035

It's You, Always

Mrs. Kang fidgeted with her knife and fork as their food was being served, Hana and her father were actively chatting about work while they ate. On the other hand, Sera remained quiet, unable to join the conversation.

“So, you decided to push things through with director Seon?”

Hana nodded before taking a small sip of her white wine.

“I thought about it, it’s only a small risk, appa. It will take a few months for it to generate income, but at the rate of tourists entering the country right now, it wont be a problem for us.”

“Good, good.” Mr. Kang nodded back.

“Hana, why don’t you talk about something else. It’s always work with you.” Mrs. Kang started.

“I mean, your life can’t be all about work, right?” Mrs. Kang added, Sera looked up from her plate. Hana’s eyes went to her briefly, the corners of her lips quirked up.

“How about you and Jongin?” Mr. Kang chimed in, Hana looked at her father.

“What about it?”

“I mean, you’ve been seen him with a plentiful of times and~”

“What’s wrong with that? It’s not like I’m not allowed to be out with members of the opposite .” Hana replied, her father curled his lips, knowing fully well that he was defeated.

“Fine, I’m dropping it.” He shrugged at her, Hana chuckled.

Mrs. Kang’s lips thinned as she watched the two, she exhaled before opening again.

“But I heard from manager Jeon that you haven’t been able to visit the other branches lately? Maybe your father handed all those to you a little too early?” She spoke, Sera looked at her mother.

“Right, I heard the same.” Sera chimed in.

“Really? Ah, right, I hope you two don’t forget, since I don’t live with you people. I don’t get to remind you this a lot, but since the company has been handed to me now,” She said pointedly as she leaned forward, Sera and her mother flinched back.

“I’m the one in control of the household expenses right now, so,” Hana’s smile appeared as she picked up her steak knife again.

“I would really advise that you watch what you say. I can cut off that line of credit anytime I feel like it.” She scrunched her nose at the two for a brief moment.

“Yeobo!” Mrs. Kang gasped, Hana’s father glanced away.

“Hana, you’re being~”

“Hana doesn’t want to hear it.” Hana hummed before going back to her meal, the table grew silent and even the waiter who was serving them couldn’t help but chuckle to himself.

 

 

Kai exhaled, he loosened his tie and looked at the screen again. The room grew eerily quiet, the other department heads stilled on their seats.

“We scheduled this two weeks ago, so tell me,” Kai leaned back on his seat, he drummed his fingers on the table.

“How come we have no data on this project yet?”

His secretary looked away, not wanting to witness his boss temper.

“W—Well, vice~”

“Is two weeks not enough? This isn’t even an overseas project. What’s taking all of you so long to do this?” Kai questioned again, even his father didn’t know what to say.

“Well, we’ve been trying to reach the estate agency about this, however~”

“I’m not asking for an explanation. I want results.” Kai said as he stood up, the other directors followed.

“Son,” His father chided him, Kai shrugged at him before leaving the room.

“Sir,” His father’s secretary nudged him.

“What?”

“Your son is the future of this company. He’ll fix up the other directors soon.” He chuckled quietly.

“He’s being too harsh.”

“Well, everyone was doubting him. It’s only proper that he show them what he’s made of.”

 

 

Hana stepped out of his office while flexing his neck, her Balenciaga purse hung over one shoulder as she headed straight for the elevators.

“Agasshi, don’t forget about the party next week!” Secretary Lee called after her, she rolled her eyes at him before giving a thumbs up.

Hana leaned back on the walls as the machine went down, she took out her phone and was about to text Mark when it started to ring. Her brows rose when she recognized the caller’s number.

“Hello?” She answered.

“Vice president, have you spoken with my boss?”

“Jongin? I haven’t yet, why?” Hana asked, the doors opened and she stepped out of the machine and made her way to the lobby.

“Yes, well, he walked out of a meeting earlier. He..was in a bad mood. So, we don’t know what to do, since no one can reach him.”

Hana paused briefly, she looked up as her Lexus pulled over across the doors, she chewed on her lower lip.

“Can..Can you try reaching him, ma’am? The company’s in a mess right now, everyone’s afraid of him.”

“Hmm, where’s the kindhearted and soft-spoken Nini?” She murmured, the secretary sighed from the other end.

“I’ll try calling him, or text..don’t get your hopes up though.” She said before ending the call. She puffed her cheeks and started to type, she climbed in her car and checked her text.

Nini, where are you?

She hit send and started the car, Hana didn’t even reach the end of the curb yet when her phone pinged.

At the hotel. Meet me here? –Nini

 

 

Hana gave the front desk staff a big smile as she walked towards them.

“Young miss, I mean, VP Kang!”

She chuckled before giving the older male a warm hug.

“You seem to be in a good mood, how did your meeting go?” He asked as he walked her to the elevators,

“It was okay, I had lunch with appa and his other family.” She snorted, the male grinned at her.

“We’re all excited that you took over, young miss. You seem really happy too.”

“Well~”

“Is it because of someone we know? Someone with honey glazed skin and perfectly chiseled~”

“Ajusshi!” She balked at him, the male chuckled and gestured for her to go inside the elevator.

“I’ll see you later, young miss.” He chuckled as the doors closed, Hana rolled her eyes at him and waited as the elevator went up.

She reached the top floor and stepped out, she made her way through the familiar hallways and paused when she noticed that the deck pool was closed for maintenance.

“Well, GM-nim has perks.” She nodded to himself as she pushed the doors open. Hana paused as she realized that the floor was slippery. It was hard to maneuver in her five inches Dior pumps.

She looked around and noticed that someone was doing laps, she stopped and put her purse on one of the lounge seats.

“Kim Jongin-ssi?” She murmured under her breath, Kai reached the edge of the pool and his head resurfaced, he looked around. He pulled his goggles down, Hana’s brows rose. He did look tense.

“Should I really be here? He seems to be in a bad mood.” She murmured to herself, she looked at him again. Kai was pulling himself up from the pool, Hana paused.

Wow, Nini is ripped.

But he’s so soft and warm and sunny?

“What’s up?” Kai walked to her with a small smile on his face, water droplets were trailing down from his face to his chest and torso.

Hana met his gaze evenly, she bit her lip.

“Your secretary called me, he was..worried about you.”

Kai stopped before her, he shook his head at her. Hana chewed on her lower lip.

“It’s just a bad day, Nini. I mean, whatever it may be, it’s just work.” She offered weakly, Kai exhaled, and then he just wrapped his arms around her and pressed his forehead on her shoulder. Hana paused, she could feel the front of her blouse getting soaked, but she smiled before patting the back of his head.

“How bad was it?”

“I hate it when things don’t follow schedule. How do you not lose it on a daily basis?” He asked as he pulled her closer, Hana felt him press his nose against the side of her neck.

“I learned from you, Jongin.” She said to him, Kai paused and exhaled.

“Right. How are you better at it than I am?” He said as he pulled back, not dropping his arms.

“I had lunch with Sera and her mother today. It’s probably the three glasses of wine I downed earlier.” She chuckled, Kai laughed before pressing his lips against hers.

 

“What would I do without you, young miss?” He murmured against her lips, Hana smiled back and hugged him back.

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++