017

It's You, Always

“You seem to be having fun.” Hyemi said as she approached her friend, Hana looked at her.

“I’m trying not to think of ways to excuse myself from this party.” She mused back, Hyemi snorted and sat down beside her.

“I see your two favorite people are here.” Hyemi jutted her lips towards Sera and her mother, Hana shook her head.

“Have I told you what happened earlier?”

“Why? Did something happen?” Hyemi asked, Hana exhaled and pushed her drink away.

“Sera came to the hotel this morning, and gave me a little talk about Myungsoo.”

“She, what?” Hyemi hissed, Hana shook her head.

“She told me to stop wanting him back and just..well, not want him back. She told me all that at the hotel lobby, I…I almost went bat crazy on her, but I didn’t. Be proud of me.” She nudged her.

“No, you should have axed her neck right there.” Hyemi pointed out, Hana chuckled and leaned on her seat.

“Hana, you can’t…you can’t still be…right?” She asked, Hana glanced at her.

“Myungsoo?”

Hyemi nodded, she followed Hana’s gaze, she was watching Kai as he spoke with some KB Financial executives across them. His eyes went to the two briefly, he grinned at them before looking away.

“No. It’s not Myungsoo. Anyone but him.”

 

 

“Sir,”

Kai paused, he was about to enter his office when his secretary approached him.

“This just came in this morning; we have VIP coming.”

He took the document from him and he started to smile as he read the details.

“Well, you know what to do. He has his preferred suite, have that prepared.” He said before going inside his office. Kai shook off his coat before taking his seat, he looked up when he heard the doors open.

“So, I have these,” Hana said as she walked into the room with a pile of folders, she set them down on his table and exhaled.

“You read all those?”

“I did last night; I couldn’t sleep well.” She said as she took a seat, Kai grinned at her.

“Why? I thought you and Hyemi~”

“Yes, we went out, but not for drinks, but coffee. And Mark forced us to hang out at his place and made us watch Paranormal Act~ You know what, never mind, I came by because, I can’t do this.” She pointed towards the files, Kai grew amused.

“What do you mean?”

“Appa wants me to meet with the board again, that’s why he had these reading materials sent over to me. But, I don’t want to face those people again. You know, it’s not me.” She shrugged at him.

“But you did well that last time, Hana. They like you.”

“Of course they do, I carry the family name.” She rolled her eyes at him.

“You know that’s not it, young miss.” Kai chided, she grinned at him.

“Do you want me to come with you?” He asked her, she narrowed her eyes at him.

“I promise I wont sell you to the board.” Kai raised his palm and crossed his heart, Hana laughed at him. Kai stood up from his seat and sat down across her.

“If you any questions, ask away, I’ll try to help you.” He said.

“Maybe we can switch, you do all these people-facing-hotel job, I can take care of KB Banking.” She volunteered.

“You’re the type to work better with less human interaction, I get that, but no, KB will be too much for you.” Kai said teasingly.

“Why? I understand all the banking~”

“I know you do, but it will be too much work, I wouldn’t want the young miss to be stressed, right?” He cooed at her before opening one of the folders.

“Ugh.” Hana shuddered at him.

 

 

“Is he really pairing her up with Kai?” Sera asked her mother as the car started to move forward.

“Well, he would like it if those two end up together, but you know him, he doesn’t want to force Hana into anything.”

Sera’s brows furrowed and she leaned back on the seat.

“I have to be honest, it’s a good move, he’s having her align with someone like Kai. Kai’s after all an only son.” Her mother commented and crossed her arms, Sera chewed on her lower lip.

“I heard that Myungsoo went over to see her.”

Sera glanced at her mother briefly, she shook her head.

“He probably just wanted to say hi, eomma. You know they have history.” She said coolly, her mother’s lips quirked up.

“You better be on watch; you know what it means that she’s back.”

“I don’t think she’ll be able to stay for long, eomma. She hates it here.”

“Still, you have to be careful. The board is already in love with her. Protect your place and what’s rightfully yours.”

“Eomma~”

“Take Kai if you have to. Don’t let her take your spot.”

 

 

Hana puffed her cheeks as she looked at her laptop again, she was at the hotel’s café, enjoying a cup of coffee after meeting with some of the housekeeping staff and the head chef.

She ran her fingers through her hair before closing the device, her brows furrowed deeply.

Kai stepped away from the font desk and noticed the girl sitting alone, he paused as he watched her. He smiled to himself.

tumblr_pagxsrple81r3hdhfo1_540.gif

“The board meeting is eating her.” He said quietly, then Hana looked up, her eyes went to him. Her head tilted at his casual get up.

“I’m out to meet some friends.” He mouthed at her, Hana nodded at him.

“Wanna come?” He mouthed again, she shook her head.

“I’m waiting for Mark. See you tomorrow.” She gave him a wave, Kai winked at her before walking towards the revolving doors.

Hana’s eyes followed him as Kai got inside his Mercedes and sped away from the building. She shook her head and was about to pick up her phone when someone plopped down across her.

“You know, you used to look at Myungsoo that way.” Mark commented, she blinked at him.

“What?”

Mark met her gaze and he had this grin that made Hana suspicious.

“That way. You used to look at that motherfu~”

“Okay, Mark, we’re going out. It’s time to feed the beast.” She muttered as she stood up, Mark picked up her Hermes purse and hopped after her.

“Admit it, Hana,”

She sighed and glanced at him.

“Staying in Seoul doesn’t seem a bad idea now, huh?” He nudged her, Hana shook her head at him.

“Come on, Seoul has your favorite GM-nim!”

“Shut up!” She slapped his arm, Mark cackled and raced her to the doors.

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++