012

It's You, Always

“Whoa, so many names and faces to match them to.” Hana murmured as she looked at the file, she was inside Jongin’s office, reviewing important notes regarding SK Gangnam.

“And this is just one branch? You expect me to memorize all these overnight?” She looked up from her seat, Kai was busily typing on his laptop, not even giving her a reply.

Hana snorted and went back to the files, then she paused and looked at the male again. Kai sighed as he felt the girl’s gaze on him.

“Yes, Hana. You have to memorize them and yes, there are fifteen branches to go. So good luck to you.” He said dryly, Hana rolled her eyes at him.

“But, GM-nim,” She stood up from her seat and padded towards him.

“What are you doing?” Kai blinked as he noticed that the girl had taken off her heels and was walking around his office barefoot.

“I don’t get it, you’re KB Financial Group’s son, what the hell are you doing here?” She walked around his desk to stand beside him, she started to study the words on his laptop’s screen.

“Because it’s fun.” Kai simple reply made her balk at him.

“Fun? Dealing with people is fun?” She repeated, Kai chuckled at her, Hana crossed her arms and leaned against the table to face him.

“You might not understand it but, if I work for my family’s company I’ll just be stuck in an office all day, watching over every financial issue that’s happening and having to guard the company’s profile and standing. But here,” He glanced around his office, Hana’s brows went up.

“I get to breathe and move around, I get to talk to new people, even people like you.” He joked at the end, Hana kicked his shin lightly. Kai chuckled and stood up, he checked the time and walked towards the coat rack to get his coat.

“I have a meeting in ten, do you want to come with?”

“Wow, you’re giving me a choice?” Hana balked again, Kai laughed heartily.

“I was just joking; you need to come.” He said as he offered his arm to her, Hana slouched and put on her shoes. Kai patiently waited as the girl fixed her hair and grabbed her purse.

“I have a feeling rather working here, you’d fit well in the administrative department.”

“Wow, is that another term for, “Why don’t you just take over, Hana and get out of my way?”” She replied as she took his offered hand, Kai nodded quickly while grinning at her.

“Yeah, in your dreams, Nini.”

 

 

“Well, she’s always been a little difficult.” Mrs. Kang said as they stepped out of the restaurant, Myungsoo’s forehead creased but he gave Sera a smile as the girl held onto his hand.

“It’s sad, I wanted to talk with her over lunch. It’s been a while since I last saw Hana.” Sera added, Mr. Kang nodded at the two.

“Well, I’m glad you could join us today, Myungsoo.” He said to the younger male, Myungsoo smiled.

“Of course, uncle.”

“I have to head back to the office for a board meeting, so~”

“Yeobo, why don’t you let Sera tag along? You’re meeting the board after all.” Mrs. Kang suggested, Sera paused and looked at her stepfather with anticipation.

“Maybe next time, yeobo. This is a closed door meeting, so, it might be difficult to give Sera a seat. See you two ladies later.” He kissed his wife’s cheek before getting inside the waiting Bentley.

Mrs. Kang exhaled and looked at his daughter, Sera looked away, her fists curled tightly.

“I kind of need to go too, can I call you later?” Myungsoo nudged the girl, Sera blinked at him and nodded.

“Take care.”

Myungsoo smiled and kissed the side of her head before excusing himself. Mrs. Kang exhaled and took her daughter’s hand.

“You didn’t really have to do that, eomma.”

“Do you even know who just got a seat at that meeting today?”

Sera paused, she looked at mother questioningly.

“Hana. Hana has a seat in that room now.”

 

 

Hana was staring daggers at Kai as she was seated right next to her father whose seat was at the head of the huge cherry oak table.

“It’s nice to finally see you, Hana.” One of the directors patted her hand as he took the seat beside hers.

“Yes, it’s nice to see you again, uncle.” She greeted back, Kai grinned at her before turning to the person beside him. She scrunched her nose as she looked around, she knew what this room was. When she was still a young girl, her father had taken her to this room several times.

Hana looked up as her father arrived, she begrudgingly stood up as the others did the same.

“What a surprise, my daughter is here.” The chairman joked, the others chuckled. Hana put on a dry smile for everyone.

“I’d like to thank everyone for being here, this meeting was supposed to be due next week, but I decided to reschedule.”

Hana leaned back on her seat, it may look like she wasn’t listening, but she was all ears as her father continued to speak with the other directors and SK executives.

She even heard Kai speak a few times as they discussed ne programs and recent trends in the market.

“What do you think, Hana?”

She blinked as she felt that all eyes were on her.

“Daughter, the board would love to hear your voice.”

Kai grew a little worried, he noticed how Hana’s forehead creased briefly then a small confident smile appeared on her lips.

“Truthfully, I don’t support the idea of putting up another branch in Beijing, that would be suicide. Beijing has become so busy and filled with people, which you might think is a good thing, but it’s not. There are already a lot of hotels being put up there as we speak, so,”

“So do you have an alternative to continue our growth in the Chinese market?”

“Shanghai.” She said simply, there was low murmur from the group. Kai smiled to himself as he looked at the girl.

“Throughout the years Shanghai has grown so much, even without the spotlight like Beijing. But the city has progressed a lot and now has become a popular tourist destination. Therefore, I think we should check on Shanghai, and if it doesn’t work Shenzhen or Nanjing are good spots too.”

Her father started to smile proudly, Hana blinked and looked around her, the room had grown quiet.

“Well, now it’s safe to say we’re in good hands, chairman Kang. Your daughter is brilliant.”

 

 

“Wow, look who decided to reach out.” Mark said dryly as their friend joined them at their table, Hana beamed at him before hugging the male.

Hyemi snorted and leaned back on her seat, she crossed her legs before speaking.

“Guess where I was.”

“Hell?” Mark replied as he looked at the girl.

“Quite similar, I was at a board meeting.”

Hyemi started to laugh, Mark slowly shook his head.

“Kim Jongin tricked me into coming. Apparently, my father was adamant that I show my face I the main office today.”

“Wow, first shopping with the fave sibling, now a board meeting. Look at you, Hana, progress!” Hyemi said teasingly as Mark handed the girls the menu of the restaurant.

“You guys wanna guess who joined us for lunch, aside from Lady Tremaine?” She chimed in as she read the food choices.

Mark and Hyemi started to eye her warily.

“Myungs~”

“Oh, seriously, Hana? That little er~”

“Mark, language.” Hana winced, Hyemi snorted.

“Wae? Are you protecting him? Really now? Right in front of my criss cross fries?” Mark said darkly, Hana bit her lip.

“It’s not like I can avoid him, you know. They’re getting married soon.” Hana said without looking up from the menu, Hyemi paused, she looked at Mark and shook her head.

“Wow, Sera’s really winning this ty game.” Mark commented as he called for the water.

“Hana-yah, why don’t you move out from the hotel and go live with your father?” Hyemi suggested, Hana did a double take.

“Really? You want me to~”

“Hana, it’s time to set some rules. You have to remind the two add-ons about the boundaries.” Mark stated, Hana shook her head at them.

“That’s too much work, Mark. You know I don’t like drama.” She replied as she pointed towards the pasta dish she wanted to order.

“Hana, you don’t understand, if you don’t do this now, that Sera and her mother might~”

“Hyemi, please, not now. I’ve had a long day, and to be honest, I’d rather catch up with you two than discuss my family and the business.”

Hyemi sighed, giving up.

“Fine, how did you manage being tricked by Kim Jongin into attending that meeting?” She queried, Mark leaned in, interested.

“I thought it was just a meeting with the hotel staff.”

“Wow, so you willingly got in his car and let him~”

“Mark, I swear to god, you make me wish I could undo being friends with you.” She said flatly, Mark and Hyemi started to laugh.

Grumpy Hana was just adorable.

“If it weren’t for Jongin I’d probably not get through the day though.” Hana shrugged before taking out her phone.

Mark’s brows went up and he grinned at Hyemi, they both did a thumbs up before ordering away.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++