010

It's You, Always

 

Hyemi exhaled as Hana pulled the covers around her closer, Mark was standing by the doorway, arms crossed.

“She was drinking and driving, Hyemi.”

“I know. It must have been Myungsoo.”

“Why do you say so?” Mark asked her as he stepped in the room and fixed Hana’s pillow.

“Kai called me earlier, he said that Myungsoo was the one who picked her up, he said that he asked her out for coffee.”

“The GM she’s working with?” Mark questioned as they left the room, Hyemi nodded and sat down on one of the couches.

“This is exactly why I asked her not to come home, that idiot still affects her.”

“Mark, she can’t turn her back on family. You know she has to be here.” Hyemi explained, then the doorbell rang.

“Well, let’s make a way for Myungsoo not to be here.” Mark said under his breath before standing up to walk towards the door.

 

 

Kai took a step back from the door as it swung open, he was met by an unfamiliar face.

“Mark, that must be Kai!” He heard Hyemi’s voice from the distance, the male made way for him.

“You must be the one who called earlier,” He said.

“I was informed that Hana had been drinking too much before setting off, is she okay?”

“Don’t worry, she’s fine, but~”

“You should make a way for Myungsoo not to be here.” Mark interjected, Kai blinked at the male, Hyemi shushed him.

“Myungsoo hyung?”

“Hyung.” Mark snickered before heading to the kitchen, Hyemi sighed and faced him.

“Sorry, Mark and Myungsoo aren’t exactly the best of friends,”

“Oh, well, is Hana..?”

“She’s asleep. Very drunk.” Hyemi shook her head at him, Kai bit his lip. Something didn’t add up, he noticed how Hana was very awkward with Myungsoo and now one of her friends was badmouthing him.

But why would this friend badmouth Myungsoo?

Then the door opened, Hana was peeking by the open space, her eyes swollen and hair frizzy.

“Hey there, trouble.” Mark gave her a wave, Hana grimaced, her eyes went to Kai.

“Nini?”

Hyemi blinked and looked at Kai, a smile appeared on her lips.

“You look terrible, Hana. I’m glad you got home okay.” Kai said as he walked towards her, Hana rolled her eyes at him, he smiled as he reached her.

“I’m sorry, I didn’t get to finish the report you were asking for.” She mumbled while leaning against the doorframe, Kai shook his head.

“It’s okay. I’ll see you tomorrow.” He leaned over to muss her hair before gesturing for her to go back in the room.

Mark and Hyemi grinned at each other.

“Then, good night.” Kai said to the two.

“Ah right, Kai this is Mark Tuan, Mark this is Kai.” Hyemi made quick introductions, Mark stood up and shook the male’s offered hand.

“Now that we know each other, try not to let Myungsoo~”

“Mark!”

 

 

Hana was panting as she hit the stop button on the treadmill, she leaned her head against the screen as she tried to reach for her water. She felt like , she had a feeling she looked the part too. She groaned as she tried to stand up straightly.

“Long night?” A familiar masculine voice asked, she looked up and found Kai standing beside her.

“I probably wont be able to greet guests today.”

“Obviously.” Kai gave her a smile before picking up the bottled water for her, he twisted the lid before handing it to her.

Hana took a long sip as she went down from the machine, Kai handed her a towel. Hana sighed before draping it around her neck.

“I know, I know, drinking and driving, not exactly my best quality.” She muttered as Kai walked with her, the male chuckled.

“You had the staff worried, they were afraid to stop you from getting in the car and they didn’t want to invade your privacy by following you.”

“Did I do something I might regret? Like dance at the lobby? Or climb tables?” She asked with wince as they stepped out of the fitness center. Hana had her duffel hanging on one shoulder.

“No, but your friend was the one who found you. Mark Tuan.” Kai said as he took her bag from her and gestured for her to walk again.

“Mark? Mark came by?”

“Yeah, but, Hana, he told me that I should~”

“Hana, finally!”

Hana looked up, Kai noticed how the girl tensed again, he followed her gaze and found Mr. Kang and Sera making their way towards them.

“Appa, what brings you here?” She spoke, Kai greeted the two politely.

“Well, I checked my schedule today with secretary Lee and realized that I wasn’t going to be busy,” He started as he hugged the girl.

“So, I decided to take you two girls out for a shopping excursion.” He said happily.

“You know, I might actually go to work today.” Hana murmured under her breath, but Sera caught that.

“Come on, Hana, join us. It’s been a while since we last chatted.” Sera smiled and took her hand, Kai noticed how the other girl’s jaw grew taut before he pulled her hand back.

“Hana, please.” Mr. Kang coaxed her, Kai chewed on his lower lip, he could sense it. Hana’s discomfort, clearly she wanted to decline.

“The car’s waiting downstairs, just shower and we can go.” Sera beamed at her, Hana stared back at her, her face void of any emotion.

“You know what, uncle, I’ll drive her there. Hana had quite a rough night, we pulled an all-nighter for a new project so,” Kai placed one hand on the girl’s shoulder.

“I’ll take her to the mall, you can go ahead if you want to.” Kai said kindly before taking the girl’s hand in his and started to pull her along.

 

 

“How many minutes till lunch break ends?” Hana whispered to Kai as Sera and Mr. Kang stood by the display shelves to check out some designer pieces.

“Hana, you’re the owner’s daughter, no one is going to clock in your lunch break.” Kai said as he gestured for her to move forward, but Hana refused to join her family members.

“But I care deeply how the employees~”

“Hana, come,” Mr. Kang waved her over.

“When are we eating, appa?” She asked as she walked towards them, she listlessly picked up a Hermes wallet and set it down.

“What do you think, appa? Does it suit me?” Sera asked the elder as she slung the Fendi purse over one shoulder, Hana exhaled and crossed her arms, she looked away.

She sighed as she looked at the display, not really speaking as the two beside her continued to talk. Sera was happily choosing different purses, Kai watched the three from afar. He was starting to realize why Hana didn’t want to come work for her father.

There was something up between her and the older girl.

Hana was so different when she was alone with her father, she was comfortable, but now with Sera around, she was stiff and uneasy.

Could Sera really be the reason why the younger Kang didn’t want to be involved with the business?

“Hey, you okay? Still hungover?” Kai asked quietly as he approached her, Hana sighed, he froze when the girl turned to him and pressed her forehead against his chest.

“You have no idea. I feel like I’m being whacked in the head by a bowling ball or something.” She muttered darkly, Kai blinked but he gently patted her back.

“Lesson learned then, young miss.” He said chuckled softly, Sera glanced over her shoulder, she paused as she looked at the two.

Hana pulled away from the male, and glared at Kai’s smiling face.

“Be honest with me, Nini, I look like , huh?” Sera heard her speak, the girl’s lips thinned.

“You don’t, we just need to get some food in you.” He mused back as he playfully mussed his hair.

“Well, I would have gotten banana milk today but you rushed me into~” She started to complain, but Kai shushed her and hooked her arm around his.

Sera’s brows rose before facing Mr. Kang again, her lips quirked up and she shook her head.

“Come on, I want you to show me around and explain to me why women need more then two handbags.” He said jokingly as he made the girl walk with him.

Hana glanced at him briefly and she smiled.

 

“You have a lot to learn then, GM-nim.”

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++