025

It's You, Always

Kai exhaled as he leaned against the counter, he was waiting for the water to boil. Hana was in the living room, browsing through channels on the TV.

He was a little worried earlier when the girl refused to go to her room, instead she wanted to leave. And he wouldn’t have that.

That’s how he ended up having the young SK vice president in his home. He took out one of his mugs and started to prepare tea for her.

“Nini?”

He turned and found Hana standing by the doorway, looking unsure.

“Are you hungry?” He asked her, she shook his head and padded towards him.

“No, I just…I’m not getting in the way of your schedule right?” She asked him, Kai smiled and shook his head.

“Technically, you’re my boss now, I can’t say no to you.” He replied lightly, Hana chewed on her lower lip before sitting on one of the barstools.

“Here.” Kai turned to her with a cup of warm chamomile tea, Hana took it from him and took one small sip.

“I feel stupid, thinking I could…clean up everything in one swipe.” She murmured before setting the cup down, Kai’s forehead creased but he stood in front of her.

“What did..your father say?”

“He asked me to apologize and that I should reflect on what I did. Myungsoo oppa left the country you know; they blame me for that.”

Jongin’s forehead creased, he felt annoyance slowly seep inside of him. Hana let out a shaky breath.

“I might..I don’t think it’s worth it anymore, I don’t…I never wanted to be involved in this.” She explained to him.

“Hana, no.” He said softly, Hana paused and looked up to meet his gaze. She was biting on her lower lip to prevent herself from crying.

“You don’t understand, my father just..chose them over me, Nini. And, I don’t want~”

“You have to tell him the truth, Hana.” He said to her as he placed his hand over hers and laced their fingers together.

“Jongin, you~”

“If he doesn’t listen, then show him the truth.”

Hana paused, confused, she started to shake her head as she slid down from the barstool, but Kai caught her by the waist and lifter her up on the counter instead.

Hana tensed up, her eyes went to him. But Kim Jongin had this look on his eyes, she couldn’t understand what it was.

Was he angry?

Annoyed?

“I’ll help you. I’ll help you tell your side.”

“Nini, you don’t~”

“No, I have to do it. I…hate seeing you cry, so,” He said as he cupped her cheek and gave her a small smile.

“Let me help you. Lean on me, Han.”

 

 

“Oh my god, that crazy . I will kill her.” Hyemi cussed as Mark got inside the car, the two were off to lunch. Hana still remained MIA, and to be honest, it didn’t really worry the two. They were more stressed out because of what happened.

Somehow news of Myungsoo and Sera’s has spread to their circle and there were also speculations as to why.

And, Hana’s name was mentioned.

“I cannot believe this is happening. She left the country because of them!” Hyemi muttered darkly as the car moved forward, Mark shook his head.

“Did you see the article about her? I mean, sure, it didn’t mention her name, but it stated something about a younger sister taking her sibling’s boyfriend! And even being a home wrecker, Mark!”

“I know, I saw it. I tried calling Hana, but~”

“Oh, please, she’s at Kai’s.” Hyemi rolled her eyes, Mark was stunned, he glanced at his friend.

“Wow, that fast?”

“Idiot, no.” Hyemi slapped his arm and gestured for him to focus on the road.

“Kai found her when she went home, he…didn’t want her to be alone.”

“So, she spent the night? Aren’t we the best matchmakers?” He cheered, Hyemi leaned back on his seat.

“I don’t like this, Mark. She just..got back you know, she’s finally starting to fight back and now, her father does this. How could Sera lie?”

Mark grew quiet, he shook his head.

“No, this time Hana needs to hit them. Hard.”

“Ya, Hana wont~”

“Hyemi, she has Kai now. She’ll have to learn how to stand up to those snakes. And,” Mark was smirking now.

“Do you actually think Hana would back down just like that?”

“What are you saying?”

“I’m just saying, Hana is a Kang, Hyemi. She probably has a backup plan, somewhere.”

 

 

Sera leaned back on her seat as she looked at her laptop, true to his words, the reporter she reached out to last night has already put out a blind item article. And it was blowing up really quickly.

She smiled to herself before turning her chair to face the windows, she flexed her neck a couple of times.

“You can’t survive this, you brat.”

Sera was about to take her phone when she heard her secretary walk in, she turned to face her.

“Is something up?” She asked.

“This just came in this morning.”

Sera noticed how her secretary’s eyebrows were knitted together as she set the document down on her desk. She nodded and picked up the paper and stilled.

“W—What…” She trailed off as she started to read the words, and she reread them.

Her eyes zeroed on the signature on the end of the letter.

Kang Hana

Vice President, SK Holdings

“It’s a letter of dismissal, director. It’s~”

“Does the chairman know?” She hissed as she stood up, the lady looked away.

“I’m asking you, has my father heard about this?”

“The whole company already knows, and, yes, the chairman has heard about it.”

“This is impossible; she can’t do this.” She started to gayher her things, but the look on her secretary’s face made her pause.

“What is it?”

“She can, director.”

“What?”

“Before the young miss started working here, she got in a contract with her father, they had a deal.”

Sera chewed on the insides of her cheek.

“In that contract, her father asked her to work in the company for three years or longer, if she wanted to, as long as she stayed, he was fine with whatever she wanted back. And, the only thing she wrote there is that, she gets to decided who stays or,” She looked at her boss before continuing.

“Who gets fired.”

 

 

Hana was peering over the waffle machine, waiting for them to be done. Kai glanced over his shoulder to check on her, she had slept early last night and woke up a little late this morning.

Kai walked towards the balcony and closed the door behind him.

“Yes, young master?” Her father’s secretary answered after a few rings.

“I need you to check on something,”

“Yes, go ahead.”

“Can you..dig up on someone’s past?” He asked.

“Who?”

“Kim Myungsoo.”

“Ah, the man director Jin Sera was engaged to?”

“Yes, him. I want to know how he was before, especially during college.”

“Yes, I’ll call you back later then, young master.”

Kai thanked the male before ending the call, he turned as he heard the doors slid open, Hana was smiling as she joined him.

“What was that? Work?”

Kai shook his head at her before opening one arm to the girl.

“Should I be worried? I’m letting you take care of this.” She said as she walked to him, Kai chuckled and just tucked the girl under his chin.

“I need you to participate on it too.”

“What now?” She sighed, Kai could already hear her protests.

“I want you to go to work.”

“No.” She groaned, Kai laughed, his deep morning voice made Hana smile inside.

“I’m serious, if you continue to hide here, people really might believe the rumors.”

She rolled her eyes and pulled away from him.

“It’s always about work, very typical GM-nim. Wont even give me a day off.” She snorted as she walked off, still grumbling.

“I just wanted a day all to myself and not interact with other humans. But guess what, still no banana milk.”

Kai shook his head in amusement and walked after the girl.

“Will you drop me off?” She asked him as they reached the kitchen.

 

“Of course.” He grinned at her, Hana rolled her eyes at him before giving him a plate of waffles.

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++