressing like that at a formal event?”

“She’s probably..Well, its probably for press. I mean, any press is good press, right?” Baekhyun asked as he leaned back on his seat, Jinah took a bit of his pizza slice.

“She’s wearing that, when she knows she’s going with her boss. Plus, the boss is a married man.”

“Ya, it’s a public event.” Jongdae reasoned as he sat down on the other couch.

“Still, look. Her ies are out on national TV.”

“Just spit it out, you don’t like her.” Baekhyun chuckled as he decided to change the channel, Jinah rolled her eyes at the male.

“Of course, I don’t. I have a bad feeling about her. And her ies.”

“Jinah,” Jongdae sighed, Baekhyun shook his head and playfully mussed her hair.

“I feel like I have to protect Chanyeol from her. The ies.”

 

 

Minae puffed her cheeks as she was led inside a private dining hall, her secretary handed her phone back to her as soon as they got inside.

“You have a meeting with BN Group this Thursday, ma’am.”

“Okay, can you have their profile forwarded to me by tomorrow then?”

“Oh, will you be heading to the office after landing?”

“Yes, I still have to check on the undertaking.” She said just as the doors opened again and the GM Daewoo president and his son strolled in. Minae smiled in greeting.

“Sorry to keep you waiting, vice president. We were stuck in traffic.”

“You don’t have to worry, even president Park has not arrived yet.” She said amiably as she shook both of the males’ hands.

“Ah, right, I met your father a few months ago. He spoke highly of you, vice president.” The elder said as he sat down, Jin glanced at his father briefly.

“Yes, well, he did train me well.” She said as she took her seat, Mr. Kim smiled and nodded.

“I was thinking your mother would be joining us, is she out of town still?”

Minae paused, a little confused.

“You mean, my mother-in-law? Yes, she didn’t join us. Eommonim flew to Hong Kong with some of her friends.”

Jin started to grow amused, his father had no clue who the girl really was, and how she was connected to the Park family.

“Your mother-in-law? I didn’t know Junseon’s daughter got married.” The GM Daewoo president turned to his assistant, Minae shook her head.

“Uhm, president Kim, I’m not his daughter. I married his son, so, I’m the family’s daughter-in-law.” She explained, the elder blinked, trying to process that.

“Ah, I always did assume you were his daughter. I never heard about a son.” He said with a sheepish grin.

“Please excuse my father, vice president. He isn’t the most attentive type.” Jin said jokingly, Minae shook her head.

“It’s alright. It’s nice to meet you again, sir.”

“So, you married his only son? What was his name again?” The elder pressed on, Jin leaned back on his chair, his eyes were still on the girl.

“Chanyeol.”

“Where is he now? How did you end up being the ShinHan big boss?” He said jokingly.

“He has his own company, president. We try to split up the work as much as we can.” She nodded, Jin looked away.

That’s not it. You’re forced to run ShinHan for him.

Minae was about to continue when Chanyeol’s father arrived and they all started talking about work.

 

 

“How did the talk with GM Daewoo go, ma’am?”

Minae looked up from her laptop just as he secretary took his seat across her, the two were at a members-only lounge in the airport.

“Abeonim was there with me, they were discussing terms, and apparently they want to open this new plant in Busan by next year.” She said as she took her phone and checked her messages.

“Ah, so you met their new second-in-command?”

“Ah, the son? Kim Seokjin?” She asked, the male nodded.

“From rumors, I heard that he would be taking over in a few weeks.”

“I heard about that too, by the way, how did event thing go? I saw articles this morning.” Minae said as she handed her phone to the male, he paused and checked the photos before him.

“Apparently, people are thinking that Chanyeol and I have broken up or..our marriage is in the rocks.” She murmured, her forehead creased.

“I read them earlier, I got a call from mister Park’s office. They said they’re already taking care of it.”

Minae sighed and shook her head.

“I don’t get it, just because I wasn’t his date at a public event, and now we’re broken up? Is that really how the industry works?” She murmured as she shut her laptop, it was pretty clear that young executive was annoyed.

“Maybe, they were just expecting to see you, ma’am. I mean, you and mister Park have always been very open with your relationship. They’re not used to seeing him with other women.”

“I’m worried this might affect him, I mean, people can talk about me all they want. And it doesn’t bother me, but Chanyeol..hates these things.” She said, she was about to stand from her seat when a familiar figure walked in the lounge.

“Director Kim,” Minae said with a polite smile as the male took the booth across theirs, her secretary gave him a quick bow.

“We’re on the same flight, I assume?” Jin asked as he settled down and stashed his passport back in his coat pocket.

“Probably, yes.”

“I hope my father didn’t bore you out last night. And, I never knew that he wasn’t aware of your relationship with the Parks. I have to apologize for that.”

Minae chuckled and shook her head.

“It’s fine. I get that a lot, director Kim.”

“Ah, right, maybe it’s better if you call me by my name since~” Jin paused when the girl’s phone started to ring, he looked at the screen and read the caller’s name.

Chanyeol

“I have to take this, enjoy your coffee, director Kim.” Minae said with a small smile as she stood up with her phone in hand. He leaned back on his seat and watched as the girl walked away from him.

Minae’s secretary glanced at the male briefly, his brows went up before taking out his laptop. His lips quirked up in amusement, a lot of men had tried doing what the GM Daewoo heir was doing.

“Vice president tends to be really busy especially when she’s out of town, sir.” He said, Jin looked at him nodded back.

“I noticed that.”

“However, she will always drop everything for mister Park.”

Jin looked at him curiously, but the male just shrugged back.

“How does she do it? Being on top of her game?” Jin asked, the male chuckled and leaned back on his seat, he looked at his boss again. Minae was still on the phone with her husband, she was smiling now. Loey was probably joking over the phone, telling her not worry about the articles.

 

“Beauty and brains. Just that.”

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++