033

Loey's Wife

“Now that you two are done with the whole quiet episode,” Jinah said as Min joined her in the kitchen, they had finished dinner and the guys were in the living room.

“What?”

“You think no one would notice what happened before we ate? You were both so quiet and somber, I thought Chanyeol was sick or something.”

Minae chuckled and shook her head.

“We just had this..thing we needed to smoothen out. It’s all good now, don’t worry.”

Jinah sighed, she set down her glass of wine before facing her friend.

“How do you not see it, Minae?”

“What?”

“I’m really happy that you’re now president of your father’s company. You run ShinHan effortlessly, I just don’t understand how you don’t seem to notice anything at all.”

“What are you talking about? Is this about my hair? Because I like having~”

“Chanyeol would give you everything you want. He’s always been firm about that.” Jinah interjected, Min paused.

“Oh, it’s that.” She murmured, Jinah sighed in exasperation.

“And it’s not just the material stuff, Min. I know that.”

“Jinah-ya, Chanyeol…Chanyeol..is different. No one can touch him. So, don’t.” She spoke, Jinah looked at her.

“Min, what I’m trying to say is~”

“I don’t want to discuss this. I don’t want discuss him. He…He’s too precious, and I don’t deserve someone like him.”

“Min, you~”

“But for now, at least let me be around him. I don’t know for how long this thing we’re doing is going to last. And I want to be of help, I don’t want to be a burden. So, please, I beg of you,”

“Don’t try to make us happen. He deserves better.”

 

 

“Min?”

Minae peeked from her closet, Chanyeol was standing by the door, already dressed for bed in his sweatpants and black shirt combo.

“Come in!” She called back before tying her hair up and stepping out of the closet.

“I’m so full, I can’t move.” He said as he dove to her bed, Min blinked at him in amusement.

“What brings you here? Do we have an event to attend?” She asked before approaching her vanity table, she sat down and picked up moisturizer.

“I never got to ask what happened that day.” He said as he turned to her, he was hugging one of her pillows.

“What day?”

“You were….tired.” He murmured, Minae paused briefly and then her lips curled up. It seemed like he was back in his usual energetic spirits.

“I signed all legal documents regarding Jung Oil Group that day. I guess…it kind of took a toll on me, seeing my father’s name there.” She said as she stood up, she walked towards him and gestured for Chanyeol to scoot over.

“Have you told ma? I’m sure she’d want to hear about it.” He spoke as he sat up, Minae shook her head before sitting beside him.

“Maybe I will, for now, I need to focus on ShinHan and Jung Oil.”

“You can do it.” Chanyeol said as he cupped the side of neck, his thumb caressing her jaw.

“I feel like I should have told you at least, I mean, you trusted me to run your family’s company, and yet here I am taking over another. As if I’m not busy enough, but I guess…it was my pride? I don’t know, Yeol. I know you’re worried about this, but, I wont ever let ShinHan~”

“Hey, hey, stop.” Chanyeol shook his head at her.

“I’m not asking because I’m worried about ShinHan. I’m worried about you. I want to know how you’re feeling about all this. Because, Min, tomorrow, it will be all over the news.”

“Oh.” She blinked at him, Chanyeol smiled.

“Let’s get one thing straight, the ShinHan title is there to protect you. It’s not your responsibility to take care of everything.”

“Hey, that sounds wrong, we talk~”

“I am your responsibility.” He beamed at her, Minae’s facial expression turned dry and she slapped his arm.

“Be serious, Park Chanyeol.”

He chuckled before gently wrapping his arms around the girl, Minae smiled before hugging him back.

“I mean it. I’d rather have you safe. ShinHan can go burn~”

“Ya!” She warned him, but she knew she was joking as his deep chuckles echoed in the room.

“I’m sorry I was being mean. It’s just annoying because you always gave me crap for giving you flowers.” He said jokingly as he let go of her.

“You don’t have to give me flowers, you keep on giving me cars.” She pointed out before hopping towards her vanity, Chanyeol rolled her eyes and lay flat on the bed again.

“Do you like it?” He asked, his tone hopeful.

“I love it, thanks, Loey.”

Chanyeol gave her a thumbs up before wrapping himself in her blanket.

 

 

“I saw the news, hyung.”

Jin glanced at his cousin as the younger male walked in his office, he set his laptop away before facing him.

“About Minae?”

“She took over Jung Oil Group yesterday, amazing.” He chuckled as he sat down, Jin smiled and nodded.

“You wanted to talk? I heard from your secretary that something happened yesterday. What is it?”

“I was supposed to meet her yesterday, for work.”

Hoseok nodded and crossed his legs as he leaned back on his seat.

“She was running later, so I waited for her in her office. And then, they arrived.”

“They?”

“With her husband.”

“Hyung,” Hoseok sighed, Jin shushed him so he could continue.

“I think he knows, Hoseok-ah.”

“Knows about what? Did you tell Minae about your feelings with him around?” Hoseok asked him while shaking his head.

“The flowers. He spoke about the flowers. He asked to throw them out. He threw quite a temper.”

“Hyung, I told you to stop sending them.”

“He doesn’t deserve her, Hoseok-ah. All he knows what to do is just play and he lets her do all the work. She’s…too smart for him.”

“Still, she’s her husband. She chose him, hyung.”

“I don’t think she did. It doesn’t look like it. There’s something more to them.”

 

 

“It’s out. Everything.”

Minae looked up from the sofa, they were in Chanyeol’s office, she had her usual cup of coffee in hand as her husband went through the news.

“People are interested, it’s a sudden move. And they want to know why you did it.”

His secretary stood close by, waiting for his instructions.

“I know, my office has been receiving calls. They want an interview, and I would rather die than face a camera.”

“If they ask you why….what will you say?” He asked, Minae stood up, she sighed and walked towards him, she leaned over to look at the newspaper he was poring over.

“I’ll have my office release all the documents. After that,” She bit her lip, and looked at him.

“What should I do?” She asked, totally at a loss for words. She was usually the sensible one, she made swift decisions, but now, she felt a little unsure.

“First, we must have you release a statement. To explain your side.” Chanyeol took over, he slightly pushed himself from his desk and pulled her to his lap.

“Look at this,” He pointed to his computer screen, Minae looked on, her forehead creased, while the secretary smiled to himself as he watched the two.

“They don’t know what’s going on. Jung Oil Group isn’t doing anything because you haven’t spoken yet. So, why not tell the truth? That halbae named you as his successor.”

Minae puffed her cheeks, Chanyeol leaned his chin on her shoulder.

“I’ll drop by at the company later and give my office a call.”

“Good choice.” He chuckled, they both paused as the doors opened, Chanyeol’s secretary stood up.

“President,” It was Haneul, Minae looked at the girl, she slowly stood up from Chanyeol’s lap.

“I came here to discuss my contract. My manager is already on his way.” She said as she strode into the room.

“Ah, right. I’m meeting other actors today too.” Chanyeol recalled, Minae picked up her phone from his table.

“Good morning, samonim.” Haneul greeted her before taking the seat across Chanyeol’s desk.

“Hi.”

“Are you heading to ShinHan first?” Chanyeol asked, she paused and faced him.

“I am. See you at home.” She replied, Chanyeol smiled before leaning over to press his lips against hers, Haneul looked away briefly. Minae patted his hand before leaving the office, she exhaled as she made her way towards the elevator.

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++