021

Loey's Wife

It was eight in the morning on Saturday, and Chanyeol was on the phone with his secretary.

“I know you don’t like going to the office during weekends, but it’s an emergency, sir.”

He sighed, he was walking in the kitchen, barefoot despite the harsh temperature outside, he was waiting for his coffee.

“It’s for the year end programs, we need your signature on it. And, the yearly actor awards too, our artists can’t go if you~”

“Then, who’s coming over?” Chanyeol grumbled as he took out two mugs, he had a feeling that Minae would be waking up in a few minutes.

“Sulli and Yoona’s managers, Yoo Jaesuk’s too. And Haneul.”

“Haneul? From accounting?” Chanyeol padded towards the frigdge, he was just dressed in a pair of designer sweatpants that he loved wearing to bed, and no shirt.

“No, the actress. The one you accompanied~”

“Ah, I remember now. Send them in, but tell to be quick.” He said before ending the call, he heard Toben barking in the living room. He picked up the pooch and headed up for the stairs, he made his way to Min’s room.

“Min? Can I come in?” He asked from behind the doors, when there was no reply, he walked in and found the girl, still in bed.

He grinned and put Toben down, the dog immediately leapt on the bed.

“I’m having some guests over in a few. Do you want something to eat? Waffles?” He asked as Minae shifted on the bed, she sat up and rubbed her eyes.

“Minae?” Chanyeol spoke again, she looked at him through her narrowed eyes.

“I hate you. Go away.” She grumbled, he laughed before blowing her a kiss, she grimaced at him.

“I’ll see you downstairs then, VP Park.” He joked before leaving the room.

 

 

Haneul could only stare at the house’s façade as the van rolled into the property, she swallowed before checking her reflection again.

“I don’t understand why you insisted on coming, you don’t have to. You have filming later.” Her manager commented as the vehicle pulled to a full stop.

“Oppa, it’s okay. I just want to be respectful.” She said with a small grin as the two males let her through first.

They heard the front doors open, and a maid let them in. Her eyes wandered around the foyer.

“Oh, you guys are here.” A familiar deep voice greeted them, she glanced back and saw Chanyeol, he was in the middle of putting on his shirt as he greeted them.

“Sorry, I just woke up a few minutes ago. Come in,” He said as he gestured for them to follow him. They ended up sitting by the kitchen counter, across the mini bar.

“Our apologies, president. We were really busy yesterday that we forgot to turn in these papers for you to sign.” Sulli’s manager spoke first and he pushed the folder towards the male.

Chanyeol smiled before picking up the pen, he started to review the papers.

“Are you alone, president? It’s a weekend, are you going out later?” Haneul asked, Chanyeol looked at her and nodded back.

“I might have to head out later for grocery shopping. It’s good to see you again, Haneul-ssi.”

She smiled to herself and righted her skirt, the three males were looking at their boss with anticipation. Her eyes went the the veins on his arms as he toyed with the pen while reading the papers.

“Sir, would you~”

“Chanyeol?” A feminine voice called from the second floor, then a ball of black fur came speeding towards them.

“Toben,” Yoona’s manager leaned down to pet him.

“Kitchen!” Chanyeol called out without looking up, Haneul leaned back on the stool and crossed her arms.

Let’s see how you look like without the clothes and all the makeup.

 

 

“Your usual?” Baekhyun asked as they walked in the coffee shop, Jinah nodded back and searched for an vacant table. The couple was out early to shop for some fresh seafood and they decided to get some coffee before going home.

She decided to choose the table near the windows, she set her bag down and took out her phone.

“Whoa, you woke me up at two in the morning to tell me that you were flying home. How thoughtful of you.”

She glanced behind her, there were two males just behind her table, the latter laughed before taking a quick sip of his drink.

“I forgot to inform my parents and hyung, I don’t want to take a cab.”

Jinah leaned back on her seat, she started to check her emails while waiting for Baekhyun.

“So, is there an update regarding your crush?”

“Stop.”

“Come on, I’m assuming you’ve met vice president Park numerous times ever since you went home.”

Jinah looked at the counter again, Baekhyun was in the process of paying for their drinks.

“Minae? Of course, abeoji prefers to bank with ShinHan.”

Jinah blinked and looked up from her phone’s screen, and then she tried to use the reflection on her phone’s black screen to see who were seated behind her.

“And you’re happy, huh? I mean, you get to see her a lot. Your dream girl.” The male, who seemed to be the younger one chortled, the other shook his head.

“I even witnessed something odd, let’s talk about it later. I met her husband too.”

Jinah pursed her lips, intrigued.

“Ah, that..producer? SM?”

“Yeah, him.”

“So, what do you think? Do you still think that they’re too scripted?”

Jinah almost dropped her phone, stunned. Baekhyun joined her on the table, but before he could speak, she sent him a look.

“Honestly speaking, hyung, I don’t see it. I mean, they’re pretty much the usual couple. You’re just getting to obsessive over her.” He laughed, but the other male shook his head.

“I just..I don’t know. They’re marriage, it seems too convenient, don’t you think?”

Jinah puffed her cheeks and looked at Baekhyun, who was blinking back at her. She typed in a quick text to him, he paused when he took out his phone.

“What?” He asked her, she glared at him, gesturing for him to read her message.

“Behind you?” He mouthed at her, she nodded back. Baekhyun looked at the two males, his forehead creased, trying to put names on their faces.

“Ah, GM Daewoo, I think.” He said softly as he pushed her coffee towards the girl, Jinah turned to look at the male again and her lips pursed.

What a nosy bastard.

 

 

The managers all tensed, and politely looked away.

“What were you saying earlier? Did you make coffee?” Minae walked in the kitchen, she was wearing a huge black shirt that hung just a few inches above her knees, the shirt accentuated her nicely shaped thighs and curvy figure.

“S—Samonim, g—good morning.”

Chanyeol looked up from the papers, he grew confused at his employees’ expressions, and then he turned behind them. Minae was trying to reach for something at the cupboard. He realized that the girl had worn one of his shirts to sleep. Just his shirt, or that’s how it looked like.

“Minae,” He murmured as he got off his seat and approached her. He grabbed one of the aprons by the fridge and wrapped it around her waist, she was about to protest when Minae realized that they had guests. She paused briefly, and she gave them a small polite smile.

“I’m sorry, I didn’t know we had company.” She was flustered, Haneul couldn’t help but notice how clear her skin was and the natural blush on her cheeks.

And the other managers seem to notice how beautiful the samonim was for none of them could meet her gaze.

Haneul rolled her eyes and crossed her arms, Chanyeol leaned down to speak to her. She nodded back and pointed towards the coffee maker.

“I know, no sugar, loads of cream.” He joked, Minae rolled her eyes, still a little cranky from sleep, she poked his cheek before facing them again.

“I’ll leave you to chit chat with your boss. Great to see you guys.” Minae smiled, she ushered for Toben to follow her. Haneul nodded back, before shaking her head.

Show off.

“Chanyeol? The people from Mercedes Benz are here. We talked about this!” Minae called for him, Chanyeol paused and a small sheepish smile formed on his lips.

“I don’t need another car, Park Yeol!”

The managers shared knowing smiles between them, Haneul looked away, her eyes zeroed on the wedding portrait on the wall.

“A gift for samonim, sir?”

Chanyeol nodded before signing his name over the dotted line.

“I try to cover up for my shortcomings.” He said pleasantly.

“Well, she must be living the life then, president.” Haneul spoke, leaning over the desk. Chanyeol looked at her, then at the front of her shirt. Suddenly, Jinah’s voice started to echo in his head, he looked away before sliding down the chair.

“No, I am living the life. I’m married to her.”

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++