022

It's You, Always

Hana tossed the Birkin on the floor, it landed with a loud thud. Mark and Hyemi winced as they watched the girl walk to her room and shut the door behind her.

“Okay, we need time to process what we just saw.” She nodded as she sat down, Mark sighed and picked up the Hermes piece.

“Are you okay?” He spoke to the bag before setting it down on the kitchen counter, he made his way towards his friend.

“What was that?” Hyemi spoke softly.

“Our Hana lost it. She got angry.”

“I know that, but..wow, I never expected that she’d do that…I mean, up to that extent.”

“Actually, I like that she did that. I approve.”

Hyemi shook her head and leaned back on the couch.

“It wasn’t Sera. It’s not because of Sera.” She stated, Mark nodded.

“Not totally because of Sera, you mean.” He corrected her, Hyemi started to smile.

“Kim Jongin.”

“She’s getting..territorial. And it’s cute.”

Before they could continue talking, the door opened and a troubled Hana appeared.

“I did not just do that.” She stated, wide-eyed.

“You did. At the lobby. With so many eyes watching.” Mark pointed, Hyemi slapped his arm.

“I..I just got angry. I didn’t know what~” She groaned as she sat down between the two, Hyemi smiled and wrapped her arms around the girl.

“You got jealous, darling.” Mark pointed out as he picked up the remote control.

“Jealous? I’ve always been sure of where I stand, Mark. I may have run away from the trouble, but I am aware of where I stand in my family’s company.”

“He didn’t mean that.” Hyemi said carefully, Hana blinked at the two, Mark started to laugh softly.

“What are you saying?”

“You don’t like her hanging around GM-nim, Hana. That’s the answer.”

Hana balked and shook her head.

“You two are~”

“You know, what? We’ll skip the part where you keep on denying this thing and now we should get something to eat.”

“Denying~”

“Come on, let’s order pizza or spicy ramen.” Mark ignored her protests. Hyemi grinned to herself and just shrugged at her friend.

 

 

Sera exhaled as she sat across Myungsoo, she uncrossed her arms and looked away from him.

“What did you want to talk about?” He asked her, Sera chewed on her lower lip before speaking.

“You want to cancel the wedding.” She stated, Myungsoo tensed, he puffed his cheeks.

“Sera, I~”

“First you start to change just because Hana’s back and now this?”

“Look, I thought about it, Sera. I can’t just…Things are different now. I made a mistake, we made~”

“I get it, you’re not sure about this wedding, but did you really have to tell Hana that you wanted to stop the wedding?”

Myungsoo paused, his forehead creased and he started to shake his head.

“Hana…Sera, you have to stop. You keep on wanting to compete~”

“Then why did you tell her you want to cancel the wedding? You could have gone to me first!” She snapped at him, Myungsoo exhaled and looked away.

“Because I know I can talk to her.” His reply was simple but it aggravated the girl more.

“You always choose her, everyone always chooses her.”

Myungsoo started to shake his head.

“Myungsoo, don’t do this. If you do~”

“You’re right. I should have chosen her. I should have just stayed with her.” Myungsoo stated as he left his seat, Sera was about to reach for his arm but he stopped her.

“She’s right. I want to cancel the wedding.”

 

 

Kai exhaled and set his phone away, he had been trying to contact Hana for the past hour and the girl wouldn’t pick up.

He shook his head and stood up from his seat, he rolled up his sleeves up to his elbows before crossing his arms.

“Kang Hana.” He murmured, and then he paused when he heard his office doors open behind him.

“Hi.” Hyemi spoke, he nodded for her to come in.

“You saw what happened.” Kai said to her, Hyemi chewed on her lower lip before giving him a nod.

“Is she mad at me?”

“I..I don’t know, I just..Here’s the thing,” She said as she sat down, Kai took the seat across her.

“Hana…Hana will always be uncomfortable around Sera, and there’s nothing you can do about it. And..Hana..she doesn’t…We both know what happened before, Kai. And, it’s always been a very sensitive topic.”

“I know that, but..Is she okay? Hana..seems to agitated lately.” He asked her, Hyemi could see how much this bothered him and she smiled.

“She’s still kind of trying to process what just happened, you know, she’s know SK’s VP.”

Kai smiled and leaned back on his seat.

“I’m glad she did that.” He said softly, Hyemi smiled to herself.

“Kai, I think it’s~”

“You’re going to tell me that I should try avoiding Sera now?” He asked her, Hyemi paused, shocked.

“Well..as long as when you’re around Hana.” She offered awkwardly, Kai laughed and leaned back on his seat.

“But, why are you so worried over her?”

Kai halted, Hyemi noticed how his forehead creased briefly before meeting her gaze.

“Is it because she’s technically your boss now?” She asked softly, Kai shook his head.

“It’s because I care. And I think I care too much.”

“That’s not a bad thing, Kai.”

“Right now, for her it might be. I don’t want to be a hindrance to her.”

 

 

Hana puffed her cheeks as she looked at her laptop, an email from her father was displayed on her screen and it made her a little iffy.

She was required to report to their main office in two days, she chewed on her lower lip before leaving her bed.

“Do you want to go out tonight?” Mark asked her, he was sitting on the divan with his iPad on his lap.

“I’m on the news.” She said to him, Mark looked up and offered her a grin.

“You wanted this to happen, Hana.”

“I know, but I didn’t want this type of…noise.” She pointed out.

“It’s actually better that people are seeing how this is going. I mean, you are finally taking over, yes. That’s good because employees are now aware of who you are.”

“Mark, it’s not just that I want to do.”

Mark turned quiet, he looked at his friend.

“Han, I heard what you said to Sera, you told her about Myungsoo’s plans on cancelling the wedding. I know that was really wrong of you, but she deserved it.”

“That I could have done any day.” She pointed out nonchalantly, Mark halted, confused.

“What are you trying to say?”

“I want to take over and not have them in the company.”

“By them..you mean Sera and her mother?”

Hana exhaled and nodded, Mark tilted his head.

“That’s a little rash, Hana.”

“I let them take too much already, now I want take things from them.”

Mark grew concerned, he stood up and walked towards his friend. He gingerly took her hand in his.

“Hana, are you sure you’re ready for something like that? I doubt those two wont fight back.”

 

“I know. And I’m done being the nice guy.”

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++