018

It's You, Always

 

“Does that make sense? What makes her think that you want that scumbag back in your life?” Mark asked as his friend went through rows and rows of Hermes scarves.

“I don’t want anyone in my life right now. I’m too busy to even choose a scarf!” She muttered as she padded away from the display, Mark grinned at her.

“Oh, come on. Seoul isn’t that bad, Hana. I mean, you’re still here. That means~”

“You mean my father hid my passport and froze my accounts?” She replied as they left the store, Mark chuckled and slung one arm around her neck.

“Be honest, what’s making you stay?”

Hana paused, Mark noticed how her forehead creased.

“Hana, you know I never judge. If it’s because of a man, then I wont~” Mark was about to , but she shook her head.

“Appa…he seems serious about the whole taking over thing. I mean, he’s been nagging me about it for years now, but this time,” She faced him, she chewed on her lower lip.

“I sense urgency, Mark.”

“What are you saying?”

“Maybe it’s time I accept the fact that….I really am going to be stuck here. Being SK Holdings’ president.” She said softly, Mark bit his lip and gave her a small smile.

“You’re already doing so well right now, stop worrying about it.”

“Managing the company, is no big issue, Mark. I’ve always been aware of where I’m going to sit. But, having to deal with..” She exhaled.

“Hana, what happened in the past wont happen again if you fight them back.” Mark explained as they started to walk together.

“But that would be too much of a mess, Mark. I don’t~”

“Hana, if you don’t deal with them that way, then you’d end up being kicked out again.”

Hana looked away and frowned.

“And, are you going to let them take things away from you? Again?”

 

 

“This is weird, why are you out shopping?” Chanyeol asked as he followed his friend around the mall, Kai paused and glanced at him.

“I need to buy a gift for someone.” He reasoned as they entered a perfume shop, Chanyeol paused.

“Someone? Who?”

Kai smiled to himself as he started to read the labels on different bottles, he started to sniff them slowly.

“I just realized that ever since Hana got here, I never got her anything. Like..a welcome gift.” He replied.

“I’m still amazed that she lasted more than a week in the country.” Chanyeol mused, Kai chuckled and looked around the shop.

“What type of scents does she like?”

“How would I know that?” Chanyeol blinked back at him, Kai sighed, feeling a little hopeless. He was never really particular about scents, as long as it didn’t hurt his nose, he was good with whatever.

“I’ll give Hyemi a call then.” Kai said as he took out his phone, Hyemi answered after a few rings.

“What’s up, GM?” She asked cheerfully.

“I’m planning to get Hana a bottle of perfume, and I…have no idea what she likes.” Kai murmured as he looked around the shop again, there was a long pause from the other end.

“Hyemi?”

“Why are you buying her one? Are you trying to woo her into liking you?” Hyemi said teasingly, Kai grew amused.

“No, I’m just being a nice person, wanting to make her feel comfortable during~”

“Hmmm, I wasn’t asking for an explanation.” Hyemi snorted, Kai sighed.

“Hyemi, Hana’s~”

“Hana isn’t really a fan of floral scents, so she likes something citrusy, and stay away from those musky strong odors.”

Kai blinked and looked around the shop, he heard Hyemi laugh from the other end.

“What is it now?”

“I’m just glad she’s working with you, Kim Jongin.”

“I’m not sure if that’s a compliment or you’re dissing me.”

“I mean it. Thank you for making her feel comfortable.”

Kai paused, he bit his lip before speaking.

“What…made her leave in the first place? Sera and…her mother?”

“Just persuade her to stay, Kai.”

 

 

Hana was on her way to her usual rounds, walking around the hotel and checking on the admin office when she noticed something familiar. The bellboys were wheeling in a set of suitcases and luggage from a black BMW. She walked towards them.

“Oh, good morning, young miss.” They greeted her warmly, she smiled back and looked at the bags, her eyes widened as she saw the initials embossed on them.

“Oh my god.” She chuckled happily.

“Hana?” Kai spotted her, she faced him and the male was a little surprised when he saw how pleased she was.

“Oh, Nini, good morning.” She was beaming as she reached him and hooked her arm around his.

“You’re up early today, do you have a lot on your schedule?” He asked as they walked together, she shook her head.

“Not really.” She shrugged as she looked around the lobby.

“Have you eaten? Wanna have breakfast outside?” Kai nudged her, she was about to reply when she saw two ladies standing across them.

“Auntie, noona.” Kai spoke politely, Hana exhaled, not reacting.

“I see you two are already friendly with each other, that’s nice.” Mrs. Kang smiled at the two, Hana didn’t let go of Kai.

“We were just off to~”

“We came here early, because we wanted to invite you two for brunch. Are you two free?” Mrs. Kang asked, the demanding tone of her voice irked that young miss.

“Ah, brunch?” Kai said, he glanced at Hana again.

“Come on, I’m sure you two can take a few hours off and~”

“No.” Hana spoke, Kai looked at the girl, she dropped her arm to her side.

“Nini and I already made plans.” She spoke, Kai could sense her discomfort, he looked around them.

“Nini?” Sera repeated, Hana met her gaze evenly and she grinned at the girl.

“Then, just join us. That way, we can chat over mimosas and~”

“Thank you, auntie. But, we already made plans so,” Kai said, his tone polite. The elder blinked at him, a little stunned.

“We’ll get going now.” He said with a smile before taking the girl’s hand and pulling her along with him.

 

 

“In other circumstances, I would have called you out for being rude but, wow, that was really nice of you, GM-nim.” Hana said as they entered the café, Kai grinned at her before gesturing for the to pick a table.

“Whom do you dislike more, Sera noona or her mother?” He asked as they sat down.

“I’d rather drink broccoli juice than have mimosas with those two.” She replied playfully as she picked up the menu.

“So, have you thought about it? About meeting the board of directors?” He asked her, Hana paused and looked at him.

“Do..Do you think I should go alone? I mean, I would love to have you around, but~”

“You’d do great, Hana, with or without me there.”

She chewed on the insides of her cheek, Kai smiled and leaned over the table to playfully muss her hair.

“Come on, have a little faith, young miss.”

“Easy for you to say, Nini, you love the hotel business so much that you’d~”

“Fine, I’ll go with you.” He muttered darkly, Hana chuckled heartily.

“I’m just joking, I think I might go alone this time. But, can I call you just in case I need an escape?” She asked him, Kai nodded.

“Of course.”

“Then, can I order two meals? I’m really hungry.” She pointed towards the menu. Kai winked at her before calling for the waiter.

“You know..meeting with the board again..this may lead them to think that you are finally accepting your father’s offer.” He spoke, Hana’s eyes went to him again.

“Really?”

“I don’t want you to be forced into something that you’re not comfortable with, Hana. But, I’d really like it if you stayed, even if you’re not with SK Holdings.” He said softly, Hana smiled and nodded.

“So, GM-nim’s good with me resigning and lounging around the hotel instead?” She mused at him, Kai chuckled.

“Like I’d allow that.” He snorted, she shook her head. Kai looked at her again, all serious.

“But I mean it, you don’t have to leave. It’s your company anyway.”

 

And to be honest, if you leave, the hotel would probably feel empty.

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++