036

Loey's Wife

 

Minae exhaled as she heard the doors close behind her, she turned and found her secretary looking around, while Chanyeol had a small thoughtful grin on his face.

“You’re here. Finally.” He spoke as he walked towards her, Minae her lips before nodding back.

“Do you know this place?” She spoke, Chanyeol shook his head at her, a little confused.

“I spent quite a lot of time in this very room growing up.” She murmured as she walked towards the huge desk that was just right across the floor length windows.

“Min~”

“This was my father’s office.” She said as she placed her palm over the desk, she let out a shaky breath.

“This was his seat. This was his position. Everything.” She looked upwards to prevent her tears from falling, Chanyeol gestured for her secretary to step out.

“I’m sure he’s looking at you now, with a proud smile of his face.” Chanyeol said as he approached her, Minae exhaled, she faced him and leaned back against the table.

“He probably wont like the way I did it, you know.”

“What are you saying?” He said softly as he stood before her.

“I marched in here, without warning and took over without putting any serious thought in it. He wont like that.”

“I don’t think so. You only claimed what’s yours, Min. There’s nothing wrong about that.”

“Did mention how I did it too? I used you to get here, Loey. I’m sure my father wont be so proud of that.” She pointed out as she brushed the tears off her cheeks. Chanyeol smiled, he tugged on her arm and pulled the girl to him.

“If you let me, I can give you everything.” He said before kissing the top of her head.

 

 

“How is she holding up?” Baekhyun asked as he sat across his friend, they had just left the meeting for SM’s stockholders. Byun Baekhyun was one of the largest stockholders, more like Chanyeol asked him to join them because everyone was “boring” and he needed his friend to be there during meetings.

“She spends the first half of her day at Jung Oil, then the rest with ShinHan. Eomma mentioned how she didn’t really have to spend time at ShinHan anymore because everything’s running perfectly after Min cleaned up the company, but she insists to go.”

“You gotta hand it to her, Minae really is a genius.” Baekhyun nodded as they walked in Chanyeol’s office, the latter nodded.

“A ing miracle.” He murmured before plopping down on the leather couch.

Baekhyun paused, he slowly took the seat across his friend and crossed his legs.

“What’s wrong?”

“It’s nothing~”

“It’s not nothing, Park Chanyeol. Something’s bothering you. And I think I know what, or who.” He mused as he leaned back.

“You heard me, Min’s fine, everthing is~”

“I’m not talking about her, it’s that GM Daewoo person, huh?” Baekhyun smirked, Chanyeol’s forehead furrowed.

“What do you plan to do? Wipe him out?” 

“No. I…I think Min should…decide on it, or I mean, he’s her…” Chanyeol trailed off, his brows were knitted together.

“You didn’t tell her? She doesn’t know that you know?” Baekhyun was confused.

“What for? It’s not like I can tell her to kick him out our something, his family’s company is a ShinHan client and~”

“You can tell her, you idiot. Right after you explain to her that you want her to stay. Not just as your pretend wife but as someone you genuinely have feelings for.”

Chanyeol remained quiet.

 

 

Minae nodded along as the branch manager spoke, she was in a conference with the managers from ShinHan’s Seoul branches.

“It might be a bit of a hassle on both sides, but is to help tighten our security with our internet banking services.”

“How long will this take? And, the test run?” She spoke as she drummed her fingers on her lap.

“A maximum of six weeks, ma’am.”

She chewed on her lower lip, she could feel a headache coming, she had been tossing back and forth between two companies for a few days and she hated to admit it, but it has taken a toll on her.

“Submit a proposal to my office, I’ll review it before giving a go signal, and,”

All eyes were on her, listening attentively.

“I need someone to handle the GM Daewoo account alongside with director Nam.”

“I thought you were the one handling them, ma’am.”

“I was, but there have been changes and my plate’s quite full now. So, who’s up for it?” She asked, she took out her phone and realized the time. She typed in a quick text before looking up.

Halbae? -Min

“We’ll discuss it amongst ourselves and inform you, vice president.”

“Okay, I’ll leave that up to you, then, this meeting’s over. Thank you for being here.” She smiled as she stood up, she felt her phone vibrate.

I’ll follow you there. Give me twenty. -Loey

She picked up her purse before typing a reply.

Thirty. Please grab food on the way. -Min

Minae dismissed her secretary and got inside the elevator, she leaned back on the walls and waited for him to text back.

Got it. Veggie chips and a green shake? -Loey

Duck you. -Min

He replied with multiple laughing emojis and she tucked her phone back in her purse.  

 

 

Minae took a deep breath before stepping thru the doors, she was welcomed by her grandfather’s staff warmly as she walked in.

“I’m sorry for coming by unannounced, there’s been..a lot going on, ahjumma.”

“It’s fine, it’s fine. Your grandfather is waiting in the study, his nurse is also there with him. Did you come alone? Your husband?”

“Chanyeol’s on his way, he’ll be here in a bit.” She nodded back, her eyes wandered around the house as she was led to the study. It had been long, way too long. She could barely remember running around the house, all she could recall was her late grandmother cooking for them, and she had taught Min how to play the piano.

The doors were opened before her and the lady encouraged her to step in, Minae chewed on the insides of her cheek as she approached the elder who was sitting by the windows.

“Chairman Park, you have a guest.” The nurse gave her a wink as she turned the wheelchair in Min’s direction. Minae puffed her cheeks as she knelt down to meet the elder’s gaze.

“H—Halbae, I’m home.” She said, her voice shaking, the elder looked at her and he slowly tilted his head, as if he was placing where he had seen her before her.

“It’s Min~”

“Minae.” He suddenly said, Minae couldn’t help but nod and let her tears fall.

“Why did you come home so late? I’ve been waiting for you.” He said as he cupped both of her cheeks, Minae bit her lower lip, she didn’t want to become a crying mess in front of her grandfather.

“How’s school? You’re not even in your uniform. Did you cut class again?” He chided, but his tone was light. Playful, even.

Minae smiled and placed her hands on top of his.

“I got married, halbae. I’m working now.”

“Oh, r—really?” He paused, his forehead creased briefly but then he started smiling again.

“Then, I’d like to meet the lucky man. Are you staying for dinner? I will ask them to prepare your room.”

Minae nodded back, the elder chuckled and kissed the top of her head.

“Welcome home, Minae. I’m glad you’re finally here.”

“Who allowed her here?” A shrilly voice made her pause, Min stood up and turned, she found her aunt along with her cousin rushing towards them.

“First you take the company and now you want to involve your grandfather?” Her aunt, Eunhye yelled at her.

“I only came to visit. And I did not take the company,” She said flatly.

“Look at you now, acting all high and mighty. Don’t forget how you got to your place, you brat!”

“Eunhye-ah.” The Jung elder spoke, but his daughter eyed him with disdain.

“Same goes for you appa, how could you welcome her back?! You have done nothing but to cause us problems~”

“Aunt!” Minae snapped, but Aera snorted at her.

“Watch your actions, cousin. Don’t forget, you only got Jung Oil because you spread your legs for that~”

“Stop it.” Chanyeol’s voice boomed from the doorway, the two women paused as he stood before Minae, covering their view of her.

Min looked away, her fists curled tightly.

“Please stop using that against my wife. I was the one who asked her to marry me, I was the one who pursued her.”

“And, she only took what’s rightfully hers. You’re the one who has been taking from her, not the other way around. Please don’t forget that.” He said flatly, the nurse discreetly wheeled the elder away, but he stopped her.

“What did you say? Ya, stay out of this, you good for nothing, son-in-law.” Aera mocked him.

Minae’s brows rose.

“You can call me that, but not once did I claim things that weren’t mine.” Chanyeol’s reply was icy, and then Jung Eunhye struck him across the cheek.

“Say it again. I dare you.”  She challenged him, Minae moved forward, she saw how the woman’s nails had scratched his cheek.

“Say it.” Minae spoke, Chanyeol looked at her, stunned.

“Say it.” She repeated as she put her palms forward and pushed the lady. Eunhye staggered back.

“Say it.” Minae’s eyes were cold and empty, Chanyeol looked on as the girl pushed her again.

“Say it!” Minae yelled, Aera was about to move forward but Chanyeol’s secretary blocked her.

“Say it. Call him that again.” Minae pushed again, this time with more force that it caused her aunt to tumble down the marble floor.

“You’ve taken too much from me. And I let you. I would have let it slide, but laying your hands on him?” Minae stepped forward, her aunt froze as the girl towered over her.

“Minae, don’t you dare hurt her my mother.”

“ you and your fake s, Aera.” Minae hissed without looking at her.

“I never did anything to you. I’ve always let you be, but it stops now.” Minae took another step forward, the heel of her shoes was just centimeters away from the lady’s fingers.

“Touch him again, and I will really take everything away from you.”

 

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++