008

It's You, Always

“You know, appa,” Hana started as they went through their meal, Kai glanced at her.

“I’m not you, I’m not made for the hotel business.”

“Then what were you made me for? Spending my money?”

“Isn’t that the whole point of having me in first place?” She replied, Kai almost choked on his food as he stopped himself from laughing. Hana grinned at him.

“Hana, you know what I mean. You’re the only one I can leave the company to.”

“What about him?” Hana jutted her thumb towards Kai, the elder chuckled.

“Jongin has his own company to manage, you know that.”

Hana exhaled and looked at her plate, Kai could sense it. Hana was avoiding the topic of her taking over, it somehow made uncomfortable. And he couldn’t understand why. Surely, Hana could do it, Kai saw her specs. She graduated top of her class, even got training in New York and China.

But why was the girl so iffy when it came to helping her father?

“Just think about it, you know I need you here.”

Hana rolled her eyes at him, the elder smiled and patted her hand.

“Fine, I wont leave, so unfreeze my account. Especially my trust.” She grumbled as she cut through her steak.

“Consider it done, daughter. Now, about you moving back to our home, I would~”

“Don’t even think about it, appa.” She said without looking up from her plate, the elder closed his mouth. Kai looked up, amused again.

With they way she’s handling her father, Hana would make a good CEO.

 

 

“I know, not exactly the best daughter out there. But I try.” Hana said as they pulled over in front of SK Gangnam, Kai grinned at her before sliding down the car.

“You try?” He repeated as he raised the huge Dior shopping bag on his hand, Hana snorted at him before handing the key fob to the valet.

“But the thing is, Jonginie,” She said as they walked towards the entrance, she held onto the sleeve of his coat as she continued.

“I don’t do the whole leading people thing. I try not to have any human interaction on a daily basis.” She said as they entered the lobby, Kai laughed.

“So, what does that make me? A non-human?”

“Alien.” She replied as she hopped on an empty luggage cart again, without thinking, Kai dropped the bag beside her and started pulling the cart along with him.

“Only an alien would willingly have two jobs.” She recounted.

“What are you doing, Kang Hana?”

Kai stopped walking and looked before them, Hana started to smile.

“Kim Jongin, I see you’ve survived the first few days with my best friend.” Hyemi said flatly as she approached the two.

“Hyemi-ah,” Kai nodded at her before patting the girl’s arm. Hana hopped down the cart and hugged her friend.

“Ya, why didn’t you call before~”

“Hana!” A deep voice bellowed and before anyone could react, Hana was being spun around.

“Oppa, please.” She complained, Chanyeol chuckled before putting her down.

“Everyone knows everyone, nice. Hey, hyung.” Kai commented.

“We came by to pick her up, barbeque at my place. Wanna come too?” Hyemi asked Kai.

“Jonginie should join us.” Hana nudged his arm.

“I have an appointment too, I’m sorry.” Kai mussed her hair, Hana shrugged.

“See? He’s weird, he works way too hard and~”

“Hana-yah?”

 

 

Hyemi followed Hana’s gaze and she halted, Chanyeol and Kai were both looking at the male with familiarity.

“You just came back from lunch?” The male asked as he walked towards her, Hana took a step back, she almost tripped on the luggage cart.

“Hana,” Kai steadied her back as he caught her elbow.

“M—Myungsoo oppa.” Hana spoke, Myungsoo smiled.

“I was nervous you already forgot about me.” He joked before reaching out to hug her briefly, Hyemi groaned inwardly.

“H-How could I? How have you been, oppa?” Hana pulled away from him, the male chuckled.

Chanyeol was staring at the two, he had a feeling he was missing something. He started to chew on his lower lip, and then it hit him. He was about to react but Hyemi stomped in his foot, he glared at the girl in annoyance.

“I’ve been well, how about we grab coffee some time? I’ll swing by to pick you up.” Myungsoo suggested. Kai was looking at the two, something felt odd. Hana was being awkward, and from the Hana he knew, she was never the type to be awkward. Not even with their foreign guests, although she claims not to like humans at times.

But this was different.

“Sure, just give me a call, oppa.”

“Good, your sister already went ahead. So I decided to wait around so I could see you.” Myungsoo smiled and gently tucked a lock of her hair behind her ear.

“Ah, yes.”

“I’ll call you tomorrow then. It’s nice to see you, Kai.” Myungsoo said before walking away from the group.

“ing .” Hyemi muttered under her breath, Hana exhaled and shook her head.

“That looks like it might bruise.” Kai pointed towards her ankle, she followed his gaze.

“It’s~”

“Come on, let’s take care of that.” Kai gestured for her to climb on the cart again, Hana bit her lip and followed.

“Let’ talk upstairs.” She faced Chanyeol and Hyemi, the two nodded and Kai started to pull her along.

“That was her ex. She dated Myungsoo before Sera did. Right?” Chanyeol balked at Hyemi.

“Well, before Sera snatched him away from her.”

 

 

“So, you really have zero plans of escaping anymore?” Kai asked as Hana sat on the countertop, her legs dangling over the tiled floor.

“Why, are you worried?” She mused back as Kai filled the icepack with ice, he grinned before facing her.

“Well, I got to mentally prepare myself.” He said as he walked towards her, Hana was about to take the pack from him but he shook his head and pressed it on her ankle quickly.

“GM-nim, I can do that~”

“What is it, really? GM-nim or Jonginie?” He said jokingly as he leaned back on the counter beside her, Hana had successfully taken the icepack from him and was pressing it against her ankle.

“Nini.” She chuckled, Kai glanced at her and he smiled.

“I know; you probably have questions. Why am I awkward with my sister’s boyfriend?”

“Actually, I would rather ask why you were more awkward with your sister, but go ahead.”

Hana chuckled, but he didn’t ask further, instead, he just took out a bottle of water from the fridge and opened it.

“What did I tell you? You have to stop speaking to that rodent!” Hyemi’s voice echoed from the door, they both looked up.

“Uhm, Hyemi,” Hana winced and shook her head.

“I mean, he should have said no. He is such a ing~”

Kai leaned back on the counter and crossed his arms, there was an amused smile all over his face. Hana exhaled as Hyemi reached them, the other girl halted and blinked at the male.

“Oh, so you’re allowed to have boys in your suite?”

“According to her, I’m an alien.” Kai replied, Hana nodded quickly. Hyemi snorted at the two.

“Well, General manager Kim, you better not allow that Kim Myungsoo enter~”

“Hyemi.” Hana hissed at her, Kai patted her knee before finishing his water.

“I have to get back to work, you ladies have a nice afternoon.” Kai said.

“Ah, you’re going to give me an afternoon off? Really?” Hana asked him, Kai started to laugh heartily, Hyemi’s brows rose up. Way up.

“I’m not the slave driver, Hana. That would be the chairman.” Kai joked back before leaning over to muss her hair.

“I’m going to take this before someone gets hurt again.” He stated as he tugged the luggage cart with him.

“We’re still going on that bus tour thing tomorrow!” Hana called out from the counter as he reached the doors.

“No buses. I’ll arrange something else.” He called back, Hyemi heard the doors open.

“But, I want~”

“You can’t negotiate this one. See you tomorrow, Hana.” Kai cut her off before leaving the suite, Hyemi smiled to herself before taking a seat on one of the stools.

“What?” Hana said as she noticed how her friend was looking at her with a huge grin on her face.

“Oh, nothing. I’m just glad you get along with the GM.”

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++