020

It's You, Always

 

Hana leaned against the wall as she waited for Mark to pick up. She chewed on her lower lip as the phone continued to ring.

“Hana?”

“I..I may or may not do something stupid after this call.” She stated, there was a short pause.

“What kind of stupid?” Mark replied, Hana paused and glanced back at their table. Sera was chatting with the two males. Siwon was nodding along as the girl spoke, while Jongin remained quiet, there was a small unreadable smile on his face.

“It’s an impulsive thing to do. Do you want to stop me?”

Mark hummed, obviously amused. Hana watched as Sera reached to pat his arm across the table.

“Do you want to be stopped?”

“I don’t know.” She replied, Mark chuckled.

“Then, I’ll end this call.” Mark said before the line went dead. Hana exhaled before typing in a short message to her father.

She put her phone back in jean pocket before heading back to the three, she felt her phone vibrate once, her lips quirked up.

“We ordered steak for you, medium rare, right?” Kai said as she sat down, she smiled at him.

“Mashed potatoes too.” She said, Siwon grinned at her. Kai called for the waiter again.

Sera’s eyes went to the girl.

“You seem busy lately, are you okay?” She spoke, Hana smiled and nodded.

“I’m about to be busier.”

 

 

“Then, I have to be at the company, I’ll see you tomorrow?” Siwon asked as they stepped out of the restaurant.

“Auntie already called me earlier, lunch with the Chois it is.” Hana nodded, Sera gave the older male a wave before he walked towards his parked car.

Hana glanced at the other girl again, she crossed her arms.

“Are you guys heading back to the hotel?” Sera asked them, Kai glanced at Hana worriedly.

“Are we?” He asked her, Hana shook her head at him.

“I need to head to Apgujeong for a bit. Can you drop me off?” Hana asked him, Sera’s jaw tightened.

“I thought you drove today.” Sera said lightly, her tone was implying something else. Hana’s eyes narrowed at her before replying.

“Don’t talk to me. It’s disgusting.” Hana smiled at her before walking away from the girl, Kai faced Sera again.

“See you around, noona.” He said before jogging towards the girl. Hana had her arms crossed as she looked around the parking lot. Sera watched as the two left, she shook her head before taking her phone out.

“You were right, eomma. She has him under her hold.”

 

 

“Hey.” Kai reached her, Hana felt his hand on her back.

“I didn’t mean to bring her along, but she was waiting for me in my office and…I didn’t want to~”

“Be rude to your boss’s daughter?” She finished for him, Kai paused briefly, he nodded.

“But it was a little bit mean to me, well, your boss’s other daughter.” She continued, and then she blinked to herself.

“Okay, that sounded wrong. And, Nini, I~”

“I’m sorry, I wanted to call you in advance but I didn’t want to disturb your day off.” Kai said carefully, Hana stopped and looked at him.

“You don’t have to apologize, I had a feeling she cornered you or something.” She said to him before hooking her arm around his, Kai tensed briefly but he nodded along.

“Did you enjoy your food? I noticed you didn’t eat much.” Kai asked her, Hana shook her head at him.

“I just did something that I might really regret tomorrow.” She said to him as they reached his car, Kai paused and looked at her.

“What did you do?”

“I can already feel it; why did I act impulsively?” She continued to murmur as they reached his car.

“Did you ask Hyemi and Mark to come over again?” He said jokingly as he opened the door for her, Hana chewed on her lower lip and shook her head.

“Then, what?” He opened the door for her.

“I’ll tell you tomorrow.” Hana promised before patting his hand and sliding inside the vehicle.

“I’ll count on that then. How about we stop by for some ice cream on the way?” He suggested, Hana gave him a thumbs up before he closed the door.

Kai turned his back to her and let out a big sigh.

You do make me nervous.

 

 

Hyemi watched on as Mark grinned at their friend, Hana was munching on some chips as she looked at the TV.

“What brought this up? Did someone touch your supply of banana~”

“No.” Hana spoke, her eyes not leaving the screen, Hyemi scratched the back of her head.

“It has to be something big, I mean you called me before making that decision.” Mark pointed out.

“And you knew it was a big one and yet you didn’t question her about it.” Hyemi pointed out, Mark rolled his eyes at her.

“Board.” Hana said, she turned to her friends, Hyemi blinked back at her.

“Board?” Mark echoed. Hana took one long sip from her beer and faced her friends.

“I asked my father to transfer all the shares he’s been wanting to give me earlier today.”

The two stared at her in silence.

“W—What?”

“That…That automatically gives you a seat in the board, Hana. You know what that means, right?” Hyemi was about to explain to her.

“I know that.” Hana exhaled, her forehead creased.

“I’m not against it, Hana, but why did you do it? How did this happen?” She asked, Hana chewed on her lower lip before speaking.

“I was having lunch with Siwon oppa, we were talking. He was telling me about how I should take over, but it was nothing serious, you know. You could say he was joking,”

“Oh my, Siwon oppa.” Hyemi sighed dreamily.

“I know.” Hana chuckled before leaning back on the couch. Mark eyed the two warily.

“We were expecting Jongin to join us, and then he..arrived with Sera.”

Hyemi’s brows went up, Mark snorted.

“I don’t know what happened, but I got so annoyed and riled up. Maybe it was Siwon oppa’s words that got to me, I don’t exactly know. And then the next thing I know,” She swallowed.

“I was already on the phone with my father. Allowing him to name me as SK Holdings’ vice president.”

Mark clapped his hands in glee, Hyemi stared at her friend thoughtfully.

“Crazy, huh?” Hana looked at her. She smiled and gently shook her head.

“Not really, it’s something you should have done years ago.”

 

You were annoyed that Jongin brought her along, Hana. It was because Sera had her claws on your Nini.

But you don’t know that yet.

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++