019

It's You, Always

Kai strolled in the hotel’s dining hall and paused when he noticed Hana, already standing by the salad bar.

“Are you okay?” He asked as he approached her.

“What do you mean? Of course, I’m fine.”

“Why are you up so early? And is that actual food on your plate?” He looked at her plate, surprised. Hana chuckled and slapped his arm.

“I rarely see you without banana milk especially when it’s not ten in the morning yet.” He said jokingly as he gestured for her to move along.

“Olives?” He asked as he got a bowl for her, the chef greeted them both politely.

“Less veggies, more cheese.” She said cheerfully, Kai grew amused.

“I thought you have a meeting today.” She said as she pointed towards the cherry tomatoes, Kai nodded and placed a couple on the plate.

“I do, but it’s in two hours.” He replied as he looked around.

“You go sit down, I’ll go get you your usual bacon and eggs.” Hana nudged him before walking towards the other buffet table. Kai watched as the girl chatted with some of the staff as she got him his food, Hana was well loved by the employees. At first, the staff were all afraid of her, thinking she was strict and hard to deal with. But after months of working for her, they realized she was different.

Although, she often got in trouble with the maintenance department, because she loves to use her skateboard around the admin halls. But still, they loved her.

Kai sat down as soon as the girl reached him, Hana set his plate down, it was laden with bacon, waffles and eggs.

“I’ll take the waffles if you don’t want them.” She volunteered before he could speak.

“This is probably the first time I’m having breakfast with you.” He said as he picked up his coffee, Hana nodded.

“We should ask the kitchen to have like an unlimited tap of banana milk.” She suggested.

“Hana, that’s only for beers.”

She rolled her eyes at him, Kai chuckled and just placed a few pieces of waffles on her plate.

“Eat up, young miss.”

“Whatever, Nini. Unlimited banana milk is a great idea.” She snorted at him, Kai laughed and then he produced a small paper bag and placed it on the table.

Hana stopped and looked at him questioningly.

“It’s a welcome to Seol gift, I apologize that it’s late.” He said as he pushed the item towards her, Hana grew amused and took out the box of perfume inside.

“Do you like that? I mean, I can have it changed~”

“It’s perfect, GM-nim. I’ve been looking for this for the past few weeks. I’ll use it well.” She said happily, Kai smiled to himself and nodded.

 

 

“GM already left for his meeting, young miss.”

Hana nodded, she was roaming around the hotel, surveying for anything wrong. She had just received three VVIPs earlier and had to deal with a bunch of lost Japanese tourists.

“Then, what about the banquet arranged for Congressman Heo?”

“Everything is going well, they will be arriving this afternoon.” The secretary replied, she exhaled.

“It seems order.” She murmured as they reached the lobby, then she noticed two familiar faces walking towards the front desk.

“Young miss.” Secretary Lee bowed politely, Hana’s eyes were on the other male.

“Oppa.” She chuckled before walking towards him, the older male grinned and opened his arms to her.

“Kang Hana.” He mused before giving the girl a tight hug, Hana laughed as he lifted her off the floor for a few seconds.

“I was surprised when I found out you’d be staying here.” She spoke as the male let go of her, he shook his head.

“Opening up the house just for a few days is too much work, how are you?”

“I should be the one asking you that, Choi Siwon-ssi.” She replied, Siwon laughed and offered his arm to her.

“Let’s talk about me over coffee.”

“Then, secretary Lee?”

“What is it now? Is it another limited edition purse?” He sighed, Siwon grew amused.

“Appa’s add-on texted me again, tell them I’m not coming to dinner.”

“You’re not going to text her yourself, young miss?” The male replied, unsure how to pass the message.

“Why would I waste my effort on that?” She shrugged, Siwon gave her a look.

“You all know I never got along with them, so, don’t look at me like that.”

Secretary Lee nodded, debating whether to send Mrs. Kang an email or just send her a recording of Hana telling him that texting back her stepmother was too much work.

“Do you want me to fabricate an excuse then? For dinner?” He asked her, Hana paused and nodded.

“Hana,” Siwon warned her.

“Tell her, I have to hang out with Dominic Torreto tonight, and tell me if she buys it so we can laugh at her later.” She chuckled, Siwon sighed and shook his head as the girl hooked her arm around his.

“Noted, young miss.” Secretary Lee was smiling as he walked away from the two.

 

 

“She left?” Kai said as he stepped out of his meeting, his secretary was on the phone with him.

“Yes, vice president Choi arrived and they left together.”

Kai nodded, the Kangs and Chois were longtime family friends and business partners as well.

“Anything else?”

“Well, representative left a message for you.”

Kai paused before getting in the elevator.

“What did she say?”

“She was hoping you could join her for lunch today, sir. It seemed urgent.”

Kai nodded before ending the call, he was about to put his phone back in his coat pocket but it pinged.

Nini, I took the afternoon off. I’ll have the revised marketing plan on you desk by tomorrow.

Have fun at your meeting. – Hana

He chuckled before shaking his head, he put his phone back in his pocket and got inside the elevator. His thoughts went back to Sera and her invitation.

He chewed on his lower lip before taking his phone out again.

“GM-nim?” Hana answered cheerfully.

“Where are you guys? Can I invite myself to lunch?”

Hana chuckled at him.

“We’re at Seongsu-dong.” She replied just as the elevator doors opened, Kai nodded as he crossed the lobby.

“I’ll be there.”

 

 

“I heard about it, uncle wants you to step in. What do you think?” Siwon asked as he leaned back on his seat.

The two were at the trendy restaurant in Seongsu area, Hana chewed on her lower lip and picked up her coffee.

“Everyone’s asking me about it. I want to know what you think instead.”

Siwon smiled and set his phone down, he looked at her before speaking.

“You can do it, Hana. You’re probably the only one capable of doing so.”

Hana exhaled and her chin on her palm, Siwon gave her a smile.

“What’s bothering you?” He asked her instead.

“Oppa, I left the country so that I would have nothing to do with SK Holdings. Wouldn’t it be comical if I take over?”

“There’s nothing comical about you inheriting what’s yours.” Siwon pointed out, Hana shrugged at him.

“You know how it is, oppa, my family’s messy. And I don’t like being in the middle of it all over again.”

“What happened between you and Sera before…Hana, it wont happen again.” Siwon said carefully, Hana chewed on her lower lip.

“You don’t understand, oppa, if I even set foot in an office at our main office, she…no, they’ll start attacking me. I can sense it.”

Siwon shook his head at her, he gently reached for her hand across the table.

“Why? Can’t you fight back?”

“I just….I just don’t want them to take things from me again.” She murmured, Siwon gave her hand a slight squeeze.

“Then go get what’s yours, Hana.”

Hana gave him an unsure smile, then she looked up. Kai and Sera had just entered the restaurant, her forehead creased.

Sera was talking with Kai as they strolled towards them, Kai was nodding along as they neared their table.

“If only it were that easy, oppa.”

“It is, Hana. It’s a big risk, yes, but, everything is yours and will be yours.” Siwon clinked his cup of coffee with hers.

Hana’s eyes went to the two again, Sera had hooked one arm around Kai’s as they reached their table, Siwon looked up.

“Siwon oppa.” Sera greeted him cheerfully, Kai looked at Hana.

“Long time no see.” Siwon nodded at her and gestured for her to join them.

“Did you have fun?” He asked as he sat down next to her, Hana stared at him briefly before taking her phone out from her purse.

“I—I need to make a call.”

“Did something happen?” Kai asked her, concerned about the expression on her face.

“I need to call Mark and then…my father. I think.” She said as she stood up, Kai looked at her, worried. She gave him a small smile before reaching out to squeeze his shoulder.

 

“I’ll be back.” She said, Siwon winked at her before she stepped away from their table.

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++