031

Loey's Wife

Minae turned her body to the left as Chanyeol strapped his seatbelt on.

“Okay…I can explain.” She said carefully, he started the car and faced her, there a small smile that started to form on his face. Minae grew confused.

“You don’t have to, Min. I’m actually proud of you.” He said as he started to drive them away from the building, Min chewed on her lower lip, she clasped her hands together.

“What pushed you to do that?” Chanyeol asked, his eyes went to her briefly, he used his free hand to take her hand in his and laced their fingers together.

“Min, calm down. It’s okay. You’re okay.” He said softly as his other hand held onto the steering wheel.

“What pushed you do that? Can I ask?” He asked, Min leaned back on her seat, letting their hands rest on her lap.

“I got..angry.”

“Angry?”

“Are you really going to let me think that it wasn’t you who sent my halbae’s staff to talk to me.”

“I only encouraged them.” Chanyeol shrugged at her. Minae smiled and looked at the window, but her lips curled into a small smile.

“I found out..how they were treating him. And how I’ve been lie to all this time, he..never wanted me out. And I felt horrible for..ghosting him. I didn’t even get to tell him that I was getting married. And that…just consumed me.”

Chanyeol remained quiet, Minae let out a shaky breath before closing her eyes briefly.

“I want him in my life, Yeol. I can have that, right?” She voiced, he nodded back.

“You can. You never lost him, Min.” He said before bringing her hand to his lips and planting a quick little kiss on the back of her palm.

“I’m glad you stalked me there, you loser.” She said playfully as she sniffed, Chanyeol gave her hand a slight squeeze.

“No limits for you, Jung Minae.” He said in a joking manner.

 

 

“I just have documents to pick up and I can work on them at home.” Min said as the elevator doors opened, Chanyeol nodded and followed her out. The employees were surprised to see him, but they greeted him politely.

“I should cook tonight.”

“What? Should we buy some beef on the way home?” Chanyeol asked as he pushed the doors for her.

“No, no. I feel like having,” She turned to him, she smiled before brushing his hair from his forehead.

“How about seafood pancakes and,” She said as she walked backwards, Chanyeol wrapped one arm around her, not wanting her to bump into something.

“Vice president,” Her secretary cleared his throat, Chanyeol looked up and his brows rose.

“Director Kim is here.”

Minae turned around quickly, she gently removed Chanyeol’s arm around her, the latter’s eyebrows knitted together.

“We rescheduled the meeting, and I wasn’t informed that you..weren’t going to join us.” Seokjin said with a polite smile, Chanyeol’s eyes examined the room.

“Oh my god. I’m sorry, it slipped my mind. I suddenly got busy this morning.” Min said apologetically as she asked him to sit. Chanyeol rolled his eyes, and then he noticed the pile of wilting flowers on one corner. He mentally counted the bouquets, there were seven of them.

What? One for every week?

“I’m so sorry Seokjin-ssi. But, I hope director Im and director Cheon voiced out our sides well?” She asked hopefully, Chanyeol’s eyes went to the fresh bouquet on her desk.

Daisies.

Yuck.

“We still have the final orientation before we implement. And that’s scheduled for next week, so, maybe before the week ends, we can meet again and discuss~”

“Can you call housekeeping? Or maintenance?” Chanyeol suddenly spoke, Minae turned her head, sensing the tension in his voice.

Jin looked at the male, keeping the expression on his face neutral. Min’s secretary looked up, he followed the young master’s gaze.

“Ah, I’ll go get a vase~”

“A vase? Do you want your boss to die?” Chanyeol said with a laugh. A humorless chuckled that made Minae pause, she turned to him.

“She has allergies. Don’t you remember? How long have you been working for her?” He questioned, his eyes were cold as they focused on the male, and then they travelled to male sitting across Minae. And that’s when it hit the secretary.

“Chanyeol, it’s fine, I can~” Minae stood up and walked to him, but he stepped back.

“Throw everything out. Now.” He stated as he placed his car keys on her table and left the room.

 

 

Minae looked at the screen as the meeting continued, Jin was speaking with the directors from ShinHan, discussing about the deal being laid before them.

She leaned on the table, drumming her fingers on the glass.

“What do you think, vice president?” Jin turned his gaze to her, Minae paused and blinked.

The three men in the room all turned to her, waiting for her feedback.

“It all sounds a little rushed? I mean, it looks okay. Their a very stable company. But your father, the president might not like it.” She inputted before crossing her arms, she puffed her cheeks.

“Should we just push this meeting to tomorrow?” Jin suggested, noticing her discomfort.

“Sure, that sounds great.” She nodded, the males stood up and left the room. Minae’s secretary hesitated, but the GM Daewoo head glanced at him, he sighed and also left.

“Is something bothering you, Jung Minae-ssi?”

Minae looked at him.

“N—No, I’m okay. A lot of things happened today, I’m a bit…confused.”

“Then, should we go out to get something to eat? Ice cream is a perfect way to relieve~”

“I’m sorry, Seokjin-ssi. I just..can’t.” Minae spoke as she stood up, Jin followed her, flustered.

“Are you okay?” Jin opened the door for her, Minae moved forward and almost tripped on the carpet. The male reached out to hold her by the arm, she looked at him and smiled before gently pulling her arm away.

“Thank you.” She took a step back from him, Jin scratched the back of his head.

“I can drive you home. You seem a little~”

“It’s okay. Chanyeol left me his car. See you.” Minae said before walking back towards her office. Jin exhaled and turned to the elevators instead.

He’s got his claws wrapped around you. It’s unfair.

 

 

Baekhyun looked at his friend, he was sipping onto his very unhealthy and artificially flavored strawberry shake as Chanyeol continued to relentlessly harass the punching bag.

They were at SM Entertainment’s fitness gym, it was empty except for a few male trainees and their coaches.

“Ya, you said we were going to have dinner at your place. Why am I here? No, why are we still here?” He questioned, Chanyeol didn’t reply as he struck the bag again, Baekhyun sighed, he stood up and held onto the bag as his friend punched.

“What is wrong with you?” He demanded, Chanyeol paused, Baekhyun was stunned when he saw how pissed his friend was. It was there in his eyes, Chanyeol was aggravated, or frustrated.

This wasn’t like him.

Chanyeol doesn’t do rage.

“Chanyeol-ah,” He coughed as the bag pushed him back, his friend was hitting too hard. Before he could speak again, Chanyeol’s secretary approached them, the tall male looked up, he tossed his gloves away and picked up his water.

“What do you have?” He asked, his tone flat as he wiped his sweat off using his muscle shirt.

“What is he supposed to have? Are you planning on murdering someone?” Baekhyun asked, trying to lift the mood. But Chanyeol didn’t react.

“You were right. It’s his number, sir.”

Baekhyun paused, Chanyeol nodded for him to continue.

“I looked into his past, he has been assigned to their Japan branch, and it was just recently he was reassigned here. And, he even met up with the samonim when she was there a few months ago.”

“And?” Chanyeol looked at the male, he could sense he was hesitating.

“It’s been…known to his friends, sir.”

“What? That he likes to splurge on flowers? Or he wants to trigger Minae’s allergies?” He quipped as he took off his handwraps.

“No, sir. It’s about his..interest on the samonim.”

“What?” Baekhyun said under his breath.

“Interest?” Chanyeol repeated questioningly.

“Well, to put it simply, his crush on her. Director Kim likes her.”

 

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++