006

It's You, Always

 

 

“So, you mean to say I always have to smile even if the guest is being rude? What kind of bull~”

“Hana,” Kai gave her a pointed look and gestured for her to continue eating her spicy rice cakes.

“Jongin,” Hana replied as she tossed the cup away.

“Just because those people have money, that doesn’t mean they have the right to~”

“I know, but that’s how things work especially in this field.”

Hana rolled her eyes and grabbed the bottled soda from the table, Kai watched as the girl struggled to twist the lid.

“I’m not really a people person, Jongin. I’m better working behind the scenes, like in an office. Your job requires so much human interaction.” She shuddered, she cursed and set the bottle down.

Kai chuckled and took the bottle, he easily twisted the lid and took it off. He pushed the drink back to Hana, the girl eyed him warily before taking a long sip.

“It’s something you learn, Hana. I don’t expect you to get used to it right away.”

“That’s where you’re wrong.” She stood up, Kai followed her as they walked around the busy streets of Myeongdong again.

“Why am I wrong?” He mused back, Hana was playfully hopping on the line of the pavement.

“I can’t interact with humans that much.” She glanced at him.

“I noticed that.” Jongin quipped back as he turned the girl forwards and made her walk properly.

“I don’t understand you too,” Hana started, Kai looked at her.

“You’re KB Financial Group’s son, why are you working for my father?” She questioned, Kai halted, his brows rose.

“Yes, Hana did her research.” She rolled her eyes at him, Kai chuckled.

“I like being in the hotel business. It’s…relaxing.”

Hana was staring at him oddly; she slowly shook her head.

“He is so weird.” She muttered to herself as she entered Olive Young.

“What makes you think you’re normal?” Kai as she picked up a pack of wet wipes. Jongin glanced around them, he noticed some males glancing at Hana appreciatively.

“I never claimed I was.” She replied as she picked up pink hairclip, and then she took one step closer to Kai and clipped it on his bangs.

“Aigoo, how pretty.” She laughed before stepping away from him, Kai sighed and removed the hairclip from his hair.

“Pretty weird.” He said to himself before following her, feeling a little lost inside the store filled with feminine products.

 

 

Sera leaned over her desk as she read the article on her computer, it has been released that Kang Hana, the only daughter of Kang Hotels has returned home. The article also suggested that the young miss would be finally working together with her father in order to bring the company to new heights.

She exhaled and shut her laptop close, her thoughts went to Kai briefly.

“I feel bad for him. He has to work with her.” She said as she slowly stood up, she was about to grab her purse when her secretary stepped in.

“It’s about your dinner appointment with the chairman, ma’am.”

“Yes, did appa call?” She asked eagerly as she put on her blazer.

“Secretary Lee called, the chairman apologizes that he has to cancel on you tonight.”

Sera paused, her brows went up.

“Why? Did something happen?”

“The bag Hana agasshi wanted is a little hard to find, so the chairman decided to choose another one instead. He wants to do it personally.” The secretary smiled in amusement, Sera exhaled and dropped her purse back on her table.

“He said if you’d like to reschedule, he’ll~”

“No need.” Sera cut him off and stepped out of the office.

 

 

“VVIPs are different, we have to prepare at least a day before when they make arrangements with us.” Kai said as he opened the door for her, Hana slid down from the car.

“I know; I saw how you were all bossy yesterday because the mayor is coming today for a banquet with his colleagues.” Hana replied, the valet went to them and drive the car away.

“And that’s why we’re going to greet them tomorrow when they arrive.”

“We? Why would~” Hana was about to argue but Kai shushed her as they got in the lobby, she made a face at him.

“I mean, if you think about it, the mayor works for us. He works for the people, so,” She hopped on an empty luggage cart, Kai mentally sighed and started pulling the cart along with him. The hotel staff watched the two in amusement, the young miss was so entertaining.

“So why do I have to greet him? He should be greeting me instead.” She finished as they waited for the elevator. Kai turned to her, for a moment he was distracted by the strap of her bra showing. He pulled back, and politely looked away.

“Fix your shirt, Hana.” He spoke, Hana blinked at him and righted her shirt before poking his back again.

“Thanks for driving me around today, GM-nim.” Hana said happily as the elevator doors opened, Kai pulled the cart in along with the girl. She raised her fist to him, Kai’s brows rose but he bumped fists with the girl.

“Being nice to me wont help you escape with saying hi to our guests.” He said as the machine started to move upwards.

“But, this means you’ll join me and my father for lunch tomorrow.”

“I didn’t know I was included.” Kai looked at her in a confused manner, Hana grinned as the doors pinged open again.

“You just became my plus one. And, don’t think you can escape this.” She mused at him as she rolled away with luggage cart. Kai shook his head to himself and leaned back against the walls.

“See you later, GM-nim!” Hana called out before the doors closed.

 

 

“He’s trying to buy you off.” Hyemi replied as they got inside the mall, Hana shook her head and fixed the strap of her purse on her shoulder.

“I can’t exactly leave; he froze all my accounts.”

“Wow, our spoiled brat doesn’t know what to do.” Hyemi hummed sarcastically, Hana slapped her arm.

“But, I think he’s being serious.” Hana said as they walked towards the escalator.

“When did you father ever joke when it came to work?” Hyemi replied as she leaned against the railing, Hana shrugged and crossed her arms.

“I mean, he’s going through all this just to make me to stay, it makes one person think.” Hana replied as she looked around, searching for a restaurant.

“Well, I think,” Hyemi said as they got off the escalator.

“You’re not a student anymore and that you should start being an adult now.” Hyemi pointed towards an Italian place.

“Look, I have no issues with the whole taking care of SK .” Hana stated as they walked in the place, Hyemi grew amused. This was Hana probably trying to negotiate her stand in not working with her family at all.

“But it’s not exactly the most comfortable arrangement ever.”

“And why is that?” Hyemi mused back as they sat down.

“Oh, did I mention I’m working with KB Fina~”

“I know; you’re working with Kai. Chanyeol oppa mentioned it to me the other day.” Hyemi said as she picked up the menu.

“Kai? Who is Kai?”

“Jongin. That’s Kim Jongin’s nickname when we were still in college.” Hyemi replied, Hana paused and shrugged.

“Anyway, I’d really rather work away from home.” She finished as she set her phone down on the table.

“Hana, Sera’s not even assigned to any of the hotels.” Hyemi said to her.

“I know, but~”

“Ya, it’s your throne. Protect it well.” Hyemi pointed out, Hana exhaled and leaned back on her seat.

“I know you hate being pressured, but, take this opportunity. You’ve been letting them step on you for way too long.”

 

“She’s already taken enough, Hana.”

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++