005

It's You, Always

 

Hana stepped out of her suite clad in a pair of overly distressed denim jeans and a tight crop top, she was sipping her breakfast heartily as she strode towards the elevator.

And by breakfast, it was banana milk.

She got in the machine and recognized Kai’s secretary already standing inside.

“GM-nim’s not with you.” She spoke politely, the male nodded.

“He’s having his breakfast right now, young miss. Would you like me to walk you there?”

“No need, I know where the lounge is.” She said as the doors closed.

“Did you sleep well, agasshi? It must have been an adjustment.”

Hana nodded and chuckled to herself.

“Everyday I have to fight the horror of having to pretend that I like it here.”

The male laughed, the doors opened again.

“At least the kimchi’s good.” She added before stepping out, the male nodded to himself.

“Definitely the GM’s new headache.” He stated as the elevator went up. Hana strolled into the room, not noticing how many males were glancing at her as she passed by. She looked around and finally found Kai. He was reading the paper as his coffee was being served.

“Look at you, you finally look like a GM.” She commented as she walked towards him, Kai looked up and set the paper down.

“It’s not even ten am yet, and you’re up on your feet. Should I give you an award, or should I be worried instead?” He said as he gestured for her to take her seat across him.

Hana chuckled and sat down, she looked around them, the guests were enjoying their meals. Her eyes went to the buffet table, it was a continental breakfast and the scent of scrambled eggs made her gag.

“What are you going to force me to do today? Say hi to people?” She asked him as she finished her banana milk.

“You’re not going to eat?” Kai asked her, a little confused.

“I don’t do breakfast, GM-nim.”

“Jongin.” He corrected her, Hana shrugged at him.

“Well, today, you have to meet the head of the different departments. And I have to take you to our administrative office.”

Hana nodded along, she continued to look around them, Kai paused.

“What are you looking at?” He asked her as he pulled the empty banana milk bottle away from her hands.

“An escape.” She replied.

“You missed your chance, you didn’t have to come find me right away.” Kai joked back as he started to eat.

“As if. You’d call my father right away the moment I mess up.”

“Exactly.” Kai chuckled at her, Hana rolled her eyes at him.

 

 

“Hyemi-ya?”

Hyemi looked up from the shelf, she saw a familiar face walking towards her.

“Oh, oppa.” She said as Chanyeol reached her, she set the book down and faced him.

“I’m not surprised seeing you in a bookstore.” He said pleasantly.

“I’m trying to take all the free time I can get now that Hana’s back in town.” Hyemi joked back.

“I heard that she’s being asked to work for the company now. Have you two met up?”

“We have, she’s already trying to escape. It’s quite difficult to reason with her.”

“So, what’s holding her back? From escaping.” He asked as they walked together.

“Her father froze her trust and all her bank accounts.” Hyemi nodded to herself, Chanyeol laughed.

“You should feel bad for Kai,” He started, Hyemi paused and looked at the older male.

“Why?”

“Do you remember where he’s working now? With SK?”

Hyemi halted then she started to grin.

“Hana mentioned she was assigned to SK Gangnam, and isn’t Kai….SK Gangnam’s general manager?” She trailed off, Chanyeol nodded.

“Wow, I already feel bad for Kai.” Hyemi murmured to herself.

“I should have warned him beforehand, but he seemed confident.”

Hyemi chuckled and crossed her arms as they stepped out of the bookstore.

“Not a lot of people can handle my best friend.” Hyemi mused to herself.

“Let’s hope that Kai has the patience of a saint then.”

 

 

“Ah, really, yeobo?”

Chairman Kang nodded from his seat, his wife was with him in his office.

“I plan to slowly ease her into the company, of course, SK Gangnam is just a small step for her. But, she’s still young.”

“Right, Hana’s not the type of person who should be rushed.” Mrs. Kang smiled as she picked up her tea.

“Yes, she is. That’s why I asked for Jongin’s help. He’s perfect for her.” Mr. Kang smiled, secretary Lee paused and looked up from his phone.

“Yeobo, don’t you think it’s time for Sera to move up?” Mrs. Kang said conversationally.

“She’s been with the HR for almost two years now, I think she can learn more if you transfer her to somewhere higher. How about in admin?” She smiled, Mr. Kang started to nod slowly.

“You’re right, Sera’s been working hard a lot lately, and the HR team has never performed this well.”

“Yeah, I head about that.” Mrs. Kang replied, secretary Lee opened his phone again, he just got a text from Hana.

“Chairman,” He spoke, the elder looked up.

“Young miss has finally replied back to your invitation.”

“Really?” Mr. Kang beamed.

“She sent this photo,” The younger male handed is phone to him, the chairman studied the photo on the screen.

“That’s handbag, from Dior.” Mrs. Kang stated as she took a quick look on the photo.

“What is she trying to say? Is she going to join me for lunch tomorrow?” Mr. Kang asked in confusion.

“I’m guessing you have to get her this purse so that she’d join you, chairman.” Secretary Lee said with a smile, Mrs. Kang exhaled and put her tea back on the table. She chewed on her lower lip as she looked at her husband.

The Kang executive started to laugh heartily.

“Okay, get her one of those and send it to her suite right away.”

 

 

To Kai’s surprise, Hana was actually nice. He had taken the girl around the hotel to meet the other staff, and despite her initial awkwardness, she had managed to talk to them and meet them in the eye with a polite smile. She even played with one of the staff’s children who had come by to visit her mother at work.

“I thought you didn’t have people skills.” Kai commented as they went back to the lobby.

“Well, you assumed that. Not me.” She said as she hopped on the empty luggage cart, the bell boy halted in surprise.

Kai sighed and dismissed the male, he started to pull the cart along.

“What’s after this?” She asked as they crossed the lobby, the staff would bow politely as they passed by.

“We’re pretty much done for the day, but,” Kai paused, Hana was staring at the group of Chinese tourists as they got on a tour bus.

“We do that kind of thing too?” She asked him.

“The tours? No. But we can help book them for our guests.” Kai explained quickly, he offered his arm to her as she stepped down from the cart, Hana held onto his arm briefly before facing him.

“I want one too.”

“Well, I can arrange one~”

“I don’t want those solo tours; I want to ride a bus too.” She said excitedly, Kai sighed.

“Hana, you’re~”

“I want to get the authentic Korean experience.” She said as she looked at the bus again.

“Hana, you are Korean.” Kai said to her, she groaned at him.

“Why are you so dead inside?” She mumbled at him before turning back towards the concierge.

“Your father asked me to tell you,”

“I’m not calling him back.” She said before he could finish, Kai closed his mouth and nodded to himself.

“Jongin?” She spoke, Kai looked at her.

“I want to eat spicy rice cake.”

“Let’s tell the chef~”

“No, not that, I meant the dirty kind, the ones being sold on the streets.” She explained as they reached the concierge, the staff greeted them.

Kai eyed her warily before taking the file from the lady behind the desk, Hana peeked over his shoulder and read the words on the paper.

“Senator Song and the city mayor.” She murmured as she read the guest list.

“I can’t deal with politicians. They’re too fake for me.” She informed him, Kai nodded with a grin.

“I still want spicy rice cake though, can you drop me off at Myeongdong?”

“No, I think I’m going to have to take you there.” Kai replied as he gestured for the girl to follow him.

“I want soondae too, GM-nim.” She said as she walked with him towards the elevator.

“How about we just get you the whole street food cart?” Kai chuckled not bothering to correct her as they got in the machine.

“Can we place it in the hotel?” She shot back.

“Your driving, agasshi.” He replied dryly as the doors opened again, Kai handed her the keys.

“But you said you were going to take me there!” She argued as she tailed after him, she even almost tripped on one of the floor markings, Kai glanced at her briefly.

“I am, I am going to show you the way to Myeongdong.” He chuckled as they reached his Mercedes, Hana snorted before going towards the driver’s side, but Kai caught her arm.

“I’m just joking; I don’t want to die yet.” He mused as he took the key from her, he went around the vehicle and opened the door for the girl.

“Get in,” He tilted his head.

“That would have been charming if only I didn’t have this urge to whack you in the head with a crowbar.” She muttered as she slid inside the vehicle.

 

“Buckle up, princess.” Kai said teasingly, Hana glared at him before he closed the door.

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++