016

Loey's Wife

Minae leaned back on her seat as the inflight movie she chose began, she set her phone down and reclined her seat.

“Vice president,” Her secretary approached her with her laptop, Minae thanked him before he went back to his seat.

She opened her laptop and started to go through her emails, she noticed one of the invites that were sent to her.

“Oh, it’s that person.” She murmured as she saw GM Daewoo’s logo on the header, the company was inviting her to dinner, wanting to discuss their recent relationship with ShinHan.

She was about to reply when her iMessage app notified her of a message. It was from Chanyeol.

Have you seen the Jeep’s car key?

She blinked before typing quickly.

You have a Jeep?

Minae opened her email again and sent a short reply to GM Daewoo, saying she’d meet with them at their given schedule.

Yes, we have a Jeep, the one you call Chucky, darling.

She smiled, hearing the sarcasm in his words.

Ah, I remember. Check your left drawer, the one that’s in your study.

Chanyeol sent her a kissy face emoji before logging off. Minae shook her head in amusement before putting her laptop away and closing her eyes.

 

 

“We haven’t been in Tokyo for some time.”

Jin glanced at his cousin and nodded, Hoseok and he were waiting for the car to pick them up from the hotel. They were on their way to the conference.

“We have a hectic schedule though; we have to be back in Seoul quickly too.” The older male claimed, Hoseok sighed and nodded.

“Right.”

Jin was about to reply when a black van pulled over the hotel’s curb and a familiar looking lady slid down from the vehicle.

“She looks..familiar.” Hoseok murmured, he looked at his cousin.

Minae was speaking with her secretary as she walked towards the revolving doors, she was dressed in a pair of black jeans and a nice crisp shirt with a pair of leather sneakers.

“Ah, your~”

Minae paused as she saw them, and then she smiled.

“We meet again, vice president Park.” Jin greeted her and offered his hand, Minae nodded.

“I’m guessing you’re also here for work? The conference?” Minae asked him as she took her hand in his. Hoseok grew amused, and he grinned at his cousin.

“I received your company’s email. I’ll be there tomorrow night.”

“That’s great, I just took over out Korea operations this year, and things are still a little confusing.”

“This year?” Minae asked, Hoseok chimed in.

“Hyung has been working in Japan for the past few years.”

Minae looked at him, she blinked.

“This is my younger cousin, Jung Hoseok.”

“Ah, nice to meet you.” Minae shook the male’s hand.

“Then, I’ll see you later at the conference, VP Park?” Jin asked her just as Minae’s secretary reached them, the two noticed the girl’s bodyguards standing a few meters away from them.

“Yes, then, I’ll get going.” Minae said with a small bow before heading off. JIn smiled to himself and his cousin playfully nudged him.

“Hyung, she’s married.”

“What are you saying? We were talking about work.” Jin rolled his eyes at him as their car arrived.

“Just get over her, hyung. You just might get hurt.” Hoseok pointed out as they got inside the BMW sedan.

“I just want to be friends, Hoseok-ah.”

“Just that?” Hoseok snorted as Jin stepped on the gas.

“Yeah, just that. I’ve always wanted..to be friends with her.”

 

 

Chanyeol puffed his cheeks as he put his headphones on, he was taking down notes as the beat started to play.

“How is it?” The composer asked him, he gave him a thumbs up.

“I think this will fit Shinee well, Taemin made this?”

“Yes, president.”

“I like it, forward this to my office, and I’ll discuss it with our directive team.” Chanyeol instructed as he set the pencil down.

“Have they finalized the concept? Their Japan comeback is also scheduled this year.”

Chanyeol leaned back on his seat and asked for the lights to be brightened a bit.

“We are still discussing it, I’m still not comfortable about this sudden influx of the whole Western influence trend right now. I mean, it’s not bad, I just don’t want the elements of our music to change.” Chanyeol stated, the staff nodded back.

“I’ll take to Onew about this, since Minho’s still in the hospital. Key and Taemin are really busy these days.” Chanyeol stood up, he picked up his phone from the desk.

“We’ll take note of that, sir.”

“Then, I’ll see you in tomorrow’s meeting.” Chanyeol said as he stepped out of the room, he was about to head straight for the office when a familiar pair approached him.

“Haneul-ssi,” Chanyeol said politely, Haneul nodded and bowed politely.

“President, we’re here to discuss something.” Her manager spoke, Chanyeol nodded and gestured for them to walk with him.

“I heard that you are attending Dragon Awards this year?”

“I am, why?”

“Well, earlier, we had a meeting, all the managers and the promotions team as well. And Haneul and I spoke about it,”

“Ah, this year is your first, right?” Chanyeol’s eyes went to the girl briefly.

“Yes, president.”

“And, we figured, it would help her a lot if she comes with you, sir. To give her more exposure and for people to recognize her too, since it’s also her first event under SM.”

Chanyeol paused, his hands buried in his jean pockets.

“It was mentioned that samonim is out of town, we took note of that too.” Haneul said with a small smile.

“Well, if it will help the company, why not? I’ll see you tomorrow night then, miss Kang.” Chanyeol patted the manager’s shoulder before walking towards the elevator, Haneul smiled to herself before padding after her manager.

 

 

Minae leaned back on her designated seat as the symposium begun, her secretary was seated beside her, typing away on his laptop.

She paid attention to the screen as numbers and charts flashed, she puffed her cheeks, a little bored.

“Would you like something to eat, ma’am?”

“I’ll get something for us to munch on. You can do the listening for me,” Minae mused back before standing up, she brought her wallet with her as she stepped out of the hall. She yawned as she took out her phone to check her messages. Jinah had sent her photos of the shoes and pair of pearl earrings from Chanel she wanted.

Minae made her way towards the array of vending machines and stared at them, she scratched the back of her head. Because, ShinHan’s genius vice president did not know how to operate a vending machine, not even the most basic ones.

“Wow, where is Park Chaneyol when I need him?” She murmured to herself as she took out some coins. She pursed her lips as she looked at the different types of candy and small pastries that were flashing on the screen.

“Don’t know which to choose?”

She looked up and paused, Seokjin was making his way towards her.

“I was never…I never really got along with vending machines.” She said good-naturedly.

“What were you planning on?” He asked her, Minae pointed towards the mini shortcakes. Jin nodded, he took out some coins and put them in the machine. Minae watched as he pressed a couple of buttons, then the sweets were already in his hand.

“How much was all that?” She asked as Jin handed her to shortcakes.

“It’s nothing. Consider it as my treat.” He smiled at her, Minae shook her head.

“Thank you, director Kim.”

“You arrived alone.” Jin said conversationally as he walked with her.

“I usually go to these type of things alone, my husband’s pretty busy with his company.”

“Whoa, he’s very lucky then.” He chuckled, Minae shook her head with a small smile.

“How is it? You mentioned you just took over your Seoul operations.” Minae asked, her tone light.

“It’s not as easy as I thought it would be, my father has been making meet everyone.”

“That’s not a bad thing, director Kim.” She nodded, Jin paused, he glanced at her, Minae was looking at the view before them.

“And, it’s Jin.”

“What?”

“Just call me Jin.” He said with a grin, Minae paused, hesitant but she gave him a nod.

“Then, you can call me Min~” She paused when her phone started to ring, his eyes went to the screen.

Chanyeol

“I have to take this, thanks for the sweets.” Minae said before stepping away from him, Jin leaned against the railing and watched as she walked away.

“He’s making you do all the work, it’s unfair.”

 

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++