034

Loey's Wife

 

“I know it’s abrupt, abeoji. I know I should have talked about it with you, but I had to move fast.” Minae said to the elder before her, the male nodded back.

“How did you find out about all this? Surely, your aunt would never send those documents for you to see.”

It was about two hours ago when Min’s office at Jung Oil Group released a statement regarding her takeover. She has simply stated the truth, had copies of the legal documents made public and details about her were also released.

“Actually, it was..Chanyeol, abeoji.” She said carefully, the man paused at the mention of his son.

“He was the one who looked into it, and then he informed me. It didn’t really bother me at first, I mean, I don’t want any more trouble from them.”

“But, why?”

“I…realized that I missed my grandfather so much.” She said with a small smile, the elder nodded back.

“I have nothing against this, Minae. In fact, I am happy for you. Your family has been very…harsh on you, it’s time you show them what you can really do.” He said as he reached out to pat her hand.

“I know, I would have never known if it weren’t for Chanyeol.” She said, and then her phone buzzed in her coat pocket, she discreetly took it out.

“Well, my son has learned to be responsible after meeting you.” He nodded back, Minae looked at her phone’s screen.

Please tell me you didn’t forget about tonight. – Loey

I did. What is it?

Bowling for a cause. Should I send someone to pick you up? –Loey

She was about to type in another reply, but he sent another message.

Wow, thanks for actually listening to me while I was reminding you this morning. –Loey

She grinned before typing.

I’ll be there. Sorry.

Dress comfortably. –Loey

I’ll probably steal another hoodie from your wardrobe.

Chanyeol replied with a set of kissy face emojis and she put her phone away.

 

 

Haneul fixed her hair while checking her reflection, her manager was with her inside the room.

“You’re going bowling with full make up on, what’s wrong with you?” He sighed at her.

“Oppa, the president’s going to be there.” She smiled as she sat down, her manager looked at her and shook his head.

“Haneul-ah, why can’t you just go for other men? Men who aren’t married yet.”

“Why? One should always have eyes on the big prize. In this case,” She turned to face him and crossed her legs.

“It’s Park Chanyeol. Young president of SM Entertainment and next in line for ShinHan Banking Group.” She enumerated, the male scratched the back of his head.

“Ya, think about it. What you’re trying to do, you are destroying a happy home. A happy couple.” He said softly, but the girl shook her head.

“Happy? She basically lets him be, oppa. She never gets involved, she never talks about him whenever she’s interviewed or awarded. Her focus is only on her. The president needs someone who can cherish him.”

“Whoa, you’re talking as if you really like him, good one.” He muttered, the girl exhaled and looked at her nail beds.

“What if I do, oppa?”

The male halted, his eyes went to her, Haneul looked away from him and crossed her arms.

“Haneul-ah, don’t be like this.”

“I want him, oppa. And it’s not because of his money or~”

“Stop this. You’ll only get hurt, the president..he only has eyes for his wife. Everyone can see that.”

“Then, I’ll make him look at me.”

 

 

“Are you sure you don’t want to join us?” Min asked as she slipped out of her pencil skirt and searched for a pair of decent leggings. Jinah was seated on the divan situated in the middle of her closet.

“I would love to, but I’m too lazy. And, it’s movie night.” She said, Minae nodded, she padded out of the room, still in her bra and leggings, Jinah blinked in confusion.

“Does she walk around like that with him around too? I am starting to not understand these two.”

“Hey, so, you were saying?” Minae returned, she was in the process of pulling the hoodie down to her thighs.

“No, no, darling, you are not wearing that to your husband’s company event.” She stated, she felt offended at the sight of Min in leggings and one of Chanyeol’s overpriced luxury hoodies. She took note how the girl seemed to be used to wearing his clothes, she grinned.

“Jinah, we’re going bowling~”

“I don’t care.” She said as she stood up and rubbed her palms together, she walked around the girl’s closet, Minae sighed and plopped down on the divan.

“Right, I have to talk to you about something. And, I know you asked me to drop this, but nope. Not gonna.” She said as she pulled out a pair of nicely distressed skinny jeans, Jinah recognized them and knew how the pair hugged her friend’s curves nicely.

“A few..days ago, I found out something..startling, Min.” She fibbed, Minae looked up from her phone.

“What? Give me that.” She asked for the jeans, Jinah tossed them to her and the girl took off her leggings.

“I heard about Chanyeol losing his over the flowers at your office, so, I got curious. I thought the guys were pranking you.” She said lightly, Minae smiled and shook her head.

“Min, the person sending those everyday, is just close by.”

“What?” She zipped up her jeans, Jinah swallowed, her palm landed on an Alexander Wang turtleneck that had a cutout on the chest.

“Close by?”

“I checked on it, it’s one of your partners in the business. GM Daewoo’s son. Kim Seokjin.” She spoke, Minae spun around to look at her and in that moment, Jinah knew that her friend had believed her. She mentally sighed in relief.

“R—Really?”

“I checked twice, Min.” She sighed before handing her the top, Minae quickly put it on and blinked at her She pointed towards her chest.

“Well, a little cleavage never killed anybody.”

“Jinah~”

“Chanyeol’s a guy. I’m sure of it.” Jinah shrugged back, Minae groaned before taking out her phone.

“Where are you going?” She asked as Minae picked up her coat and purse.

“I’m running late. I have to go, do you want me to drop you off?” She asked her as they headed down.

“No, Baekhyun’s coming to pick me up.”

“Good, thanks for helping me out with the clothes, I guess?” She shook her head as she put on her coat. Jinah chuckled.

“But, think about it, okay? At least, have your people look into it. That Seokjin guy might be dangerous.” She said softly as Minae headed for the front doors, Minae looked at her, she didn’t comment but gave her a small nod before rushing to the waiting car.

 

 

Minae walked in the bowling alley, her eyes searched the lanes, unaware of the amount of stares she was getting. She could recognize some of the SM artists enjoying and chatting with one another. She was a bothered with what Jinah had just told her, it didn’t seem possible. But, now that she was thinking of him, Seokjin was quite different. Her lips thinned, she saw Taeyong and Johnny waving at her, she smiled back at the boys.

And then she saw Chanyeol, he was sitting in a booth, he was speaking with someone, she recognized Haneul across him. The girl was laughing along as Chanyeol spoke to her, Minae’s brows rose, she was about to step back when a pair of very familiar dark orbs met hers.

“Min, hi.” Chanyeol broke into a smile as he slid down from the booth and walked towards her, Minae looked at him, really looked at him. He was dressed in a pair of black Adidas sweatpants and a white long-sleeved shirt that accentuated his lean frame very well. Minae’s fingers curled around the strap of her purse tightly.

“Was traffic bad? Are you cold?” Chanyeol asked as he reached her, he rubbed her arms repeatedly, she shook her head at him.

“No, no, I asked driver Cha to drop me off.” She replied distractedly, Chanyeol paused and looked at her.

“Min, is something~”

She jumped when as she heard the sound of the bowling ball hitting the pins, her eyes went to the lanes again, Chanyeol followed her gaze.

“Minae-yah, are you~”

Minae looked at him again, she wanted to hide behind him. She wanted Chanyeol to protect her from Jin. She didn’t like the fact the she was receiving flowers from him. She panicked, she felt Chanyeol let go of her.

No.

“Hey, are you okay? Do you feel~”

Minae shook her head, and then she planted her palms on both of his shoulders and pushed herself up to press her lips against his. Chanyeol stilled, but he planted one arm around her and started kissing her back.

Minae pulled away from him, her eyes were elsewhere.

“Hi.” She said, a little breathless. Chanyeol smiled and raised one brow at her.

“I—I’ll go order some food. Sorry.” She smiled as she gently wiped her lipstick off the side of his lips before walking away from him.

You idiot. What have you done?

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++