032

It's You, Always

“I’ll see you later.” Kai said as he pulled to a full stop at Kang Hotels’ main office.

“We have plans?” Hana paused before pushing the car’s door open.

“Lunch.” Kai said as he gestured for her to pull her skirt down before moving again.

‘’Oh, okay. See you then.”

“You should invite Mark and Hyemi too.”

“Hmm, this smells fishy. What are you up to, Nini?”

“I just thought we should celebrate. I mean, you and your father finally made up.”

Her eyes narrowed at him suspiciously, but she slowly nodded at him.

“I’ll wait for you then, don’t be late.”

“Of course, I wouldn’t want to leave a bad impression on our vice president.” He joked back as he tucked a lock of her hair behind ear.

“I never got to say this,” Hana paused, her eyes were on him.

“What?”

“I’m happy that you finally decided to join your father,”

“Whoa, is that a genuine statement?” Kai joked.

“I mean it, KB Financial needs someone like you.”

“And, you no longer need me around?” He mused back, Hana shook her head and scrunched her nose at him.

“Drive safely.” Hana said before sliding down from the vehicle, Kai smiled at her before speeding away from the building.

Jongin smiled to himself as he stepped on the pedal.

“They have to see that you’re doing well, Hana.”

 

 

Hana tapped the tip of her pen on the table as the meeting continued, they were discussing contingency plans for the next two years as well as recent trends in the market that have affected the company in many ways.

“Chengdu?” She voiced, all heads turned to her.

“Yes, like what you suggested, vice president. Shanghai and Beijing would be too crowded.”

“Hmm, good.” Mr. Kang nodded along, Hana looked around her before gesturing for the male to continue.

“Then, can you lend me a few minutes?” Hana spoke up, the directors looked at each other before agreeing.

“You have something to say, daughter?”

“I do,” Hana smiled as she leaned forward on her seat.

“I know all of you have questions, miss Jin and I have gotten ourselves in multiple scandals as well as her now..estranged fiancé, and as directors of this board, you deserve and explanation. The truth.”

Her father leaned back on his seat, letting his daughter take the stage.

“It’s true, Myungsoo and I were together. Things didn’t work out well between us, we started…to have disagreements, and right after that, miss Jin and him got together. Behind my back.”

The room grew quiet, the directors were stunned.

“But that’s ancient history now. I just want to explain my side. The reason I removed Sera from this company isn’t because of my ex-boyfriend, but I feel like her presence is no longer needed in this company. And having her with her may cause complications, I wouldn’t want that. I..hope you understand.” She ended her speech with a polite smile.

“Of course we understand, vice president. You have our full support. We’ve been waiting for you to join us.” One of the directors agreed and offered a warm smile.

Hana nodded back at him, her eyes went to her father who just gave her a thumbs up.

 

 

“So, you want to check on everything? The smaller branches as well?” Mr. Kim looked at his son, Kai nodded from his desk before closing his laptop.

“It wont be an evasive one, I just want to know what I’m taking over with.”

His mother smiled at him, she was seated on the couch, browsing through the hotel’s brochure.

“Did you already tell Hana about your plans?”

“I did. She knows everything.” Kai glanced at his mother, she started to grin.

“Eomma, don’t~”

“Come on, son, we might be old, but definitely not blind.” His mother said teasingly, Kai winced and glanced at his phone.

“It’s only right that you quit working for them.” Mrs. Kim said as she stood up.

“Why?” Kai looked up, worried.

Did his mother not like Hana?

“Kim Jongin, what would people say if you start dating you boss?”

“Eomma, I haven’t even~”

“And then what if you get promoted while being with her? That is just like asking for trouble!” She shook her head, worried.

“People need to know that you’re so much better than that scumbag young man who tried to~”

“Okay, okay, I understand. It’s good that I resigned.” Kai said hastily, his father laughed.

“That’s only if she accepts me, eomma. You know that, right?” He added with a small smile.

“I don’t know where that thought came from, son. Hana, she’s…different. I mean, sure everyone is. But from the way she carries herself around you, it’s different. I can see it.”

“Let’s not get his hopes up, yeobo.” His father said jokingly.

“I mean it. She won’t reject you, she can’t. You’re my son after all!”

 

 

“Okay, I might get killed for this.” Kai whispered as they walked in the restaurant.

“What?” Hana asked, she turned her head to him, Kai gave her a sheepish grin, his palm on the small of her back.

“Why?” Hana paused, she saw Mark and Hyemi already on their reserved table, but the two were looking elsewhere.

She was about to speak again when she realized whom her friends were staring at. “Wow, how brazen.” Hyemi muttered, Mark looked at Hana and Kai, his brows went up.

“But, wouldn’t it be rude of Kai to actually do this?” Hyemi whispered to the male.

“He’s up to something.” Mark’s reply was short, but he was already grinning, Hana glanced at Sera again, she was watching Kai.

“What? It is kind of rude, Kai chose this restaurant. He set this up.”

“Yes, you’re right. But he’s here to show whose side his on. This will silence Sera and her mother.” Mark nodded along.

“Why is she here?” Hana said as she looked at Sera, who was seated alone at a table, she hadn’t noticed them yet.

Hyemi and Mark’s eyes went to Hana, the two were a few steps away from their table.

“She asked me out to lunch.” Kai said as he pulled a chair for her, Hana stared at him confused, she could feel Sera looking at them.

“What are you saying?”

“He’s probably aware that the add-ons might try using him against Hana.” Mark shrugged, he glanced at the two again.

“Why?” Hana spoke again.

 

“I’m not interested.” Kai met her gaze evenly, he gave her one of his usual warm smiles before kissing her cheek.

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++