006

Loey's Wife

“So, this is the venue?” Chanyeol looked up from the iPad, his secretary gave him a quick nod.

“Yes, the first one has the capacity for two thousand people and the other one, it’s in Hongdae, it can accommodate about three thousand.”

Chanyeol leaned back on his seat and nodded.

“Should I set up a meeting with the PR team for this, sir?”

“Yes, please. And,”

“Yes, sir?”

“Can you call Min’s office and check if she’s in? I’ve been trying to reach her but she isn’t picking up.”

“Yes, I will call her assistant.”

He nodded and dismissed the male, Chanyeol glanced at his watch and looked at his laptop. A few articles had popped up online, talking about his marriage and how most people have no idea regarding Minae’s background, except for the fact that she had met Chanyeol during their university days.

And it didn’t sit well with him. He didn’t like it when people started talking about Minae, she had to protected. He had to shield her from all this.

“Sir, it seems that the samonim is in a meeting, and she~”

“Tell them I’ll be coming over.” Chanyeol stood up from his desk, he grabbed his coat and keys before heading out of the room.

“Yes, sir.” His secretary nodded, he looked at his phone again and read the gossip articles.

“He must have seen it. This wont sit well with him.”

 

 

“Yes, sure. I’ll have someone send the documents over.” Minae said as she stepped out of the conference room with the two managing head of Han Oil Industries.

“We’ll be anticipating for it, vice president. It’s nice to finally see you face to face.” The elder man shook her hand.

“Yes, same here. I’ll see you at the next meeting.” Minae said as she walked them to the elevator, she noticed her secretary walking after her, she glanced back and raised her brows at him.

She waited for the two males to get in the elevator before turning to him, he was holding onto his phone.

“Vice president, I just got a call from the young master,”

“Oh, right.” She nodded back as he walked with her, she took out her phone from her pocket and saw Chanyeol’s missed calls.

“He said he’s on his way here, he wants to see you.”

“Oh, alright. Is he okay?” Minae was confused, Chanyeol rarely dropped by the company and he avoided any interaction with ShinHan at all.

“Yes, he just asks if you could come down.”

“I’ll be down. Can you reschedule my lunch with manager Hong? Chanyeol will probably want to eat together.”

“Yes, of course.” He replied, Minae got in one of the elevators, her secretary shook his head.

“She hasn’t seen them yet; he’ll get angry again.”

 

 

“I don’t get them. What do they want?”

Baekhyun looked up from his desk, Jinah was lounging on the couch, she was on her phone. And from the frown that was forming on her face, he knew the rumors about Minae bothered his girlfriend.

“Why? Are they not down yet?” He asked her.

“No, some were even commenting that Chanyeol probably met her at a club and you know, got her pregnant.” She rolled her eyes before setting her phone down.

“Pregnant? They’ve been married for three years.” Baekhyun was amused, he shut his laptop close and walked towards her.

“It’s….When they start talking about her, I worry that they might find out, you know. You were there, you know what happened.” Jinah murmured, Baekhyun nodded and sat down beside her.

“She’s my best friend, Baek. I don’t want to see…I don’t her to be reminded of those people again.”

“Why? Do you think her relatives are behind this?” Baekhyun asked as he took her hand in his, Jinah pursed her lips before speaking.

“There’s an article talking about how Minae might have come from a prominent family. And it also speculates that she’s an illegitimate child.”

“She’s not illegitimate, her parents got married.” Baekhyun said softly, Jinah nodded.

“Chanyeol will flip once he sees this.” She said to him.

“He probably has people working on it already. He hates stuff like this.”

“He’s..always been protective of her, huh? I mean, even way before things got..complicated.”

Baekhyun smiled and nodded.

“That’s why I’m worried, Chanyeol has been putting up with his so called in-laws for a while now, what if he loses it and fight back?”

“What do you mean?”

“Minae’s family..they wont be able to survive an attack from him.”

 

 

“Why are they still up?” Chanyeol snapped, he was leaning against his Mercedes Benz sedan which was parked at the company’s curb.

“I know, you told me that five minutes ago, and yet I am still seeing our photos all over the Internet!”

He exhaled and ran his fingers through his hair in frustration.

“I want them gone before noon. Or else, tell them I will be pressing charges. If they wont budge,” Chanyeol looked up, his eyes went to his eyes went to the logo of his family’s company.

“ShinHan will be coming for them.” He put his phone back in his jean pocket.

“What’s this? Grumpy from the Seven Dwarves would be impressed.” Minae was walking towards him, she had her arms crossed against the cold.

“Meeting’s over?” He asked as he shook off his sweater and draped it around her.

“Yeah, is something wrong? You called numerous times.”

“I—It’s nothing, I was just wondering if you already ate.” Chanyeol asked her, she grinned and shook her head.

“Can we get grilled meat? I feel drained and I want to eat..lots.” She said to him, Chanyeol laughed and nodded, he paused when he saw a group of paparazzi standing across them, they were shamelessly taking photos.

“Should we go that place? The one near campus?” He asked her, his brows furrowed briefly before opening his arms to the girl.

“You’re here because of the articles, huh?” She asked as she went into his arms, Chanyeol stilled.

“Minae, I..I already~”

“I know, Loey. It’s fine. Nothing I can’t handle.”

“Minae, what if they start asking again? They will talk about your family.” Chanyeol said carefully as he wrapped his arms around her.

“It’s inevitable, Chanyeol. They already have an idea who my father is. It wont take them long to figure it all out. I can’t exactly hide who I am, right?” She asked, she pulled away to meet his gaze.

“Even us? What if they figure out all about us?” Chanyeol asked, Minae shook her head.

“That, they probably wont ever figure out.” She nodded, he grinned and raised his eyebrows at her, asking for permission.

Minae gave him a small nod, and he leaned down to press his lips against hers.

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++