011

Loey's Wife

“Darling, I’m sorry, we didn’t know your aunt would be there.” Mrs. Park frowned as she sat down beside her daughter-in-law.

“It’s okay, eomma. Chanyeol…he pretty much takes care of that kind of thing.” She murmured as she poured the lady tea.

“I still don’t understand why they hate you so much.” She said as she tucked a lock of Minae’s hair behind her ear.

“Maybe because I have the prettiest mother-in-law? And they’re just jealous.” Min said with a grin, the lady chuckled.

“I still remember when Chanyeol announced that he was getting married. His father was astounded.”

Min smiled to herself.

Sure, he announced that without even asking me to marry him. Yet.

“We were all shocked, and then he said your name. And that time you were interning for us, right?”

“Yes, eomma.” She chuckled and wrapped her arms around the lady’s and leaned her head agsint her shoulder.

“We were all so curious about the young lady our son was marrying,” She hummed as she patted Minae’s head with a smile on her face.

“And then it turned out to be you, and his father was so pleased.”

“That was the time when I was introduced abeoji. I was..frightened.” She chuckled.

“No, he did mention that there was an extraordinary intern in the company, he wanted to hire you as soon as you graduate. He just didn’t expect that you were his son’s girlfriend.”

“That must have been a surprise.” Minae nodded, she felt bad for lying to them. And everyday it chewed on her, but Chanyeol needed her. And, she needed him. But her heart ached for the Park elders, they’ve always been so lovely and welcomed her with open arms.

“Well, you could say you were preapproved.” Mrs. Park joked, Minae chuckled.

“But I mean this when I say it, darling,”

“You’re perfect for my son.”

 

 

Minae walked in the studio and paused, she didn’t expect that there would be a quite a number of people involved with the interview. She mentally sighed as she searched for Chanyeol, and then his secretary approached her.

“Samonim, this way.” He said as he gestured for her to follow him. Minae had a small polite smile on her face as some of the staff greeted her.

And then she heard Chanyeol’s voice, he was speaking to one of the magazine’s crew when she reached him.

“Hey,” He was smiling as he stood up to kiss her cheek.

“Sorry, did you wait long? I had to meet up with the finance team for a bit.” She said apologetically, she noticed that Chanyeol had changed into a pair of light denim jeans and his white dress shirt was tucked in.

“I’m surprised, no rips.” She whispered, he chuckled and asked her to sit.

“They asked if they could take pictures. I told them that you have the final say.” Chanyeol said as the magazine’s crew introduced themselves to her.

“Pictures?”

“Yeah, I’m down if you are.” Chanyeol shrugged, he was fixing her hair and patting it down gently, Minae didn’t seem to mind as she looked around them.

“I don’t think that will be a problem.” She nodded back, her eyes zeroed in on the camera equipment briefly.

“Have you eaten?” Minae turned to him, she had a feeling he had not eaten yet.

“No, I was in the studio whole morning, we were finalizing tracks for NCT China subunit. But it’s okay, I’m not~”

Minae took out a protein bar from her purse, Chanyeol grinned and took it from her.

“I’m not even surprised, Yeol. Really.” She stated as he started to munch on the snack.

“I have a function this weekend, can you come?” He asked while chewing, Minae nodded.

“This wont be long, right?” She asked him as she leaned over to brush the bits of food off his cheek.

“Yeah, maybe two hours.”

“Good, I’ll go get you something to drink.” She said as she slid down from her chair and walked away from him. Chanyeol nodded and went back to his food, unbeknownst to them, the photographer was already taking candid shots of them and most of the staff were amazed and somehow a little envious of the two. Never have they seen a couple with such chemistry. Or how Minae could mellow down the usually chatty PD Park.

“Chanyeol, grape or pineapple?” Minae called from the snack bar.

“Strawberry milk.” Chanyeol replied, the staff chuckled to themselves.

 

 

“Wow.”

The driver looked up to check on the young executive, he was leisurely leafing through a magazine.

“Is something wrong, sir?”

“No, no. It’s her again. She won an award.” He said with a small smile as he set the magazine down, the older male knowingly smiled.

“Ah, that young lady you’ve always been interested in.” He said as he sped up, the male nodded.

“Her story is quite interesting, she rose up to the top. I mean, she may have married the company’s son. But she still managed to make a name for herself.”

“Too bad, she’s married, chairman.”

The male chuckled and shook his head.

“It’s not like that. I just want to meet her. She’s very intelligent, I’ve heard her speak at an event once. ShinHan is in good hands as long as she’s in-charge.”

“And as long as you have a crush on her, we will never stop hearing her name.” The driver joked, he rolled his eyes at the older male.

“She’s quite amazing, hyung. It’s just too bad that she didn’t meet me first.” He chuckled.

 

 

“In two words, how is it being married to mister Park?”

Minae smiled and looked at her palms briefly.

“Oversized hoodies and spontaneity.” She answered, the interviewer nodded with a small smile on her face.

“How did you two meet?”

“In school, he almost run me over with his overpriced car.” She offered, Chanyeol eyed her warily.

“I did not.”

“I said almost, Yeol.” She said to him, he rolled his eyes at her.

“Really? Then, did you get along from then?” The lady asked, Chanyeol quickly nodded.

“That time, I was having quite a hard time with studies, and Minae was a top student. I asked her if she could tutor me.”

“He kind of demanded.” Minae chimed in, Chanyeol scrunched his nose at her.

“Really, we kind of hit it off after being introduced properly. Chanyeol is the type to make friends easily, so, that was very…comfortable for me. Since, I’m usually the quiet one.” Minae explained.

“How about you, president Park? How was it meeting her for the first time?”

Chanyeol crossed his legs before speaking.

“Well, I was scared, of course. It did cross my mind that I might have run her over.” He chuckled, the interviewer nodded and laughed.

“So, I got down the car, I was panicking. And then I saw her,” Chanyeol paused, Minae glanced at him, he smiled and placed his hand over her thigh and gave it a slight squeeze.

“She wasn’t angry or anything, just..shaken. It was then I realized how beautiful she was.” Chanyeol said shyly, Minae snorted.

“Whoa, your first meeting is like a fairytale.” The interviewer added.

“Then, we’ll take a short break.” The lady added, some off the lights were switched off and Chanyeol took out his phone to check his emails.

“I’m worried. Do you think she saw through us?” Minae asked, she leaned her chin on his shoulder and started to blow his hair away from the top of his ear, she wrapped both of her arms around his arm to steady herself on her seat, totally unaware that the camera was still rolling.

“Nope. No one can see through us. Except for our friends.” Chanyeol replied coolly, totally used to Minae’s actions.

“I just don’t want to cause more trouble for you.” She puffed her cheeks, annoyed that his hair was long enough to touch the top of his ear.

Chanyeol didn’t speak, his eyes were on the email his secretary had sent him a few minutes ago. It contained details about Min’s aunt, cousin and Jung Oil Group. His lips thinned briefly, before turning his head slightly.

“Cut your hair.” Minae said as she peeled herself away from him, Chanyeol smirked at her.

“I mean it. I don’t want to mistake you for Toben again.” She mussed his hair just as the interviewer returned.

“More questions?” Chanyeol asked.

“Yes, this one is for Mrs. Park.”

Minae looked at the woman, anticipating her question.

“People have always wondered about you two, since president Park has always been quiet about how you two ended up together, so, I want to ask in behalf of everyone.”

 

“How did PD Park propose?”

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++