037

Loey's Wife

 

Chanyeol stood before the windows and sighed, right after what happened, Eunhye and Aera were escorted out of the house and Minae had disappeared to her room.

Chanyeol even panicked when he realized he was left along with the Jung elder, but the man just asked him to stay for dinner and welcomed him to the family. Chanyeol took out his phone and dialed for Baekhyun.

“Did you tell her already? Or do I have to call Seokjin?”

“Hey, I need your help.”

“What? Did something happen?” She asked, he could hear Jinah talking in the background, they were probably out.

“Something happened, Jinah. Min…Min got so angry earlier.”

“Huh? Why?”

“We’re at her grandfather’s place, her aunt came in, an argument started and…I don’t know. her halbae wants her to spend the night here. She disappeared before I could talk to her.” Chanyeol murmured, he walked towards the couch and sat down.

“What do I do? Do I stay here too? I don’t want her to be alone.”

“What do you mean Min got so angry? What did she do?”

“She pushed her aunt and cussed her cousin. I was so surprised.” Chanyeol couldn’t help but smile, Baekhyun turned quiet.

“You know what, at first, I thought you just wanted her. She’s pretty, attractive and smart. And then, as time went on, I realized that, it was more than that. You’ve always had feelings for her, I mean, you wanted to marry her to protect her.”

“She took over for~”

“Sure, she did. But think about it, do you know how outrageous that arrangement is? She’s the one with the most advantage and you arranged that.”

The tall male turned his head to the fireplace, and he stretched his legs before him.

“You better act fast, or else you’d really be defeated just because of a bunch of flowers and your damned pride.”

“Baek, I can’t want her. She’s too good for me. She’s strong now, you know. What if she realizes that she no longer needs me?”

“So, go ahead. Let go of her. If you can.” Baekhyun replied, Chanyeol swallowed.

“I’ll spend the night here.” He said.

“Ya, you be there for her. You might not realize it, but she needs you. She really does.”

 

 

“A change?” Jin looked up from his computer, his secretary nodded and placed the document on his desk.

“Yes, it was just sent to our office this afternoon. Director Nam will be the one handling our account alongside~”

“Did they tell why? Is vice president Jung out of town again?”

“No, sir. But I heard that she specifically asked for it. Since, she’s been busy lately. Her taking over Jung Oil has been all over the news.”

Jin exhaled, he leaned back on his seat and crossed his arms.

“I don’t think she’s the type to just let go of work. We are one of their biggest clients.” Jin murmured, the male nodded at him.

“Well, there’s been a lot of talk going around, sir.”

“What do you mean?”

“About the flowers. It seems that mister Park found out about it, the other day he even…asked for all of them to be thrown out of VP Park’s office.”

Jin snorted and shook his head.

“He could be behind this. Look at this guy,” Jin chuckled to himself, and then he sat up.

“Acting all possessive when he’s the one messing around.”

“Sir~”

“Release the photos. I want them on every website and channel by tomorrow.”

 

 

Minae exhaled as she looked at her reflection over the sink, her hair was still wet from her shower. She felt bad that she was happy. And she was worried too. Things were going well, too well.

She exhaled and closed her eyes, she had no idea what came over, but she just got so angry and fed up. They could touch anything, hurt her and berate her. But not him. Not Chanyeol.

“Never.” She said as she picked up her brush and stepped out of the bathroom, she put on a pair of nice silk pajamas, the matching slip made her rethink. She shouldn’t be just wearing that to dinner. She looked around the room and noticed Chanyeol’s duffel. She yanked it open and got one of his hoodies.

Minae was in the process of putting it on when it hit her.

“Not my angel. Not him.”

Minae fixed the sleeves of the hoodie, and she looked at the ring on her finger. Her brows rose, what was she doing? What were they doing?

For how long must they continue this? She can’t tie him down like this, Chanyeol doesn’t deserve this. She ran her fingers through her hair and plopped down on the bed.

“What am I doing? Who am I to hold onto him like this?” She murmured as she toyed with her wedding ring. She pressed the diamond on her palm harshly and she curled her fist around it.

“I never wished for this. I never wished for you.”

 

 

Minae stepped out of her room with a first aid kit in hand, she made her way towards the stairs but she heard some movement, she paused and noticed the doors to her grandfather’s library were ajar.

“Loey?” She called out as she walked in, he paused and turned to her.

“I was worried secretary Seo got the wrong clothes.” He broke into a smile as she walked towards him, Chanyeol had requested to have some of their clothes sent earlier.

“No, this is perfect.” She nodded as she patted her hand on the desk, he blinked at her.

“Let’s clean that up.” She spoke and gestured towards his cheek, Chanyeol’s forehead creased but he followed suit. He sat down on the desk, his feet were still on the floor.

“You feeling better?” He asked softly as Minae stood between his legs, and started to clean the area around his scratch. Chanyeol could sense how tensed she was, so he placed his palm on her waist.

“Min, it’s fine. I’m okay.”

“No, it’s not.” She spoke without meeting his gaze, she yanked the ointment open and ignored the tube’s cover as it rolled away on the floor. He flinched as she applied it on the small cuts on his cheek, he heard Minae sigh softly.

“I’m sorry, I didn’t know she would go…violent.” She said as she set the things down on the table beside him.

“It’s okay. How are you feeling?” He asked her, Min shook her head, he noticed how her lower lip quivered.

“Min,”

She shook her head again and wordlessly buried her face on the crook of his neck.

“I’m sorry, I didn’t see it coming. She hurt you. I’m really sorry. I’ve always relied on you to protect me from them.” She choked, he sighed and simply wrapped her arms around him.

“Min, it’s just a couple of scratches, it’s going to be alright.” He said soothingly, Minae shook her head and just wrapped her arms around his neck.

“I’m..I’m just really sorry.”

“Remember what I told you?” He spoke, Minae shook her head, not letting go of him. Chanyeol smiled and rubbed her back in a comforting manner.

“If you let me, I can give you everything. So, just do your thing and finish this.”

Minae paused, hearing those words for the second time, it didn’t sound right. He was trying to tell her something.

“E—everything?” She pulled away to meet his gaze, Chanyeol nodded.

“Yeah, I’d do that. For you.”

“But I’m just…Minae.” She murmured, Chanyeol smiled before leaning down to press his lips against hers.

“Exactly.” He whispered as he released her lips from his. Minae was staring back at him, he could see the confusion her eyes.

“W~”

The doors opened widely and the family butler walked in, Chanyeol dropped his arms from her waist.

“Dinner is served, vice president and young master Park.”

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++