001

It's You, Always

 

Kang Hana rolled her eyes as she looked at the male before her, the latter pushed the folder towards her.

“What is it now?” She sighed as she flipped the folder open, she cringed when she saw the papers and quickly closed it. Hana rolled her eyes as she dug her bare toes deeper into the warm sand.

“Agasshi, please come home.”

“But, he’s let me be for years now, what does he want?” She asked as she leaned back on her seat, she turned her head and looked at the endless view of the beach that Bora Bora provided her.

“It’s time, young miss.”

“You say that every year. He sends you here, asks me to come home. I say no, and you’re off to your flight to Seoul.” She argued back, the male exhaled.

“Will you not even reconsider it, young miss?”

Hana leaned forward and took a long sip from her Long Island iced tea, she shook her head.

“Like I said, I don’t want anything to do with SK Holdings, you already know that, oppa.” She said before standing up and leaving the male on the table.

The latter said and gathered the documents, he neatly tucked them in his briefcase and glanced at the young lady as she approached the bar and ordered another drink again.

“Don’t say I didn’t warn you, agasshi.” The male said to himself before leaving.

 

 

The male behind the desk looked up as he heard the doors open, he immediately stood up and put on a smile.

“Chairman, what brings you here?” He said as he walked towards the elder with an outstretched hand.

“I was in the area, and I realized I needed to talk to you.” The male smiled warmly as he shook the male’s hand.

“You should have called that you were coming, I would have waited downstairs.” He said good-naturedly as they sat down.

“Well, I need you to train someone.” The man stated, the latter nodded and asked for his secretary to bring in some tea.

“Me? Wouldn’t be manager Cho be more fit for that kind of job?” He said with a smile.

“Well, if he were twenty years younger, yes.” The elder joked, the two laughed.

“I already told you before, there’s someone that I really need. I need that person to join us. Here.”

“Your daughter, correct? You mentioned that before.”

The elder nodded, the secretary came in and served them some tea and fresh fruit.

“I hope you’d take her under your wings, Jongin-ah. She needs a lot of guidance.”

“Of course, chairman.” Jongin replied as he offered him the tea. The chairman’s phone pinged, he took it out and his brows rose as he read the message.

“But, I’ll apologize beforehand, I know she will stress you out.” He spoke after keeping his phone back in his coat pocket.

“Don’t say that, I’m sure she’ll do well, chairman. She’s your child after all.” Kai nodded, the elder paused and shook his head to himself.

“I don’t think so.” He murmured quietly as he took a sip of his tea.

“And, it’s just uncle when we’re alone, you punk.” He warned him jokingly as he picked up a slice of some fruit.

“I’d rather not slip in front of others, uncle.” Kai said lightly.

“It’s fine, I’m not the typical boss. I’m a cool~”

“We already talked about this.” He laughed, the elder rolled his eyes at him.

“You are so uptight; it makes me wonder how old you really are. Were you born in the wrong era?” He started to chide the young male, Kai smiled and shook his head.

“I look forward to meeting your daughter, uncle.”

“I wouldn’t really say that, but…good luck, Kai-ah.”

Kai paused, his brows rose and he looked at the elder questioningly, but the latter didn’t comment anymore and just continued to drink his tea.

 

 

“Can you believe it? There’s no way in hell I’d trade this view for Seoul.” Hana snorted as she marched around her room, there was a long sigh heard from her phone.

“I hate the beach, so, I love the view I have now.” Her best friend, Min Hyemi stated from the other line.

“Hyemi-ya, they always do this. Every year he sends his secretary here, and gives me these ridiculous offers~”

“What did uncle offer you this year?” Hyemi asked, Hana rolled her eyes as she shook off her shorts, revealing the Louis Vuitton one piece she was wearing.

“A house in Paris and a few properties scattered around~ That’s not the point. We made a deal that he let go of me after college, why is he doing this now?” Hana continued as she tossed her shirt away.

“Hana, I get it. But you have to think about it too, you are his only child. You will have to learn to run the business too.”

“Look who’s talking, didn’t you leave home to~”

“We’re talking about you.” Her friend pointed out in her usual stern voice.

Hana sighed as she sunk down on her bed and stretched her legs before her, her forehead creased as she thought about her father.

“Ya, going home may not be a bad idea.”

“Sure, kill me instead.” She replied, Hyemi snorted.

“Your time in that little paradise of yours might be running out, Kang Hana. It’s time to become an actual adult.”

“Run out of time? I have a trust fund, Hyemi.” She rolled her eyes.

“Oh my god, I give up.” Hyemi said before ending the call, Hana smiled to herself before closing her eyes.

 

 

“She refused, sir.” The male said as he got on the plane, the chairman of SK Holdings laughed from the other end.

“What should we do? I don’t think we can ever sway her.”

“Proceed to plan B then, you know what to do.” The elder said casually, his secretary paused.

“Plan B? But then, the young miss would be furious, chairman.” He reasoned as he took his seat and fixed his things.

“Yes, but she’ll have no choice but to come home. You know my daughter.”

“Okay, chairman. I’ll make the calls now.”

“Good, make sure you freeze all of her accounts, and have her credit cards blocked.”

“Then, how will she fly home?”

“Leave a plane for her, of course.” The male chuckled heartily before ending the call, the secretary scratched the back of his head before taking out his laptop.

“She might commit murder for this. She’ll probably kill me first.” He muttered to himself as he started making calls.

 

“I should call my family first. Then my life insurance.”

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++