001

Loey's Wife

“Traffic was really bad today,” The young woman said from the back seat of the Rolls Royce Phantom.

“Yes, vice president. But don’t worry, you still have thirty minutes before the meeting begins.” Her assistant said to her. The car slowly pulled to a halt, the girl smiled as the door was opened for her.

“Did he call?” She asked as she walked ahead, the lady nodded back.

“Yes, he did. He’s asking if you can drop by. It’s an event at the company.”

“Sure.” Her reply was quick as they she stepped in the lobby and the employees bowed as she passed by.

“Minae, my favorite child!” She saw president Park standing by elevator, Minae smiled as she neared the elder.

“Just got back from Japan, abeoji?” She asked him as the doors opened, the elder ushered her in their secretaries followed.

“I did, I sent those rice crispies you love so much. It’s probably at your place by now.”

“I know, I had some during breakfast. Thank you.” She chuckled as she hooked arms with the elder.

“Right, I’ve been wanting to ask you before the meeting,” The elder started to talk, Min nodded for him to continue.

“Why aren’t you pregnant yet?”

“You can only ask me business related things in the office.” She reminded him with a grin, the elder snorted.

“Heol. Genius daughter-in-law, cannot trick her.”

The secretaries grinned at each other, the two didn’t act like in-laws at all.

“What is it, abeoji?”

“It’s regarding the offer by BM Interface. We shou~”

“We shouldn’t jump to it right away.”

The elder paused, he glanced at her, Min pressed her lips together before speaking.

“I don’t know how to put this into better words, but, Samsung will be filing lawsuit agains them by this week. So, it’s better we not entertain them.” She said quietly.

“Really?”

“Yes, fraud, abeoji. It’s pretty bad. But, it’s not out for public knowledge yet, I’ll just tell the board to hold off all decisions for that one.” She said with a reassuring smile as they reached the conference room.

“Okay, I’ll leave it to you then, Min.”

 

 

His fingers were drumming on the table along with the beat, the production team listened along with him with concentration.

Looking at the male seated on the center of the long table, one would think he was a celebrity himself, a top idol. However, he was not.

In fact, he was the youngest CEO in the entertainment industry. Four years ago, SM Entertainment was dying, fast. If it weren’t Park Chanyeol, who was listening to the track playing right now, the company would have died and be forgotten.

But he took a leap, he decided to risk it all for SMEnt., and now it was one of the big three and houses a huge number of top artists and home to a number of big time celebrities.

“How is it, president?”

He looked up, his eyes leaving the screen of his phone.

“The rap,” He said, his deep baritone voice made the other staff sit up straight.

“It needs something else, but I can’t point it out.” He murmured as he leaned back on his seat, he was dressed in a black sweatshirt that fit his frame perfectly and a pair of knee slitted jeans.

“Ah, we’ll talk to~”

“I’ll talk to Taeyong myself, I don’t want him to change it totally. Just some tweaks, this song is great.” He nodded, he rubbed his palms together.

“Regarding the talks about the collaboration, president,” One of the staff started to talk, he nodded for him to continue.

“We’ve been getting a lot of offers, especially for dramas.”

“Have you asked the artists how about it?”

“No, I was thinking to ask you first.” The male replied, Chanyeol paused, his forehead creasing.

“Ask them fir~” His phone pinged, he picked it up and opened the message.

I’m on my way there. Want something to eat? –Min

He smiled before typing in a quick reply, he set his phone down before facing the room again.

“Continue.”

 

 

“Samonim, here it is.”

Min glanced to her left, her bodyguard was pointing towards the aisle.

“He gets really picky when comeback dates are due to be announced.” She murmured as she leaned over the display of snacks.

“It’s lunchtime, you’re getting him chips?” Her secretary asked as she helped her get a few bags of potato chips.

“Even if I get him proper food, he wont eat.” She said to the girl as they crossed towards the refreshments zone.

“Right, president Park has gotten a lot busier these days. All his groups are making it big.”

“Should I get you a signed album?” Min joked at the girl, she pointed towards the cherry sodas.

“Please get four of those.” She said to the guard.

“I want a photocard.”

“A…what?” Min blinked at her, the girl laughed.

“The president would know about this. A photocard of Jeno.”

“Isn’t..he a little too young for you?” Min asked, still confused.

“Don’t you think he’s pretty, vice president?” The girl chuckled as she gestured for her boss to walk ahead.

“Well, he is. But I don’t think I would want a photocard of him. How big is it? Do you need to have it framed?”

 

 

Chanyeol was meeting at the company’s café, chatting with some of the employees and a few members of NCT.

“October. First week.” He said, the leader of NCT nodded.

“We already have the track list prepared. And the concept as well.” Chanyeol said to him, the younger male nodded. The famous SM company café had a clear glass wall, and on some days, fans would stand outside, trying to catch a glimpse of their favorite stars. And now, since four of the NCT members were eating at the café, there were a lot of young girls outside.

Yuta and Mark waved at them, the squealing ensued, Chanyeol glanced at them and he smiled, and of course, despite being the CEO of SMEnt., girls scream for him too.

“Regarding TV appearances, this year~”

The sliding doors opened and a familiar face walked in, Chanyeol’s secretary stood up to greet her.

“Samonim,” He said, Min smiled and bumped fists with him, Chanyeol stood up from his seat.

“Hey guys,” Min said with a polite smile, the staff greeted her.

“You’re here,” Chanyeol said as he steered her away from the table, Min chuckled and handed him the bag of snacks.

“You said you wanted pasta, but I know you’re lying. You’re not the type to eat properly especially when you’re busy. And I hate that habit.” She pointed out, Chanyeol chuckled and started to rummage through the bag.

“How was work? Abeoji gave you a hard time?” Chanyeol asked as he placed one palm on her waist while facing the girl, while his other hand tucked a lock of her hair behind her ear.

And now the girls outside were screaming Minae’s name, she acknowledged them with a small shy wave.

“No, everything’s fine. Do you want to hear how the meeting went?”

“Nope.” Chanyeol smiled before pressing his lips against hers, he squeezed her waist lightly before letting go.

 

“Nice.” She said dryly while wiping her lipstick off the side of of his lips, Chanyeol chuckled before walking towards their table.

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++