029

Loey's Wife

Chanyeol slid down from his car and noticed Minae’s Audi parked on its usual slot, his brows rose up, he took his backpack and made his way towards the house.

“Min? You home?” He called as he got in the foyer, he tossed his bag in the living room. He heard Toben barking in the kitchen. He called for him and made his way towards the second floor.

“Min?”

“Here!” He heard her call back, Chanyeol found her by the TV room, rummaging through some magazines and his vinyl records.

“What are you…?” Chanyeol stared at her, Minae was dressed in an olive green bikini, he scratched the back of his head.

“I was planning on taking a short swim, then I changed my mind.” She murmured as an explanation, Chanyeol shook his head at her before leaning down to give Toben and pat on the head.

“Well, can you at least..put something on? You might catch a cold.” He said, Minae waved him away, not wanting to be disturbed.

“Min,” He sighed. Minae glanced at him, he shook off his hoodie and tossed it to her. She grinned before putting it on.

“I was looking for that article I saw last week. Something about how to choose the perfect hair color.” She mumbled as she stood up, he scrunched his nose at her.

“Are you planning to change colors?” He asked as he plopped down on the sofa, he pulled her along with him.

“Should I go back to black?” She asked as Chanyeol pulled her to closer to him.

“I haven’t seen you with black hair in a while.” He replied as he ran his fingers through her ash brown locks.

“Do you think I should?”

“If you want to, then do it. I like your hair either way.” He chuckled before switching the TV on, her forehead creased briefly and she nodded without looking at him.

“Sorry for not picking up, I was really busy.” She said softly as she placed her hand over his wristwatch, her eyes went to his tattoo and she smiled as her fingers circled around his wrist.

“It’s okay. I just wanted to check how you were doing.” He replied simply as he pulled her closer, Minae leaned her head against his chest as the evening news appeared on the screen.

“You have my back, right, Loey?”

There was a short pause, and then she could feel him chuckling softly.

“When did I ever not, Min?”

 

 

Minae exhaled as she looked at reflection, her hair was still being blow-dried. She let out a small sigh as she ran her fingers thru her now black locks.

“Samonim, you’ve completed the transformation.” The hairstylist said, her colorist nodded in agreement.

“Transformation? Is that a good thing?” She smiled at them.

“A very good thing.”

“Really?” Minae glanced at the mirror again.

“You’ve completed the goddess look. Long black hair with your timeless beauty. And, you’re not the type to wear a lot of makeup too.”

Minae smiled and bit her lower lip.

“But, why the sudden decision to go back to black, samonim?” The male asked her as he sat down, the staff had proceeded to give Minae some natural looking curls.

“I’m about do something..life changing. I figured why not…go back.” She said softly.

“Well, whatever it is, samonim. You look fabulous and perfect. No wonder why president Park always looks so happy. He has you.” He said teasingly, Minae nodded and touched her hair again.

I’m going back for you, halbae. Please wait a little bit more.

She saw her secretary step in the private room, Minae politely asked the others to step out to give them some privacy.

“Well?” She asked him, the male set the documents before her.

“If you sign these, then, things will be set in motion, vice president.”

“How soon?” She asked as she picked up the pen, Minae puffed her cheeks as she pressed the tip on the paper.

“Tomorrow. They will be having a monthly BOD meeting in the morning.”

 

 

“So, any progress on that number?” Baekhyun was grinning as he sat down across Jongdae and Chanyeol. The three friends had met up for lunch.

“Number?” Jongdae asked, Chanyeol shifted in his seat uncomfortably.

“Oh, you didn’t know? Our friend here,” Baekhyun said cheerfully.

“Made me look through all the flower shops around the city because someone has been sending his wife flowers.”

“Flowers? How’s Min doing? Her allergies?” Jongdae asked, but he was already grinning.

“Min’s okay.”

“And then, we finally found the shop. We got the sender’s contact details.” Baekhyun continued gleefully.

“Why don’t you just give the phone company a call? Surely, you have friends~”

“I’m not going there, Kim Jongdae.”

“But you’re already there.” Baekhyun pointed out, Chanyeol rolled his eyes at his friend.

“I mean, you wanted to know who was sending her flowers. Now you got this person’s number.”

“It’s wrong. I mean, it’s Minae’s life. If someone..really is trying to catch her attention, who am I to block that?” He asked as he fiddled with the menu.

Jongdae tilted his head, Baekhyun grew exasperated and shook his head.

“Fine, let’s say someone really is trying to win her over, are you okay with that? Are you willing to let her go?” Jongdae questioned, Baekhyun leaned closer on the table.

“A deal’s a deal, of course I will.” Chanyeol said before calling for the waiter.

“It doesn’t sound like you are.” Baekhyun commented.

“What are you talking about?”

“It doesn’t look like you’re willing to let her go.”

Chanyeol didn’t reply, his forehead creased and he looked away.

 

 

Chanyeol’s secretary sighed as he looked around his boss’s office, they were having a team meeting with Super Junior for their promotions. And it was one huge mess. Everyone was talking at the same time, all were laughing and joking around. It didn’t even look like a meeting with the company’s president.

“Then, how about we not release Donghae’s photocard first?” Heechul laughed.

“And, release it later after an announcement? How much would that rake in?” Eunhyuk guffawed, Kyuhyun shook his head but he was grinning.

“It’s kind..of genius, hyung. I approve.” Chanyeol gave him a thumbs up, Heechul winked back at him. The secretary shook his head disappointedly, SM’s president, a child, was actually having a meeting with Super Junior, one of the biggest idols, also, actual children, and he had no idea what would come out of it.

The doors opened, and Chanyeol looked up, he paused and then he started to smile.

“Loey?”

“Oh, it’s the young samonim.” Leeteuk said as he stood up, Minae bowed politely at the older males.

“Am I disturbing you guys?” She asked with a shy smile, Ryeowook shook his head at the girl and Siwon made room for her.

“Look at you, college girl Jung Minae.” Chanyeol said softly as she reached him, she rolled her eyes at him.

“Then, I’m guessing we should continue this later? The wife is here.” Shindong said jokingly.

“I’ll proceed to recording this afternoon.” Yesung announced.

“I heard your new song, oppa. I love it.” Minae said to him, Yesung grinned back at her.

“See you later, have a nice day, young samonim.” Eunhyuk waved at the couple before following s out of the room.

“Wow, you were really serious about this.” Chanyeol said as he touched her hair, he smiled before cupping the back of her neck.

“Are you okay?” He asked her.

“Yeah, I just dropped by to deliver you food, since I took the day off and all.” She said as she gestured towards the brown bag she set on the table, Chanyeol smiled before dropping his hand his side. Minae walked around his desk and sat down on his seat, her feet dangled over the carpeted floor as she watched Chanyeol rummage through the bag.

“Sushi.” He grinned widely, Minae leaned back on the seat and started to browse through his laptop. Chanyeol took out the chopsticks and paused when he noticed Minae’s phone vibrating beside him. He glanced over at the screen and read the name.

Director Kim Seokjin (GM Daewoo)

His eyes went to the digits below the male’s name, and then Minae suddenly plopped down beside him, she took her phone and looked at the screen.

“Aren’t you going to~”

“I’ll call him back later. It’s okay. Eat.” Minae said as she chucked her phone in her purse and gestured for him to eat.

“I got you your favorites.” She said as she climbed onto him, both of her thighs across his lap, Chanyeol paused and looked at her.

“Now, something is really wrong, huh?” He asked as the girl wrapped her arms around his neck and leaned her chin on his shoulder.

“You rarely go here unannounced, Min.” He gently said as he wrapped one around her waist, Minae closed her eyes and buried her face on the crook of his neck.

“Min?”

“I just….I just…”

“Okay, we can talk about it later.” Chanyeol knew when not to push her, he picked up a piece of sushi and popped it in his mouth, not minding Minae on his lap. Minae exhaled and closed her eyes again.

“Okay, thank you, Loey.”

 

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++