014

It's You, Always

Kai looked up from the menu, he grew concerned. Hana had been quiet ever since they left the hotel. He bit on the insides of his cheek before speaking.

“Hana, about~”

“I honestly don’t know what he’s trying to pull here.” She said, Kai blinked, he felt a little foolish for being worried over her. Hana seemed to be okay.

“Hana, Myungsoo just~”

“No. No more Myungsoo. Please.” She muttered, Kai closed his mouth. Hana pushed the menu away from her.

“You choose. I’m good with whatever, as long no seafood on my pizza.”

Kai bit his lip before speaking, he set the menu down and faced her.

“I feel like I witnessed something that I shouldn’t have.”

Hana shook her head adamantly.

“I worked so hard, you know, just to get out of this place. And now, it’s happening all over again.”

“Do..you still have feelings for him?” He asked carefully.

“Does it matter?” She replied before picking up a potato wedge. Kai didn’t reply, instead he leaned over and brushed the bits of cheese off the side of her lip.

“Of course, it does. It’s you.” He said before pouring her some water.

“Can we get pepperoni instead?” She beamed at him, Kai snorted.

“No, you said Hawaiian earlier.” Kai shot back

“Nini!” She complained, Kai shook his head while smiling and called for the waiter.

 

 

Sera walked in Myungsoo’s office, her brows rose as she realized it was empty. She had been calling him since this noon. And she still didn’t get a message from him.

“Director Jin?”

Myungsoo’s secretary walked in the room to greet her.

“Myungsoo..hasn’t come back yet?”

“Yes, director. The meeting seems to be taking long.” He said quickly, Sera bit her lip and shook her head.

“Ah, really, then~”

“Secretary Son, should I come pick him up at SK now? I think he left the car~” Myungsoo’s driver halted when he saw the female inside the room.

Secretary Son looked away and flinched.

“SK? Gangnam?” Sera repeated, the two males turned silent.

“I thought he was at a meeting? Why is he at SK Gangnam?” She questioned, the males didn’t reply.

“I cannot believe this.” She said under her breath before storming out of the office.

 

 

Mark handed Hyemi the bottle of beer before plopping down on the couch. The three friends were at Mark’s place, having dinner.

Well, usually dinner meant burgers, steaks and other unhealthy snacks when Mark was the one choosing.

“Wait, he went there? Today? Why?” Hyemi asked, Hana looked at the two before letting go of her Cheetos.

“Hana, what are you not telling us?” Mark asked as he looked at the TV screen, they were playing Twilight, and he hated that. But he could do nothing about it, Hyemi enjoyed cheesy teen films.

“He…said that he can’t marry Sera.”

“Who would want to marry~ Wait, what?” Hyemi halted, her eyes left the screen and Mark took the opportunity to switch channels.

“You. It has to be you, Hana.” Haan repeated without looking at her friends, Mark guffawed.

“Fat chance.” The LA young master snorted, Hyemi threw him a look.

“I…don’t even know what he’s trying to do, I don’t want to know either.” She said as leaned back on the seat and closed her eyes.

“Let’s sabotage the wedding then, you trick Myungsoo into thinking that you want him back too. And use that~”

“Mark Tuan!” Hyemi barked, Mark chuckled and stood up. He sat down beside Hana and gingerly wrapped his arms around the girl.

“Look, Hana, sweetheart, I love you, you know that. But that moment you let that scumbag in again, I will surely whack you~”

“I know, Mark.” Hana muttered darkly, Hyemi chuckled at the two.

“But, we both will always respect your decision, no matter how ty it will be, you know that.” Hyemi added, Hana nodded.

“Ya, you can’t be swayed by this. Not him.” Mark said softly, Hana sighed and wriggled free from his grasp.

“I just want to go home.” She said as she stood up and fixed her shirt, Hyemi glanced at Mark, her forehead creased.

“Hana, this is your home. Seoul.”

“Not anymore.” She said before walking to the kitchen to get something to drink.

“She has to learn how to fight back, Mark.” Hyemi said softly.

“She’s afraid to, you know what happened before. She lashed back and it backfired on her.”

“Well, what is she going to do? Let those people trample all over her again?”

 

 

Hana fixed her hair as she approached the front desk, the receptionists greeted her in unison as soon as they saw her.

“I forgot to hand these to you guys earlier, sorry.” She said with a smile as she handed them the pile of folders.

“It’s for the summer program, right, ma’am?”

She nodded and looked around them, the lobby was a little busier than usual. There were a lot of Chinese tourists waiting for their buses to arrive, and there was a wedding banquet scheduled in an hour.

“Right, GM was just here earlier, he was looking for you. He must have wanted to discuss about the art exhibition event for next month.” One of the females spoke, Hana was about to reply when she noticed someone walking towards them.

“Oh, it’s director~”

“Why did he go out to meet you?” Sera asked flatly as she reached the younger girl. Hana paused, her fingers curled around her phone before dropping her hand to her side.

“What~”

“Did you try to call him out again? Hana, let him go.” Sera spoke straightly, not even bothering to lower her tone.

Hotel staff paused and looked at the two, Sera sighed and set her purse down on the counter.

Kai stepped out of the elevator, he was confused when he saw his secretary rushing towards him.

“Sir, something’s happening.” The male said, Kai followed him and paused when he saw Hana and Sera facing each other.

“You have to stop this, Hana. He’s my fiancé now. You can’t keep on wanting him.”

Kai’s eyes widened, he started to walk towards the two.

“So, please, I beg of you, stop this.” Sera stated.

“Sera noona, I~”

And then Kai saw Hana’s smile appear on her face, and then the girl spoke.

 

“Why would I want my leftovers back?”

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++