031

It's You, Always

“I don’t get why you insist on driving me, I can drive despite the emotional breakdowns.” Hana pointed out as they stepped out of the elevator.

Kai chuckled and gestured for the girl to follow her, Hana’s eyes narrowed at him as they crossed the lobby.

“I’ll come by and pick you up later too.”

“I’m going to work, not to school.” She muttered, Kai grinned before taking the girl’s hand in his.

“Just let me hang out with you, vice president. I handed my resignation letter just five minutes ago.” He said playfully as they reached the doors.

“Right, you decided to stop gracing us with your presence here.” She rolled her eyes, Kai laughed and before he could react he saw Hana’s father standing a few meters away from them.

“Uncle,”

Hana paused and followed his gaze, she tensed before facing the elder.

“Are you heading off to work? Is Kai driving you?” The elder asked as he approached the two.

“That was the plan, uncle.” Kai spoke with a small polite smile; his eyes went to Hana briefly.

“Can we talk, daughter?”

Kai looked at the girl again, he gave her hand a small squeeze.

“I’ll wait. Go.” Kai said softly, Mr. Kang looked at his daughter expectantly.

“Okay.” Hana replied as she let go of his hand, she followed her father back to the elevators.

 

 

Sera exhaled as she looked at her reflection, her things from her office were sent in just this morning. She glanced at the two boxes on the foot of her bed.

Kang Hotels had officially kicked her out. It was as if she was nothing.

Her jaw clenched and unclenched as she stood up, she picked up one of the noxes and tossed it across her room.

Hana was destroying everything.

“I wont let you win.” She spat as she emptied the boxes on her room’s carpeted floor.

“What are you saying?”

She halted, she looked up and saw her mother standing by the doors.

“Her father is set on giving everything to her, he’s going to let her get away with everything.” Mrs. Kang said as she walked into her daughter’s room.

“What are you trying to say, eomma?”

“Hana has a stronger alliance now. She’s close with that KB Financial young man.”

“You mean Kai.” Sera sighed before plopping down.

“Exactly, aren’t you friends with him? Why don’t you play that card?”

 

 

Kai leaned back against the side of his car as he spoke on the phone.

“They aren’t doing anything yet, sir.”

He nodded back, his forehead creasing, he glanced at the hotel’s doors again.

“It’s not like them not to do anything. What about the rumors?”

“Everything’s been taken down, sir. And, ever since mister Kim spoke about it, it mellowed down.”

Kai’s thoughts went to Myungsoo, he didn’t like how he just disappeared and surfaced back briefly. All he did was tell the public that his engagement with Sera was cancelled.

“I’ll be in the office by next week, so I need everything arranged by then.”

“Yes, vice chairman.”

“And, make sure no rumors pop up again. Hana doesn’t need any of that. Not right now.”

“Yes, I already have some people looking into it. Then, have a good day.”

Kai nodded before putting his phone down, his phone pinged.

Are you busy? Can we meet up? – Sera

Kai’s forehead creased before looking around him, he saw Hana’s secretary standing by the lobby.

It won’t take long, Kai. I just want to explain myself. Lunch? -Sera

 

 

“What do you want to talk about, abeoji?” Hana asked as the waiter served them coffee, the two were at the hotel’s lounge.

“I came by to apologize.”

Hana paused, she looked away before nodding along.

“I know I’ve been unreasonable and I…I have neglected you.”

“You haven’t. I was living the life in Bora Bora.”

“Hana,”

She met his gaze before leaning back on her seat.

“I just remembered that I never asked you if you were okay with me remarrying. I mean, you were young back then, but I knew you were aware of things. And I feel so bad that I never got to ask of your opinion.”

Hana chewed on the insides of her cheeks.

“And, I think I always did know that you weren’t comfortable around them, I just…ignored it, hoping that you would warm up soon or you would..accept them.”

“But I never did.” Hana finished for him, the elder paused and he nodded.

“They took things from me, appa. And I’m sorry, this won’t change anything.”

“I know, but I’m here to see you. Come back to me, daughter.” He said as he reached for her hand.

“Appa,” She spoke as she placed her hand over his.

“I’m not going to ask you to change anything, but don’t expect that I’d treat them differently after this, abeoji. I respect your decision, I always have, but I can’t be in the same room as them.”

Her father swallowed and nodded, Hana smiled and stood up from her seat, she plopped down on the empty chair beside her father.

“Relax, you’re not going to lose me, not even if you tried.” She said lightly, her father snorted and started to laugh.

“I’m sorry, Hana.”

Hana shook her head and just took her father’s hand in his.

“I’m sorry for scaring your guards, they all must hate me now.” She murmured, her father chuckled.

“I’ll see you at the office?” He asked her, Hana nodded and they stood up.

“Of course.” She grinned back, her father looked at her questioningly.

“What is it, president Kang?” She sighed as she walked with him.

“What is going on between you and Kai? I heard~”

“Nope, too early for that.”

“I just want you to know that I approve. I’ve always approved of him.” He said conspiringly.

“Abeoji!” Hana winced.

“I’m being honest, I even had a backup plan just in case you never take over.”

“And what would that be?”

“Have you two marry!” He chuckled heartily, Hana balked at him.

 

“Appa!”

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++