003

Loey's Wife

“Are you really okay? I would have asked one of the drivers to drop you off at the house.” Chanyeol said as they walked out of the SM building, Minae shook her head and she looked around them. They were with a few staff and producers, off for a late night snack. Well, if you still consider it one, it was already two in the morning.

“I don’t like being alone at home.” She shrugged at him as they crossed the street, Chanyeol held on the sleeve of her jacket to keep her close.

“We only have a few weeks left before Super Junior comes back, plus gearing up for NCT too.” Chanyeol nodded, Min glanced over her shoulder. The three staffs were chatting happily amongst themselves, Min smiled to herself. She was proud of what Chanyeol had become and what he had earned now. It took a lot of effort on his side just to buy a dying company, and to save it, he almost lost everything. And, people love working with him, Chanyeol had a way with people that Minae could never point out. But she was happy seeing his employees having no problems with approaching him.

“Are you okay with eating snacks? We can get something more~”

“No, snacks are good.” She yawned as she pointed towards a pojangmacha. Chanyeol smiled and they approached the stall.

“I’m buying tonight. Your usual combo?” Min asked him as they got inside, he gave her a lazy smile before heading towards and empty table.

“Mrs. Park, we can~”

“It’s okay. You guys need rest too. I’ll take care of this.” Minae gestured for them to join their boss at the table.

One of the servers helped her with the trays and brought them to the table, Minae paid in cash quickly and searched around. Chanyeol raised his palm to her, she yawned again and padded towards them.

“You mustn’t be used to long nights, Mrs. Park.” Producer Shin said with a small smile.

“She isn’t. But she insisted on staying.” Chanyeol chuckled as Minae sat down beside him.

“You didn’t get anything for yourself?” Chanyeol asked as he picked up a kimbap roll.

“Hmm.” She shook her head, she tugged on his sleeve, her forehead creasing. Chanyeol grew amused and opened one arm to her. Minae smiled before pressing her cheek against his chest, Chanyeol felt the girl yawn and he gently patted her back.

The staff smiled at each other as they looked at two.

“Let’s go home after this.”

“But you said you had to record~”

“No, I’ll finish it tomorrow.” Chanyeol pressed his nose against the top of her head briefly before eating.

 

 

“Oh, Kim Jongdae.” Chanyeol stopped before getting inside his car, he spotted his friend across the street.

“What brings you around the area?” Chanyeol asked as he walked towards, Chen bumped fists with him before replying.

“I was out an errand, how’s Min doing? I haven’t been able to check on her lately.” He said to him.

“She’s doing great, my father probably wants to give me up and adopt her instead.” He joked back, Chen chuckled.

“How..are things?” He asked softly, Chanyeol paused, his forehead creasing.

“She..doesn’t like talking about it.”

“Who would? What they did was too much.” Chen murmured as he leaned against his car, Chanyeol frowned.

“I’m worried, I feel like…I’ve robbed her away from her family.”

“Chanyeol, did you forget what happened?” Chen glanced at him, Chanyeol’s forehead creased.

“People think that I’m just using her. I don’t…like that.”

“Do those other people matter? Did Min say anything?”

Chanyeol shook his head and crossed his arms.

“I..don’t want her to go through that again.” He said quietly, Chen nodded back.

“Watch over her, okay? She’s always had our backs.”

“You know I’d do anything for Min, even it means taking her away from them.” Chanyeol said, he pushed himself off the car and patted his friend’s shoulder.

“I’ll see you at Baekhyun’s.” He said before crossing the street again, he got in his car and Chen watched as the automobile sped away.

“It’s getting a little too real.”

 

 

Minae was seated in front of her dressing table as she fixed her hair, she glanced up when Chanyeol walked in, he was dressed in a pair of dark blue jeans and a nicely fitting black v-neck shirt.

“You’re dolled up today.” He said as he approached her.

“I have a meeting with one of our clients later, at Songpa. Can’t you come with me?” She said as she picked out a lipstick. He shuddered at her question, but she shot him a look.

“I’ll be at the studio the whole morning, but Baekhyun called.” Chanyeol said as he forced himself on the chair she was sitting on, Minae eyed him warily but she scooted over to make some room for the giant that was her husband.

“I got his text. He’s really serious with Junhee, huh?” She asked, Chanyeol nodded, he was going through her jewelry box.

“Which one should I wear?” Min asked him, he plucked out a pair of one of her rare black pearl stud earrings.

“Your mom wants you to join her for lunch today, Loey.” She spoke to him as she put on the earrings, he was about to say no when wifey cut him off again.

“Just her. Abeoji’s out of town, he’s in London for a conference. So, don’t even try to use another alibi.” She pointed out, Chanyeol scrunched his nose at her.

“I’ll tell her you’re free.”

“Will you be joining us?” Chanyeol asked hopefully, he brushed her hair away from her face and smiled as he looked at the earrings.

“I can’t. I have to be in Ilsan this afternoon.” She explained to him, he rolled his eyes at her.

“Show up, okay? She misses you.” Minae looked at him, her tone soft and persuading.

“Fine. I’ll see you tonight at Baekhyun’s.” Chanyeol kissed her cheek before standing up, Minae smiled and gave him a wave as he left the room.

“You should take the Audi!” He called from outside.

“Got it!”

 

 

“Thank you for meeting me, sir.” Min smiled as she stepped out with the two investors, they had just had a sumptuous lunch at a famous restaurant in the are.

“Of course, we could never say no the famous VP Park.” The executive said as he shook her hand.

“I assume that I will be seeing you next week with the contract already signed?” She said in a friendly manner, the two males nodded back.

“Of course, I will call you if about the updates. Thank you.”

Minae puffed her cheeks and looked around, she couldn’t really eat properly earlier, her stomach didn’t feel right. She made her towards her parked car when she felt someone looking at her, she pulled gaze away from her phone and paused.

“You look well.”

“U—unnie,” Minae sputtered as the older girl stood before, she gave Minae dry smile before speaking again.

“You’re living the life, aren’t you?” She spoke as she glanced at the Audi a few meters away from them, Minae exhaled before speaking.

“Please, not now, I~”

“You opened your legs and now you’re running a company. You finally made it big, Minae.”

Minae looked away, her forehead creasing, her older cousin chortled.

“Your mother did the same, right? She took in your drunk father and started to~” The girl halted when two males suddenly got in between them.

“Please step away from the samonim.” One of the guards spoke while raising one palm at her.

Minae looked up, her cousin was glaring back at her.

“You really are different now, orphan.” She chuckled at her, and then she noticed a familiar face standing behind Minae.

“I didn’t know you were meeting someone else today, I thought it was just me and two other boring old men.”

Minae paused, her brows rose and she turned behind her. Chanyeol had a playful smile on his face as he walked towards her. Minae’s older cousin tensed as soon as she saw the male, she exhaled before looking away.

“Chanyeol, I~”

“I’m sorry for being late, I got stuck at the studio. Are you done?” He asked her, not once did he acknowledge the other girl behind his wife.

“W-Well, yes, I was just~”

Chanyeol seemed pleased with her answer and he leaned down to press his lips against hers.

“Good, I was hoping if you had time for me today.” He said excitedly before taking her hand in his and pulling her towards his Corvette.

“I’m sorry, I almost forgot you wanted me to join you.” Chanyeol whispered, Minae looked up to meet his gaze.

“It’s fine. It went well. Except for..that.” She glanced over her shoulder, her older cousin was already gone. Chanyeol’s forehead furrowed and he just tugged on her to prevent her from looking at her cousin’s direction.

“Don’t listen to her.” Chanyeol said as he opened the door for her.

“I opened my legs and now I’m running a company.” She explained to him, Chanyeol rolled his eyes, annoyed.

“Thanks for taking care of that. She..She’s..just the worst, you know.” She said to him, her forehead creasing.

 

“I know. Get in.” Chanyeol cupped her cheek briefly before going to the driver’s seat.

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++