018

Loey's Wife

Chanyeol was drumming his fingers on the table as the meeting begun, his eyes were on the screen as the company’s plans for the first quarter of next year were being discussed. He loosened his tie and leaned back on his seat.

“Sir,” His secretary had approached him in a discreet manner, he peeled his eyes away from the screen.

“It’s already been taken down. The photos remain, but the articles are all gone.” He spoke quietly, Chanyeol’s lips thinned briefly before nodding back.

“What time does Minae’s flight arrive? Three?”

“Yes, sir. Would you like me to arrange the car? I heard from her office that they would be picking her up.”

Chanyeol shook his head.

“Tell them I’ll do it and,”

“What else, sir?”

“Have some citrus tea prepared.” He said before dismissing the male, Chanyeol concentrated back on the meeting again.

“SM Town this year will be different. We’re used to just holding it in Asia, although before we did bring the concert to~”

“I read the reports on that,” Chanyeol intervened.

“Hosting in different countries can be expensive, however, if we want SM to progress more, shouldn’t we let people experience SM Town at their own convenience?” He spoke, the room turned quiet.

“Fan bases are growing everyday, in my opinion, it’s only right that we try bringing our artists to their fans. Instead of fans having to travel all the way here. Don’t you think?”

“But our company has brought in so much revenue from the tourists, sir.”

“It’s not always about money, director Hong. Put that into consideration.”

 

 

Jin glanced at the girl as she sneezed again, he grew curious.

“Are you okay, vice president?”

They had just stepped out of the plane and were on their way to claim their luggage.

“I don’t really do well with cold weather, I’m sorry.” Minae said good-naturedly as she walked with him.

“Winter is about to get a lot intense this year from what I heard.” He shook his head, Minae shrugged and gestured for her secretary to walk ahead, the male pulled two carts with him as he approached the carousel.

“You look really pale, do you want to sit for a bit?” Jin offered his arm to her, but the girl politely declined.

“I’m really okay, director Kim.”

“You can call me by name, vice president. After all, we’re the same age.” He said with a small unsure smile, Minae paused, her brows rose.

“Okay, I’ll drop the honorifics then.” She said as she wrapped her arms around herself.

“It’s just Jin, Minae-ssi.” Jin nodded, a small victorious smile was on his face. His assistant rolled his eyes before leaving the two executives to themselves.

“Would you like to grab something to eat before heading out?” Jin asked her as she pulled her coat closer to her frame.

“I would love to, but I’m kind of short on time,” She said with a frown, and then she glanced behind them. Her secretary was already making his way towards the exit. She noticed the familiar Mercedes Benz sedan parked behind a G-Class Wagon. Chanyeol was gesturing for the male to load the bags on the smaller car.

Jin followed her gaze, his brows rose briefly.

“I have to head out first; it was nice flying with you.” She grinned before stretching one palm to him, Jin nodded back and took her hand in his. Minae excused herself before walking towards the exit. Jin watched as the girl approached the Park male, the latter smiled before removing his cap.

“Director, you tried.” His assistant said teasingly.

“What are you saying? I just want to be friends.”

“You keep on saying that, but your eyes say differently.” He stated, Jin sent him a withering look.

“Like I said, sir. Get over her. Not even a storm can get in between that.” He jutted his lips towards the two, Minae was leaning her whole frame against the tall male as he laughed.

Jin didn’t say anything, he just got his bag and started to walk towards the exit.

 

 

“What did I tell you before you left?” Chanyeol said as Minae pressed herself against the front of his white padded jacket.

“Come on.” She muttered back, her voice was muffled.

Chanyeol winced as the girl sneezed again.

“I won’t hug you if you don’t say it.” He hummed teasingly as her bags were being loaded in the sedan.

“Chanyeol.” She groaned, Chanyeol kissed the top of her head and smiled.

“Say it.” He cooed.

“Padded jackets.” She hissed at him, Chanyeol chuckled and wrapped his arms around the girl. Minae smiled to herself as warmth engulfed her.

“I asked you to wear a padded jacket, Min. That meant, you take one with you to Japan.” He pointed out as he rubbed her back soothingly.

“I don’t want to look like a walking marshmallow.” She mumbled back as Chanyeol cupped the back of her head.

“I have citrus tea inside the car.” He said as he gestured for her to let him go. Minae dropped her arms around him and climbed into the G-Class Wagon.

“Can we eat before we going home?” She asked as she picked up the container from the cup holder.

“What do you feel like having?” He asked as the girl strapped in her seatbelt, he suddenly grew aware that there were probably some people watching them.

“Soup. Something with beef. And rice. Lots of rice.” She nodded back, her brows went up briefly.

“But I’m sick.” She said to him, Chanyeol grinned at her.

“It’s fine.” He mused before leaning forward to press his lips against hers briefly.

 

 

Haneul was chewing on the insides of her cheeks as other artists under the company gathered in the conference room. It was one of those yearly meetings SM held wherein all the artists under the company were invited to join. It was nothing formal, most were in jeans, some were even in their stage costumes.

“What are we doing here today?” Haneul asked her coordi.

“The president called everybody in, he wants to inform us about new plans for the company and other projects. It’s his way of keeping others in the loop and to promote transparency with everyone.”

Haneul nodded back, her eyes roamed around the venue.

“Oh, they’re here.” She heard one of the producers speak, her eyes went to the doors. Chanyeol walked in first, Minae followed behind him. Haneul’s eyes zeroed on the girl’s diamond earrings and the stack of Cartier bangles on her wrist.

Chanyeol was greeted by the senior artists, he chatted with them happily. He glanced back behind him and stretched one hand towards his wife.

“Looking at them is like being in a real life fairytale.” Haneul heard one of the SM staff muse to themselves.

“I mean, the samonim could join Miss Korea and win.”

Minae was smiling as Chanyeol took her hand in his, she remained by his side as he spoke with the artists and staff.

“They’re both young and good-looking. President is very lucky to have her by his side.”

Haneul exhaled and crossed her arms as she watched the two, Minae was speaking with Shinee’s manager with familiarity.

“President,”

Haneul straightened up as soon as the couple reached their group, she bit on her lower lip as Minae looked at her, and then she smiled.

“Those rumors must have stressed you out, Haneul-ssi.” Minae said, Chanyeol looked at the other girl before planting his palm on her back.

“Not really, Mrs. Park. I was more worried about you.” She said amiably, Minae chuckled and shook her head.

“There’s really nothing to worry about.” The girl smiled, she glanced at Chanyeol and he scrunched his nose at her. Haneul’s brows rose briefly but she nodded back.

“It’s rare to see a couple with so much trust between them nowadays.” Haneul commented dryly.

Chanyeol smiled, he was suddenly distracted by the rip on Minae’s jean pocket. He inserted his palm inside her pocket and grinned as he realized it was a fake tear. Minae eyed him warily, feeling his palm on her bum.

“Ah, right, congratulations on your new project. I read about it in the news.” Minae told her, Haneul nodded back.

“Thank you, samonim. I wouldn’t have gotten offers if it weren’t for president Park.”

“Chanyeol.” She murmured under her breath, Haneul looked at the two, a little confused. The male chuckled before taking his hand out of the girl’s back pocket, Haneul blinked.

“I’ll go get you something to drink.” He said before stepping away from the two, Haneul nodded and gave him a polite bow as he left. She was about to speak to Minae again when her two bodyguards approached her and led her to seat at the front.

Haneul rolled her eyes before going back to her table.

 

“You don’t deserve him.”

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++