004

It's You, Always

 

“Hana’s not joining us?” Mrs. Kang asked worriedly as their food arrived, chairman Kang nodded from his seat.

“I should have rescheduled this dinner, I forgot how jetlagged she must be.”

Sera looked up from her plate and nodded.

“It has been a while since I last saw her, how is she?” Mrs. Kang spoke.

“I asked her to come live with us, but she said it’s more convenient for her to live at the hotel for the mean time.”

“At the hotel? She’s staying for long then?” Sera asked, surprise.

“Yes, I figured it’s already time I let her learn the ropes. I’m not getting any younger.” Mr. Kang chuckled before starting to eat, Sera felt her mother’s gaze on her.

“R—Right, yeobo. It’s time Hana got involved.” Mrs. Kang nodded quickly before picking up her fork and knife.

Sera took a deep breath before beginning with her meal.

“Ah, right, how’s work lately? Everything going alright in your department?” Mr. Kang looked at Sera again.

“Yes, of course, appa. The HR team is close-knit grip, it’s easy for us to fix our issues quickly. Did you like our new project for the TV ad?”

“I already saw it, I’ll ask Hana what she thinks about it before giving it the green light.” He smiled back before picking up his wine.

Sera nodded and leaned back on her seat, she dropped her utensils quietly and looked at the view before them.

 

 

Jongin straightened his tie as he stepped out of his office, his secretary immediately approached him.

“Is everything going okay?” He asked as they walked.

“Yes, we’re expecting three VVIPs this afternoon, we already have translators on waiting.”

Jongin nodded as they reached the elevators.

“How about the young miss?” Kai asked.

“We haven’t seen her, and she hasn’t called for anything yet.”

“She’s probably still asleep.” Kai said as they got the doors opened, then the two males halted when they saw the girl inside the elevator.

Hana was dressed in an oversized shirt that had King Kong’s face printed on it, the shirt reached her thighs and on her feet were a pair of embellished Gucci slides.

“I know it’s not ten am yet, no need to look so surprised.” She spoke, Kai exhaled and nodded. They got inside the elevator.

“You seem busy this morning, young miss.” Kai commented as the doors closed again.

“Hana.” She sent him a look, Kai shrugged at her.

“Is that your way of telling me to help you out with this hotel?” She asked him, Kai’s secretary glanced at her with wide eyes.

“Isn’t that why you’re still checked in your suite?” Jongin faced her, Hana paused, but her lips quirked up.

“Do I get paid for doing something I don’t even want to?”

“That’s how the adult world works, Hana.” Kai said as they reached the lobby, Hana snorted and walked ahead of the two.

“Hana~”

“I have shorts on, don’t worry.” Hana chuckled at him before walking towards her waiting Lamborghini Murcielago.

“I was actually going to ask if she has a license.” Kai said to himself before facing his secretary.

“Ask manager Seon from HR to meet me at my office after lunch, and regarding the wedding hall being renovated, tell the contractors to submit their plans before pushing forward.”

“Yes, sir.”

Kai glanced at the doors again, he watched as the car sped away from the curb.

“I may need to brief the staff about her.”

 

 

Hyemi followed her friend into the clothing store, some of the other customers were glancing at her as she roamed around. While her get up was acceptable in other countries, but in Korea, especially, in the Cheongdam shopping district, her oversized shorts, bare legs and messy bun was a huge faux pas.

“Can’t you at least put some jeans on?” She said as she neared the girl, Hana looked up.

“I don’t do jeans.”

“Well, you have to now, Hana. They think you’re some homeless person roaming around.”

Hana rolled her eyes and called for the sales associate who had been eyeing her disdainfully ever since she got in.

“Yes, ma’am?”

Hyemi sighed and flipped her hair, she stepped back from her friend.

“I want one of everything in this store.” Hana said, a look of surprise appeared on the lady’s face.

“Y—Yes?”

“One of everything.” Hana said as she took out her credit card, the lady nodded quickly.

“Send it to my suite at SK Gangnam.”

“Y—Yes, I’ll get to it, agasshi.”

Hyemi eyed her friend warily.

“See? I’m already agasshi.” Hana chuckled before hooking her arm around hers as they walked out of the store.

“Hana, you should speak with uncle. There’s a reason why he wants you here.”

“There’s also a reason why I was living quietly in Bora Bora.” She replied evenly, Hyemi bit her lip.

“Ya, you’re his only daughter, can you at least pretend you’re interested?”

Hana chuckled.

“Please stop, you’re starting to sound like that GM he asked to watch over me.”

“GM?”

“Yeah, you two will get along. You love your jobs so much that it makes me cry inside.”

“Hana, I’m serious.” Hyemi stopped and faced her friend, Hana exhaled and looked away.

“I know, I am too. But really, Hyemi, I’d rather not be involved in any of this. It’s too messy.”

“You just don’t want to be bothered, huh?” Hyemi said, giving up, she knew it was pointless to push Hana too much.

“I’d rather not be bothered over small things.”

“Small things as in your family’s chain of hotels around Asia?” Hyemi said jokingly as they walked towards another boutique.

“Exactly.”

 

 

“Sir!”

Kai looked up from table, it was the head of security, Mr. Jang.

“What’s the matter?” He stood up from his seat and walked towards the male.

“Our VIPs are angry, the…cars…they just started arriving.”

Kai followed the male to the basement parking lot, his eyes widened when he noticed the vehicles parked at the VIP area. They had twenty special slots for their VVIPs and VIPs, but there were six unfamiliar looking cars parked right now, two of them took the spots usually reserved for politicians and other executives.

“How did this happen? Who owns those vehicles?” Kai asked as he walked towards the area, they all had special plates.

“The men who delivered them gave me this.” The male handed Kai and envelope, the first thing he saw was Hana’s print name and signature on the documents.

Kai puffed his cheeks and looked at the vehicles, there were two Mercedes Benz G-Class units, one in black and in silver, a Bentley Continental, an orange Corvette Stingray, a red Ferrari 488 and lastly a Lexus LX, probably her simplest car.

“The young miss must really like her cars.” The male commented as he looked at the cars, not knowing what to do.

“Can we move them, sir?”

“I’ll talk~” Kai saw a familiar looking Murcielago speeding towards them, he winced at the tires screeched on the floor on loud protest as she pulled over.

“Wow, my delivery is here.” Hana commented as she slid down from the vehicle, Kai looked at her and exhaled.

“Now, before you judge me,” Hana started to speak, she tossed her key fob to one of the security personnel.

“Seven cars, really?” Kai said as they girl approached him.

“Well, I consider myself higher than a VVIP since you want me to run this hotel.” She commented.

“You’re doing that by taking seven spots from the parking lot?”

“Would you rather I take taxi cabs?” She balked at him, her eyes wide.

“Or the bus?” She was staring at him in horror.

“Fine, park away.” Kai stated flatly, not wanting to argue with her.

Hana started to smile as she kept up with him.

“How should I call you anyway? Jongin? Jongin-ssi?”

“Oh, so now Hana cares?” Kai shot back, Hana rolled her eyes at him.

“Jongin’s fine, Hana.”

“GM-nim sounded cute though.” She commented as they got in the elevator.

“Your training starts tomorrow.” Kai said in a serious tone as they doors opened before them.

“And please no~”

“Don’t worry, I already bought jeans. For work.” She grinned at him as they got inside the machine.

“I meant no walking around the hotel barefoot. You did that last night.” Kai said to her.

“I was just off to see how the pool looked like, it seems better than the one I have in my room.” She argued back.

“Barefoot. No.”

Hana rolled her eyes at him again.

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++