013

It's You, Always

Hana looked at her reflection, she was dressed in a nice houndstooth blazer dress and on her feet were a pair of Chanel stilettos.

“I didn’t see you this morning,” A voice made her look away from the windows, she turned and found Kai walking towards her.

“I had to finish the report you were asking for, duh.” She said dryly, Kai chuckled and gestured for her to walk with him.

“So, what were you up to this morning?”

“I spoke with the chef, just like you asked. And reminded housekeeping regarding the towel issue.” She said conversationally, and then she halted when she tried to fix the strap of her shoe. Kai felt the girl hold on to the sleeve of his coat as she righted the strap around her ankle.

“Good job, young miss.” Kai mused as he held on her arm instead to steady her, Hana snorted before standing up straightly again. The male let go of her, and then Hana started to speak again.

“Abeoji called me earlier, he wants me to tell you that he wont be able to attend your family’s party tomorrow night.”

“Really? Is he out of town?” Kai asked as they entered the elevator.

“He had to fly to Tokyo, so, he’s sending me in his place. I hope that’s okay with you.” She joked as the doors opened again.

“Whoa, I might call the office and tell them to prepare.” Kai muttered under his breath.

“Ya!” Hana complained and playfully nudged him, Kai laughed and faced the girl again.

“Of course it’s okay, Hana. I’d love it if you come.”

“Good, because I plan to brag about KB Financial’s son working at our hotel and not at their multi-billion~”

“I get it, I get it, I wont talk about you taking over at the party.” Kai rolled his eyes at her, she chuckled and hooked her arm around his as they stepped out of the elevator.

“We should have seasoned chicken for lunch, do they serve that at the café?” She asked as they passed by the offices, what they didn’t notice was how the employees would secretly glance at them appreciatively.

It was nice seeing the always disinterested young miss finally roam around the hotel and be herself.

 

 

Myungsoo loosened his tie as he sat down on his chair, he leaned his back and exhaled.

“Best wishes?” He said to himself, he pulled his drawer open.

“What have I gotten myself into?” He said as he took out the sample invitations and set them aside.

He picked up a small leather envelop and gently removed the items inside it, they were photos.

Photos of him and her.

He picked out his favorite, it was photo of him and Hana, it was taken by the Han River. The girl was sitting on his lap, trying to braid his hair, she was laughing. While Myungsoo held onto her waist, letting her do whatever she wanted.

Myungsoo put the photo down and looked away, his forehead creased.

“Sir?”

He looked up, his secretary was standing by the door.

“Come in.”

The male walked in the room, he was about to present his boss’s schedule for the rest of the week when he noticed the photos.

“She…really is in town, chairman.” He said carefully, Myungsoo wordlessly nodded.

“But, chairman, are you really sure about this?”

Myungsoo bit his lip and stood up, he grabbed his coat from the rack.

“I..have to see her. Can you move the meeting tomorrow?”

“Y—Yes, chairman. I’ll~”

“If Sera calls tell her I had to meet up with the board, so I can’t get back to her right away.” Myungsoo said as he left the office without glancing back.

 

 

“So, what do you think? Hana seems to be enjoying herself.” Chairman Kang asked as they deplaned, his secretary glanced at him briefly.

“By enjoying…you mean she impressed them so much at the meeting they forgot how much it cost us just to fly her home?” Secretary Lee replied, his boss chuckled heartily.

“Yes.”

The younger male could only blink back at him.

“You were right; she works well with Kai.” He said as they headed straight for the waiting Mercedes Benz sedan.

“It was just a guess, since, GM Kim is the youngest amongst all other executives, it would be quite difficult to have the young miss work with someone..well in her words, ancient.”

“Exactly, I saw how those two interacted with each other at the meeting, he…helped her a lot. Especially with adjusting with her new job.” He said as they got inside the vehicle.

“What are you trying to insinuate, chairman? You’d rather marry her off to GM Kim if she doesn’t want to take over?”

“Well, we have to have a plan B, right?” The elder replied in a jolly tone.

“Chairman, even the SWAT can’t save you if ever she hears about this, please don’t even think about it.” He sighed as he strapped his seatbelt on.

The elder started to laugh.

“Of course, only the best man can marry my daughter.”

“I worry for that man, whoever he is.” Secretary nodded solemnly.

 

 

“Nope, I’m done for day. No more tables and graphs.” Hana said to herself as she reached the lobby, she checked the time on her Piaget timepiece. It was already late in the afternoon.

“Clocking out early?” A familiar voice made her pause, she turned behind her.

“I got hungry.”

“So, you’re going out for a meal before your next meal?” Kai said jokingly while raising one eyebrow.

tumblr_pa5fd65uS01tno6c3o1_400.gif

“Did you follow me here just to judge me?” She crossed her arms, Kai laughed before righting the strap of her bag around her shoulder.

“I was actually hoping you’d invite me to eat with you.” He said.

“Fine, you’re coming. Ugh, I’m always stuck with my boss.” She shrugged at him and grumbled as she walked away.

Kai smiled to himself as he kept up with her, he offered his arm to the girl. Hana unconsciously took it as they made their way towards her waiting car.

“Which place are we going to? I can~”

“Hana.”

Hana halted, she looked up and her brows went up. Jongin followed her gaze, then he glanced at the girl worriedly.

Myungsoo was breathing heavily as he approached them, it was clear that he had been running.

“Oh, Myungsoo oppa.” Hana stuttered, Myungsoo nodded at her. Kai felt Hana let go of his arm as Myungsoo neared them.

“What brings~”

“I can’t do it.” Myungsoo stated, Kai grew confused, he looked around them, people were already starting stare at them, even the staff.

“I can’t get married to your sister.”

Hana could only stare at him, not knowing what to say, not knowing how to react. Myugnsoo exhaled and his lower lip, he held on to both of her shoulders.

 

“You. It has to be you, Hana.”

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++