011

It's You, Always

 

“Lunch? Don’t you think this is too much bonding?” Hana questioned as they stepped out of the building, her father gave her a knowing smile.

“Your unnie here made a reservation at one of your favorite restaurants.”

Kai looked at the girl, Hana puffed her cheeks.

“Come on, Hana. We don’t get to this a lot.” Sera urged her, Hana was about to reply when she noticed someone coming their way.

“Then, I should go ahead, uncle. Enjoy your lunch.” Kai said politely, but he felt Hana’s hand on his sleeve, he followed her gaze.

“Eomma,” Sera smiled as the elder joined them, Hana’s brows went up.

“Hana, darling, hi.” Mrs. Kang leaned over to give the girl a hug, Hana remained stiff and just let the woman wrap her arms around her shoulders.

“Surely, you will join us for lunch, right? And Jongin too?” She gave Kai a familiar nod.

“Help me persuade her, yeobo. Hana’s been itching to leave us all day.” Mr. Kang joked as he took his wife’s hand, Hana exhaled and gave her father a nod.

Mrs. Kang smiled and squeezed her husband’s hand back, Hana rolled her eyes before speaking.

“We’ll be there, appa.” She said before turning her back to them and marching towards Kai’s Bentley, the male gave the Kangs a quick goodbye before jogging after the girl.

“Hana,”

“I’m driving.” She said as she stretched her palm towards him.

“Ya, if you don’t want to eat them, I can~”

“I already lost, Nini. Just give me the keys.”

 

 

“Finally, you two are here.” Sera said as Hana and Kai reached their table, Hana glanced at Kai briefly as he pulled the chair for her.

“Yeay, us.” Hana said under breath, Kai almost snorted at her reaction.

“Good, we started with the seafood platter and~”

“Seafood?” Hana spoke up, she let go of the menu and Mrs. Kang glanced at her.

“Right, Hana can’t eat much seafood, do you want me to order something else for you?” Chairman Kang looked at his daughter, Sera leaned back on her seat, there was a small smile on her face.

“You like beef.” Kai nudged her, Hana looked around them.

This wasn’t even her favorite restaurant. Everyone knew about her constant battle with seafood, as much as she wanted to eat them, her body wont let her.

“This place doesn’t exactly serve the best steak, unless you want me to chew like a cow for the next thirty minutes or so.” She said, the table turned quiet.

“Hana, I’m sorry, I should have run this through you before setting a reservation,” Sera said apologetically, Mr. Kang sent her a daughter a scalding look.

“Hana, please excuse your sister, she’s still~” Mrs. Kang started to speak, but Hana shook her head.

“Hana, is there anything else you feel like anything?” Mr. Kang looked at his daughter, Hana leaned back on her seat, peeved.

There it was again; they were so good at turning her into the villain. Hana was always the wet blanket, she was always the mood dampener, she was always the outcast.

And as usual, Sera was always the victim.

Kai bit his lower lip and patted her knee, she faced him.

“They have tomato based pasta.” He pointed towards the menu, Hana’s lips quirked up. Sera’s brows rose as she looked at the two.

“We can share, and if you don’t like it we can order something else with that.” Kai suggested, Hana was about to speak when another figure joined them.

“Myungsoo.” Sera stood up from her seat to greet him, Kai followed Mr. Kang’s gaze and he started to worry.

You should make a way for Myungsoo not to be here.

“Hey,” Myungsoo said as he leaned over to kiss the girl’s cheek, and then he greeted the adults.

“Hi, Hana.” He smiled as he took the seat across hers, Hana was about to react when Kai spoke first.

“Right, chairman, I almost forgot. We have three VVIPs coming over this lunch. We shouldn’t be here.” Kai said in a rushed tone, he pulled up Hana with him as he stood up.

“VVIPs?” Hana repeated, totally confused at Kai’s sudden announement.

“Oh, really? you should have told me sooner.” Mr. Kang frowned.

“I’m sorry, good thing Hana mentioned it just now. So, we’ll get going.” Jongin apologized before excusing himself, he glanced at Hana again.

“Well, let’s have dinner next time, as a family.” Mr. Kang said before giving his daughter a wave, Sera leaned on the table and grinned at her.

“It’s nice seeing you again, Hana.” Myungsoo nodded, Mrs. Kang just busied herself with the menu, showing no interest to bid her stepdaughter goodbye.

“I’d really rather hangout with the VVIPs though, but thanks for the purse, abeoji.” Hana muttered before taking Kai’s offered hand.

Myungsoo exhaled and leaned back on his seat as he watched the two walk away, Kai was speaking on soft tones as they walked away then Hana smiled and gave him a nod. His eyes went lower, then his forehead creased as he looked at their intertwined fingers.

 

 

“You know, lying to your boss isn’t exactly very….qualifying for a GM.” Hana said as they reached the parking lot, Kai glanced at her.

“I’d rather not let you choke on your lunch, young miss.”

Hana paused, she crossed her arms as she walked after him, Kai opened the car’s door for her and gestured for her to get in.

“You said something about Mark earlier. What did he say to you?” She suddenly spoke, Kai halted and met her gaze evenly, he started to scratch the back of his neck.

Hana sighed and shook her head, she closed the door and leaned against the Bentley.

“I don’t really get along with my father’s additional family.” She said openly, Kai looked at her, his brows rose.

“Mrs. Kang and Sera, I don’t get along with them.” She stated.

“I…I kind of noticed that.” He replied, Hana’s lips quirked up.

“That’s why today…was really stressing for me, I’m already nursing the worst hangover of my life and now I had to deal with Lady Tremaine and Drizella.”

Jongin looked at her questioningly, Hana chuckled and slapped his arm.

“It’s form Cinderella, keep up, Jongin.”

“Still, thank you for wasting your time with me today, well you had to see my very dysfunctional relationship with the fam, but~”

“Hana, it’s okay. You don’t have to explain if you it’s makes you uncomfortable. I understand. You can’t stand Sera noona and her mother.” Kai said, Hana faced him, she exhaled.

“And, you are welcome. I enjoyed watching you judge every piece Sera bought.”

Hana cackled and bumped fists with him, Kai was about to open the door for her but a voice stopped him.

“Hana, wait.” Sera was walking towards them, Hana paused, she inwardly sighed and crossed her arms.

“Don’t leave, I know it’s uncomfortable, but stay for lunch.”

“Didn’t you hear? We have other things to do.” Hana replied flatly, she turned for the car but Sera spoke again.

“Look, I know you’re still upset about Myungsoo. And I’m really sorry for that.”

Kai stopped, he looked at the women and he noticed how Hana’s grip on the door handle tightened before facing Sera.

“Don’t even~”

“Hana, please just accept it. He chose me. And we’re getting married soon, you can’t be forever mad at me because of this. Please, just wish for us to be happy.” Sera pleaded, Hana;s jaw twitched.

“I love him, Hana. Please be ha~”

“When will you stop playing the victim, Jin Sera?” Hana snapped at her, Sera’s eyes widened and she took a step back.

Kai started to grow concerned, he had a feeling that Hana was not the type to hold her temper well.

“Do you think I don’t know what you really did?” She spat, tears started to form on Sera’s eyes.

“I don’t give a ing damn if you two get married here or in Vegas. So, stop,” Hana faced her, her eyes cold and empty.

“Stop trying to be friendly with me, because snakes like you aren’t even worth a glance.”

 

 

Hana was quiet all throughout the ride and Kai was starting to grow very concerned about it. He glanced at the girl briefly before speaking.

“Are you hungry?”

“I hate her.” She replied back, Kai’s lips quirked up in amusement.

“I kind of realized that earlier.” He said softly, Hana exhaled and faced him.

“I’m sorry you had to see that, I really am in no mood to be dealing with my father’s add-ons.”

“You’re talking as if they’re apps for your phone.”

“At least apps are useful.” She shrugged, Kai grinned at her.

“It’s not funny, Jongin. I’m sorry you had to see that. And I know, I am a brat, and I deserve having all my accounts frozen because of that.”

“You’re not a brat, Hana. You just have your own way of seeing things, nothing bad about that. Well, except for cussing at your step~”

Hana gave him a sharp look.

“Your add-ons.” He corrected himself, then Hana chuckled. No, she was actually laughing.

“Now, we’re finally on the same wavelength.”

“Can I ask what happened? Sera noona said something about Myungsoo. Mark also said something about Myungsoo.” He said carefully, Hana’s eyes went to him.

“Well, Mark will really say something Myungsoo.” She murmured, Kai bit his lip.

“Hana, you don’t have to tell~”

“Sera took Myungsoo from me, and when I tried to fight back, I became the bad person. And she, the victim.” Hana said simply as she fiddled with the bangles on her wrist.

Kai’s forehead creased, but he nodded.

“That’s why I didn’t want to come home, Nini. Home is too complicated.” She said as she leaned back on her seat, Kai smiled to himself before offering his fist to the girl.

“What’s this?”

“I hope I can at least “uncomplicate” it a little bit.” He said with an infectious grin, Hana smiled and bumped her fist with her.

“Is this you trying to become a good boss?” She joked.

“When have I ever disappointed you, young miss?” He replied before stepping on the gas.

“Actually, not ever. It’s weird.” She said skeptically as she fixed her hair, Kai chuckled at her.

“See? Working with me is great, soon, you’ll be able to take over with no problems.” He said jokingly, fully knowing how she felt about that issue.

 

“Sure, great idea. Now, lunch is on you, GM-nim.” Hana muttered darkly.

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++