030

Loey's Wife

Min checked her reflection as she stood before the floor length mirror in her closet, she was dressed in a black tuxedo dress that rested two inches above her knees and on her feet were a pair of black and gold Loboutin pumps.

She let out a breath before putting her Rolex on and heading out of the room, she could already hear Chanyeol moving around in the kitchen.

“Min?” He called out as he heard Toben rush to the stairs.

“You’re up early.” She commented as she reached the kitchen with Toben already nestled in her arms.

“I have to be at a MV shoot this morning, I want to see how NCT is doing.” He said as he turned to face her, he paused shortly.

“You’re all dolled up. Should I be worried?” He asked jokingly, but then he smiled as he saw the matching wristwatch he got her last year.

“I just felt like it,” She shrugged before sitting down on one of the stools. Chanyeol poured her a cup of coffee.

“Hey, can I take Rolls today? I don’t feel like driving.” She asked him.

“Sure, which one?”

Min blinked, her fingers curled around her mug before speaking.

“We have two?”

“Three.” Chanyeol replied, now he was more confused.

“I didn’t know that.” She scratched the back of her head, Chanyeol chuckled and set the plate of waffles before the girl.

“Take the Phantom, since you’re going with the driver. Now,” He said as he walked over to her.

“I have to head out first. See later?” He asked, Minae nodded as Chanyeol kissed the side of her head, he gave Toben a pat on the head before leaving the house.

Minae sighed as she picked up her fork.

“This is something I must do alone.”

 

 

Chanyeol watched as the boys started their choreography, they were shooting outdoors and that irked him a little. He didn’t like being cold.

He stood up from his seat and started to walk around the shoot, the staff were milling about, doing final checks for the boys’ wardrobe and makeup. The lighting team was worried about the snow outside, but all seems to be working well.

Chanyeol walked towards the coffee truck and asked for a cup, he took out his phone while waiting.

“Sir,”

He glanced at his secretary as the male joined him.

“The shoot is going well.”

“I know, that’s good. It’s getting a little too cold, they might catch a cold.” He said as he listlessly opened the Gallery icon. And then he halted, he searched for the screenshot he took a few days ago.

“Should I get you anything to eat, president?”

“N—No, I’m good. You eat first.” He waved him off before walking away from the crowd, and then he found the photo he was looking for.

“Last five digits. 97979.” He murmured as he zoomed in on the screenshot phot. Chanyeol halted, the numbers on Minae’s phone started to come back to him.

Director Kim Seokjin (GM Daewoo)

“It’s him.” He halted, he turned to his secretary again.

“Can…Can you look into someone for me?” Chanyeol asked him, his tone flat.

“Yes, sir. Who is it?”

“GM Daewoo’s director. The president’s son. Look into him.” He said before turning his back to the male and getting inside his car, his secretary watched in confusion as the Mercedes Benz Wagon sped out of the parking lot.

 

 

The black Rolls Royce Phantom pulled to a slow stop right at Jung Oil Group’s curb, the security and valet personnel glanced at each other skeptically.

A male in a dark suit slid down from the front seat, and opened the door for the passenger. A young lady dressed in a long Gucci coat slid down and walked straight towards the door. Her face was framed in a pair of oversized sunglasses, people glanced at her as she passed by, she reached the sliding doors and entered the lobby.

Minae paused, she slowly took off her sunglasses and looked around her. She hadn’t been in the company for almost ten years. She didn’t notice how the employees were staring at her in awe, and how they made way for her as she walked.

She set her jaw tight as she and her secretary got inside the elevator.

“How are things?” She spoke as the doors closed, her secretary smiled as he checked his phone.

“Everything will go smoothly, ma’am. Would you like me to contact the young master?”

She paused, her fingers curled over the strap of her purse.

“No.” The doors opened as she stepped out, they arrived at the hall and she was led to a familiar set of wooden doors. Minae exhaled, she shook off her coat and her secretary took it from her.

I must be crazy.

The doors were opened and she walked in the room, unannounced. The first thing she saw was Aera’s shocked face, followed by her aunt’s reaction.

The directors of Jung Oil Group stood up the moment they recognized her, her face always had power in the company, being the only child of the eldest son gave her that privilege.

“What are you doing here?” Her aunt, Eunhye stood up from her seat.

“Do I really have to state the obvious?” She said, then to the other directors, she smiled before speaking.

“Good morning, directors.”

They all smiled back at her and said their greetings, she could feel her cousin glaring at her. And then Minae took the seat at the head of the table, her grandfather’s seat. Now, her seat.

“Don’t you dare sit there!” Her aunt yelled at her, she was growing hysterical.

“Knowing you, aunt, you’re not the type to check your emails, that’s why you look so surprised to see me here.”

“You aren’t even supposed to be here. We already compensated you. Get out!”

Minae leaned back on her seat, she crossed her legs and her fingers drummed on her lap.

“Security! Security! Get her out of here!” She started yelling, her daughter, Aera was in the process of checking her phone. Four males walked in the room and Min’s secretary grew a little antsy. If these men ever laid their hands on his boss, her husband would surely be livid.

“You have no right to be here. You aren’t part of this family!” She yelled again, the guards paused, they stood behind Min’s chair, it was clear on their faces that they were unsure what to do. And then her aunt started to walk towards her, Min’s lips quirked up then a document started to appear on the screen, the people in the room turned their gazes on it.

“Have a look, everybody.” She hummed, Eunhye stopped on her tracks. It was they very document that she had been hiding for years now. The document that showed how Minae had inherited one thirds of the company, she gasped as another document appeared. The Jung patriarch’s will.

“There was an announcement released last night regarding my new position in the company. That’s probably why the other directors weren’t as surprised to see me here.”

Minae spoke from her seat, her aunt let out shaky breath, her cold and empty eyes were on the girl.

“You!” She started screaming as she lunged for her, but the guards blocked her path. The lady was stunned, she had never been stopped by their men.

“Move! Do you know who I am? That girl doesn’t belong here. She’s lying!”

“Director, please step away from the president.” One of them spoke, Minae smiled at her aunt from her seat.

“What? P—President?”

“President Jung’s safety is our primary concern now, director. Please take your seat or we will have to you out.”

“So, can we start the meeting?” Minae turned her head away from her and faced the directors, she saw Aera run out of the room, she smiled to herself before looking at the screen again.

 

 

“What? Where?” Chanyeol was stunned, he was on the phone with their driver. Min wasn’t picking up any of his calls.

“Yes, sir. We are still at Jung Oil Group’s main office. The samonim asked to be driven here earlier. We haven’t left yet.”

“Okay. I’ll be there. You can go.” He said as he shifted lanes and took U turn, Chanyeol exhaled as he stepped on the gas.

“What is she doing there?” He blurted out loud, worry masked his face as he reached the familiar district. And then the Jung Oil building appeared in sight, he reached the curb and slid down from the car.

Chanyeol ran his fingers through his hair as he entered the building, he reached the lobby and stopped when he heard someone shouting.

“You ungrateful brat!” It was Minae’s aunt, Chanyeol looked at the scene before him. There were four men shielding Minae as her aunt and cousin stood across her. Minae’s secretary stood behind her, holding onto her coat.

“You should be thankful, aunt. I didn’t decide to lay you off.”

“What? Lay me off? You’re just here to take advantage of your grandfather!”

“Me? How about we talk about what you’ve been doing to halbae all this years? The neglect? That abuse?” She yelled back, Chanyeol was stunned.

Aera started to step forward, she was pointing at Minae’s face in a rude manner, but the guards politely moved forward, preventing her from reaching the younger girl.

“You want to use that card now? How about your father? Would you like to discuss why he killed himself?” She shot back, the lobby turned eerily quiet. Chanyeol looked at his wife, he noticed how her fingers were shaking. It was then he decided to step forward.

“I didn’t know I was supposed to pick you up here.” He said in a neutral tone as he stood before the girl, covering their view of her. Minae’s eyes widened as she saw him, Chanyeol gently took her hand in his.

“Chanyeol, I~”

He turned his head to the side, the guards broke away.

“You! Get your delusional wife~”

“Shouldn’t you be thanking her?” Chanyeol spoke as he faced them, Minae’s hand on his felt cold and clammy.

“Thank her for what? She’s here to~”

“Right now, she’s the only one holding me back from calling the police on you.” He said conversationally, he was smiling but his eyes told a different story.

“Abusing not just her but also an elderly person.” He chuckled, Aera winced and looked away.

“You can’t prove that. You’re just like her, you don’t know how to run a~”

“I don’t need the police to put you in jail, Mrs. Shim. In case you forgot,” Chanyeol took one step forward, the two women stepped back.

“My wife is ShinHan now. She can make you disappear if she wants to.”

 

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++