042

Loey's Wife

 

Min exhaled as she leaned back on her seat, her aunt was yapping off and the other directors seemed disturbed by it.

“You all are really going to let this girl~”

“With all due respect, ma’am. She is not just some girl, Mrs. Park is currently the vice president of the company.” Her secretary spoke, his tone measured but polite.

“She’s only here because she stole legal documents from my family.”

“You mean our family. I’m a Jung too, you know.” Minae spoke, the directors turned to look at her.

“And, I never stole them. I simply made them public, how they should be.” She stated as she sat up, Aera was eyeing her with disdain.

“Directors, I’m not going to deny it. The past few days have been rough on me and my husband, but I assure you, those are all lies. Some people are after him, my aunt and cousin are after me, it’s only natural for us to be involved in something like that.” She said bluntly, Aera scoffed at her.

“I’m not going to fight them, I will let you all vote. Do you want me out of this company or would you want me to stay? Because unlike others, I have other companies to manage too.” She smiled and raised one brow at her cousin.

“I’m not going to brag, but before coming here I was already running ShinHan and, my husband also needs help with his other business. So, go ahead.” She said, indirectly challenging her aunt.

“Listen to you, showing off just because your husband~”

“Drag him into this, and I will literally have you banned from entering the company.” She snapped, her aunt paused, realizing that the girl had the power to do it.

“Well, directors?” Minae looked at the other directors.

“We think it’s best for the company to have you here with us, vice president Park. Not only are you qualified for the job, but your grandfather has stated you as his heir. We will be respecting that, despite other allegations.” One of the directors spoke, Minae smiled and thanked him.

“Well, this meeting’s ended.” She said as she stood up and made her way towards the doors but her cousin grabbed her arm.

“You are going overboard, Jung Minae.” She spat at her, Minae chuckled and shook her hand off.

“Oh, right, effective immediately,” She cleared , the directors turned to her.

“Director Shim Aera will be reassigned to our Busan site. Her office will be stationed there as well.” 

Aera gasped and stared at her.

“Y—You can’t do that. I will~”

“I can do that. Because, I’m your boss.” She patted her shoulder before leaving the room, Minae smirked and shook her head as the doors closed behind them.

“Oops.”

 

 

“Son, still, you...hurt another person.” Mrs. Park said as their glasses were filled with wine and water.

“Should I feel remorse? Do I have to?” Chanyeol replied, the Parks were at a reserved dining hall in Apgujeong, Minae was already on her way to join them.

“He has a point, yeobo.” Mr. Park nodded back, his wife sent him a look.

Chanyeol shook his head  and grinned to himself, Mrs. Park glanced at the two before speaking.

“As much as I am glad that you two are getting along now, but on that young man’s expense is a bit...”

“He got admitted to the hospital. Good one, son.”

“You!” Mrs. Park hissed at her husband, Chanyeol chuckled and leaned back on his seat. They heard the doors open and Min was led in by the hostess.

“Sorry for being late, traffic was bad.” She said apologetically as she sat down beside Chanyeol.

“It’s fine, we just also just got here. How’s your new job, darling?” Mrs. Park asked, Chanyeol smiled and placed his hand over hers under the table.

“To be honest, it’s not as...demanding as I thought it would be. But there are still many things I have yet to learn.”

“Wow, was that a pass at me, Minae?” Mr. Park joked, Minae chuckled and shook her head.

“All I’m saying is abeoji is that, it’s a new environment. But I can’t say I don’t miss working with you.” She said, Mr. Park chuckled and called for the waiter to order food.

“How was the meeting?” Chanyeol asked softly.

“Peachy.”

“Peachy?”

“I had Aera relocated. She’ll suit Busan, you know, somewhere far from me. And the city.” She grinned and gave his hand a small squeeze.

“And, I might have threatened my aunt and exposed her to the board. So, that will shut her up. The other directors have their eyes on her now.” 

“Did they say anything?” He asked, his forehead creasing in concern.

“Nope. I had fun.”

“Had fun tormenting them?” He joked back, not minding how his parents were staring at them.

“Of course. That’s why I became Mrs. Park, remember?” She whispered lowly, Chanyeol chuckled and shook his head.

 

 

“You’re an idiot.” Hoseok said as he sat down, Jin adjusted on the bed to meet his cousin’s gaze.

“I told you from the very beginning, hyung. You can’t want a married woman.”

“Hoseok~”

“I mean, even Jungkook pointed out that you would never win this. What those two have is different, and look where that got you.” He pointed out, the older male exhaled.

“You went overboard, Minae was willing to be friends with you, but you assumed that she wanted you to and that’s just wrong.”

“I tried, okay? I tried not to want her.”

“Bold of you to think that you’d win her over that husband of hers. Hyung, think about it, he’s not only heir to a huge banking group, but he’s technically self-made. He took a leap and bought a dying company and built it up again. While other people were talking bad about him, he was even judged for marrying young too.”

“Are you here to wish me well or to make feel bad?” Seokjin muttered under his breath.

“All I’m saying is that, you shouldn’t look down on him just because he’s not like us.. He actually got my respect for putting you back in your place.”

“Hey.”

“He loves her, hyung. So, drop it. Leave them alone.”

 

 

“Well?” Min peered over his shoulder, Chanyeol turned to her and nodded.

“It’s all good now, you wont freeze in here tonight.” He mused, Minae smiled and went back to her dresser.

“How’s work for you? I heard you’ve been visiting branches too.” She said with a smile as she wiped her makeup away, Chanyeol stood up and walked towards her.

“Peachy.”

She laughed at his reply, and Chanyeol sat down beside her, he was looking at her reflection on the mirror.

“What is it?” She asked without looking at him.

“I was just thinking about the night I claimed you as my fiancé. I’m still confused why you didn’t whack me in the head that time.” He nudged her shoulder with his.

“First of all, you were drunk, it wouldn’t be a fair fight. Next, you needed me.” Her reply was honest and it made him smile.

“You never knew, huh?”

Minae paused, she set her earrings down and turned to look at him.

“How much I liked you.”

She blinked at him, stunned.

“What?”

“From the moment I met you, I always did kind of like you. I just didn’t expect we’d become good friends and you’d end up trusting me this much.” He confessed, she broke into a smile gently bopped his nose.

“You were campus crush, Chanyeol. I don’t have to explain anything on my side then.” She hummed back, Chanyeol paused before grabbing her hand and making her face him.

“I love you.” He whispered before pressing his lips against hers, Minae’s lips curled slightly as she began kissing him back. She let out a small sigh and Chanyeol lifted her off the divan and placed the girl on his lap.

“Although, I don’t particularly enjoy the fact that we never got to work in the same company.” He murmured, Minae laughed, she was straddling him as she placed her palms on both his shoulders.

“We live in the same house, so I guess you win.” She joked back.

“We can talk later.” He murmured before pulling her closer to him, she smiled and nodded before kissing him back. Chanyeol grunted, and then he stood up, lifting her up with him, she could feel his hands under her bare thighs as he walked towards them bed. And then she felt herself being lowered down on the mattress, Chanyeol was hovering over her, his head tilted, waiting.

“It’s okay. It’s you.” She said to him with a small nod, his dimpled smile appeared and he took off his shirt.

“I’m still glad I claimed you as mine though.” He murmured before leaving butterfly kisses on her neck, then he went back to her lips again and pressed his body against hers.

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++