015

It's You, Always

 

 

Sera didn’t get to retort back, Hana had already turned his back to her and was crossing the lobby.

Sera saw Kai standing near her, she approached him.

“Kai, I~”

But the male moved away from her and jogged after the Kang young lady.

“Hana,” He called, Sera’s brows furrowed as she watched the two.

“Hana, wait.” Kai caught the girl’s arm, Hana paused and faced him. Kai grew concerned as she noticed how frazzled she was.

“Where are you going?”

“Jongin, just please…I need some air. I have to get out of here.” She stated, Kai looked past her and saw the familiar Corvette Stingray roll in the curb.

“Let me drive you, then and~”

“Please,” Hana pleaded, Kai’s forehead creased as he studied the look on her eyes.

“I need to get out here.” She finished, Kai bit his lip and nodded.

“I’ll see you later?” He asked softly, a small smile appeared on her lips.

“Of course.” She nodded and gave his hand a small squeeze before jogging towards her waiting car.

 

 

Hana exhaled as she sat down and looked at the photo before her, she was inside a private mausoleum just a few miles away from her mother’s favorite temple.

“I’m starting to think of denouncing my citizenship, eomma. That way, appa wont be able to hand me the company.” She murmured as she traced her fingers over her mother’s smile.

Hana ran her fingers through her hair.

“Sure, it’s nice having to hang out with Hyemi and Mark again. I miss those two.” She recounted as she leaned on her knees.

“But being back here…having to face them again,” She trailed off as she wiped her tears off her cheeks.

“It’s difficult, eomma. I…I don’t know how to make them stop. Sera and her mother, I…I don’t want be a bad person, but..”

Hana trailed off and looked at her mother’s photo. She sighed before arranging the flowers she brought with her. She stood up to get an empty vase and filled it with water.

Hana let out a shaky breath before setting down.

“I only came here to whine, sorry, eomma. I missed you also.” She said with a small smile as she looked around her, her father had the mausoleum built right after Hana’s mother died. He wanted a private place wherein they could grieve and of course, he wanted to give Hana a place where she could talk to her mother.

“However, not all things are that bad, eomma.” She continued as she looked at her palms.

“Appa’s making me work with one of his son’s friends, he’s…he’s nice, probably knows how to handle appa’s company more than I do, and…he’s not that bad. Good-looking. No, more like…this bronzed god.” She recounted.

“Anyway, I have a party to be at tonight, eomma. Can you help me out a bit?” She asked as she gathered her things, she left a carton of banana milk beside her mother’s photo.

“Make Sera gain at least ten pounds before her wedding.” She chuckled before stepping out of the place.

 

 

Kai looked at the girl hesitantly before taking the seat across her, they were both inside his office.

“Kai, I know what you saw was disturbing, but~”

“You shouldn’t have done that, noona.” Kai spoke, he set his cup of coffee down and met Sera’s gaze evenly.

“Not in front of the staff. Those people look up to her.” He spoke calmly, Sera paused, her forehead creased.

“Kai, don’t be like this.”

Kai leaned back against his seat, he glanced at his phone again.

“I admit, Hana and I never really got along, but..she always does this. She’s always liked causing troubles for us, the family.”

Sera bit her lip when Kai didn’t reply, her fists curled on her lap.

“Don’t fall for her tricks, Kai. You don’t know her. You don’t know what she’s capable of.” She explained, Kai’s gaze went to her and he shook his head.

“Whatever issue you have with her is your business, noona. To me,” Kai spoke as he sat up.

“I have no problems with Hana, she’s perfect.” He said as he stood up, he grabbed his phone and coat.

“If you’ll excuse me, I’m needed downstairs. You know your way out.” Kai gave her a polite nod before stepping out of the office

Sera exhaled and shook her head as soon as the male left the room.

“Unbelievable.” She spat before marching out of the general manager’s office.

 

 

Hana chewed on her lower lip as she stepped through the doors, she knew Hyemi would also be in attendance along with her parents. But she couldn’t find her in the sea of unfamiliar faces.

“I am not paid enough for this.” She said under her breath as she started to move forward.

“You’re here.”

She paused and turned behind her, her brows rose.

“Well, I did promise I’d be here.” She said as Kai reached her, he was smiling as he offered her his arm.

“You feel better now?” He asked as he they walked towards the other guests, Hana could feel the eyes on her. Her forehead creased, Kai glanced at her as he felt her discomfort.

“People hear have already heard about you, remember? Your father was very open with his plans.” He explained, Hana nodded. She spotted Sera and her mother amongst the crowd, they were speaking with some familiar looking people.

“But, don’t feel pressured about it, the last decision will always be yours, young miss.” Kai said in a joking tone, she chuckled and shook her head.

“I’m sorry for what happened earlier, it was at the lobby too.” She said to him, Kai adamantly shook his head.

“It’s your hotel, Hana. And,” Kai reached out touch her hair.

“Stop focusing on that, enjoy the party. I’ll show you around.” He said with an assuring smile, Hana blinked at him.

“Please don’t tell me that my father instructed you to introduce me to his business~”

Kai chuckled and took her hand, Hana narrowed her eyes at him.

“Come on, young miss. It’s not that bad, and, my parents want to meet you too.”

“Why? Did you tell them how much of a headache I’ve been to you?” She said as she kept with him, Kai gave her a hearty laugh, unaware of stares they were earning as they passed by.

“GM-nim,” Hana tugged on his hand, Kai met her gaze and gave her a small nod.

“It’s fine, Hana. It’s just a few partners in the business, they wont bite.”

“Wont bite? What~”

“I’ll refill your banana milk station for free.” Kai offered, Hana nodded right away.

“Okay, deal.” She beamed at him, Kai shook his head in amusement.

“I like strawberry milk better though.” Kai commented as they reached the VIP table.

“Who cares about what you like?” She mumbled back, Kai gave her hand a small squeeze.

 

“Exactly, that’s why it’s always banana milk.” Kai scrunched his nose at her before waving at his parents.

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++